• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
This thread was created for discussion among both the Peoria/Central Illinois area and Springfield/Team IOWA area Smashers. We could add Bloomington/Normal if they didn't have a thread already and they were active enough? With almost all of us being in school, and several in different areas as a result, scheduling smashfests is rather cooky, so it would be best to personal message one of us. Then we can just add each other over FB/exchange #'s so that we can keep in touch in case a smashfest arises. Talk with us =D!!!

P-Town Crew Members:

Nickname/Name

Gooeybanana/Dave
Dart/Josh-in Chicago weekdays for school, in Peoria weekends;varies
Andale/Anthony
Blackpanther/Rashad
Captain Pr0n/Legion/Adam
Modern/Lilly

Springfield Crew Members

Ripple/Blake-in Champaign during school year
Oranos/Nick-inactive?
Gambit/Derrick
Tomacawk/Luke
TDK_Samurai/Brett-inactive?
Chewyy/Matthew-inactive?

Chicageorians
Hindawg/Eric
BigLeo/Matt-inactive?

Current Owner of "All the Marbles" (Falcon Dittos):

Gooey Banana

Current Owner of "All the Bacon" (G&W Dittos):

Captain Pr0n

Last edited:

studly

Smash Ace
yeah im not sure how to do it.... i just know the Moderators do it all the time

but hey this works fine

so does anyone know the date for Gamer's Sanctuary 's next tournament?

and are we gonna plan on trying to get a tournament over christmas break?

D

Deleted member

lol studly,replying to what you said about my character selection,the exact same thing happened to me against gooey and his team lol. I was really hesitant when i saw rob and metaknight,but chose DDD anyway in the hopes that i would get low percentage kills on metaknight,but metaknight cyclones+robs top and lasers would always interrupt my slams miliseconds before i could land them lol. my only option was reverse aerials and that didnt work cause metaknight would cyclone and out prioritize me. Metaknight+Rob on a team is having the 1st and 2nd best priorities in the game haha.

also studly i wouldn't call your knowledge useless,hahaha. That tidbit about Olimar vs IC could very well apply to me come next tournament

studly

Smash Ace
we were attempting to overwhelm you with manliness....lol and btw no other pickmin do it...the purple one has a random slight knockack....and i still dont know whether you have to get it on nana or popo to cause them to not recover...truthfully i think its a matter of luck or a really good olimar could get the specific pikmin on them and force them to stay off stage until it happens...but thats absurd

i use olimar as a secondary and as you saw my friend uses IC's as a secondary...and out of all the matches weve had...it only happened one time.....i just recently decided to use olimar as that counter pick...but i honestly dont really go for pikmin throw on the IC's

on a side note to josh i found out ganon has a gimp on snake..lol its fairly hard to do though

and now i cant really get on Gooey for long posts

D

Deleted member

wow,so my friend and i are talking now,and we just realized something

How badass would it be if you could play as Kingler!?!?!??!??! We both wish he was in brawl now,lol. We've already talked his moveset, and how his FS should be a wicked Crabhammer hahaha.

Also we've talked before,and i was thinking it'd be cool if they included the Prince of Persia as another 3rd party character haha.It'd be awesome if his recovery was his going back in time,and he'd have like 3 sandtanks that filled up every 20-30 seconds or something like that hahaha.

Yes,totally random lol,but conversation is becoming almost extinct on here. Where are you people?!

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
X-mas break started man, what do you expect us to do :p?

Anyways, my character suggestions are pretty standard/overrated. I wanted Geno, Mallow, Megaman(Samus doesn't need to be the only armored projectile character!!!), and someone else cool from Super Mario RPG such as Booster or something lol... Yeah pretty overrated, but I loved Super Mario RPG(played through it so many times, plus I played the ROM on the hardest difficulty with Mario, Bowser, and Geno: The hardest team to beat the game with IMO xD) and Megaman is just awesome. 'nuff said

Anyways, I'm kind of waiting for Blackpanther to say if he'll be able to hold tournaments or not, so I guess I'll just wait another week. Y'know though...we really don't HAVE to have it be a tournament, just us smashboarders and whatnot get together somewhere and just play friendlies. Idk, just a suggestion?

D

Deleted member

haha yeah,ive heard ALOT of people talking about megaman, i definitely think he deserved a spot in brawl to. And i almost forgot, Simon (Belmont?) from Castlevania would have been awesome.His whip could operate like shieks or Zamus's and it would have been awesome haha.Btw he could throw bombs in that game right? lol.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well guys, I hate to break it to you all, but as it stands right now, I simply don't have the money to get a tournament started ;_;. I guess I forgot that with winter break comes Christmas, and that's robbed me of **** near all my moneys, so I really can't afford to be renting out anything anytime soon until my funds are replenished...

I'll still try to get SOMETHING arranged, even if it's just friendlies with a few of us that usually place higher than everyone at the tournaments or whatever, and I'd GREATLY appreciate it if someone could help out with finding somewhere to do this at.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I was told by the door man from our condominiums that I could possibly use the mall area on the main level I just have to call the guy that's in charge of all of that. Granted I was told this a while ago but I've just been really lazy. On another note, if I do get this off the ground it's only gonna be Melee and I plan for turn outs to be somewhat decent provided that people know how to get here lol. It's definitely gonna be one of my top priorities when 2009 hits.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I knew Petoria was real! All those years of Family Guy are finally paying off ( =
Seems like smash is alive and well and Illinois, but I just had to say that.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Hey rashad, just thought I'd leave this message here for you to read later since you've been away on AIM everytime I've checked today. Sorry that I couldn't make it to your house again man, I've been literally driving all day and now I have to stay home and watch my lil bro for the rest of the night =(.

Gosh, I HOPE I can make it to your place next week because we haven't played each other in like the last month or two ;_;

Dart

Smash Lord
man where is everyone?...well if something ever gets put together hit me up so i can bring a cube and a melee :p

studly

Smash Ace
man where is everyone?...well if something ever gets put together hit me up so i can bring a cube and a melee :p
lol i know right....

heres what we do...someone grab us any small place to smash...and then everyone show up

i still have that church but it doesnt make sense for all of you to drive here when we could do it closer if possible

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
It'd be cool if we somehow got Gamers Sanctuary/Choice to allow us to just come to their place and play some matches on TVs/Cubes/Wiis that we provide. I think that they do similar things with some of the card games and such they do, at least at GS.

Just an idea? If anyone has a closer link than I do to these guys, help would be appreciated. All I have is Myspace :p.

Dart

Smash Lord
David if you plan on going to GS or GC to talk to them take me with you...id like to get involved in this :p

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll try to stop in sometime soon to talk to you about it Dan =) And Josh, I guess I'll bring you along too lol. School starts back up tomorrow so my schedule is going to be cluttered again, but whenever I find a day where I'm able to do something, I'll try to make my way up there.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Blackpanther and a few of his friends are good around here. I'd say one of my friends, EPsucks, and myself are pretty decent at Melee(understand mostly everything, just don't apply it in the appropriate situations all the time).

But yeah, you should definitely play BP's Fox, it's ub3r techy lolz.

Dart

Smash Lord
Well me and david duh!!! i mean we can totally take BP and his roommate in 2v2's every one game out of 5 XD. :p but yeah we're getting better ;)

studly

Smash Ace
taking a poll of who would come to elmwood for a smash tournament??

if u read my past messages you can get a feel for how it would work

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
As long as it's not like an hour drive from where I live, I'd be down. I mean Pekin is a 30 min drive, and I still go to those...oh yeah, blah about the Brawl rules, I don't even know if I want to go really... 5 stock, No time limit on FD? No thanks, that gets really old, and even with 2 stations, it should still be 3 stock or matches will take forever...However, I'm glad it still says details coming soon for SSBM, because that means that it's not going to be some lame *** rules, at least I hope!

Also BP, I posted in the SMYM9 thread saying I'm going to go if my parents allow me, Krieg probably will too and he'll probably just carpool with his mom's car. If you have an empty car and were wanting people to go with you though, please tell me so we minimize the gas costs to go. Anyways, that's just about it so yeah.

egan

Smash Rookie
As long as it's not like an hour drive from where I live, I'd be down. I mean Pekin is a 30 min drive, and I still go to those...oh yeah, blah about the Brawl rules, I don't even know if I want to go really... 5 stock, No time limit on FD? No thanks, that gets really old, and even with 2 stations, it should still be 3 stock or matches will take forever...However, I'm glad it still says details coming soon for SSBM, because that means that it's not going to be some lame *** rules, at least I hope!

Also BP, I posted in the SMYM9 thread saying I'm going to go if my parents allow me, Krieg probably will too and he'll probably just carpool with his mom's car. If you have an empty car and were wanting people to go with you though, please tell me so we minimize the gas costs to go. Anyways, that's just about it so yeah.
for studlys tournament it would be 3 stock not 5......it would be best of 3 ....and counter picks would be available ...8 min time limit...so yeah it wouldnt be long matches and im from elmwood so i dont know how long ur drive is...but with 3 wii's it would run fast...depending on how many people show up

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Oh my bad, I was talking about Gamer's Sanctuary's Brawl tournament next week. Going to be pretty lame :/. A.J. even said last time there'd be counterpicks, I also provided him with a link to them and offered my help to decide what should be what if he wanted me to. Nope, apparently Final Destination is the coolest map(AKA, my least favorite of all the neutrals on Brawl)

GOOD GOD SOMEONE MASTER ICE CLIMBER'S CHAINGRAB!!! Seriously, you do that, and either no one will begin to show, or he'll make counterpicks available. If no one goes, he's obviously going to allow counterpicks because then people will play because they stand a chance with platforms available...idk just my speculation.

studly

Smash Ace
so what exactly are the rules for the tournament on saturday then?
cuz he gave the impression that it'd be 3 stock best of 3 with counterpicks...id be pissed if thats changed

and if you guys are interested in a brawl or melee tournament in elmwood...give me a feel for how many people you could bring and whether or not you can bring a wii... Gamecube ...TV or anything else

...and randomly legion598 has been training his ice climbers for like the past month so gooey you may get ur wish

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Good job legion, I really want people to see just how bad CPs are needed, and not just FD. Hopefully we just get matches full of 3 stocks(or in Sat's case, 5 stocks) and a dose of realization that FD isn't the only stage in the game!

As for Saturday, studly, GS's Myspace blog says that it'll be 5 stock, no time limit on FD, best 2 out of 3 is pending on some situations I guess. LAMMMMEEEE

Dart

Smash Lord
hmm...im disappointed now. I thought i was gonna have to work for my victory in the Brawl tourney, oh well free money i guess >.> god i just wanna get my revenge for that 2-0 loss David :p

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Good job legion, I really want people to see just how bad CPs are needed, and not just FD. Hopefully we just get matches full of 3 stocks(or in Sat's case, 5 stocks) and a dose of realization that FD isn't the only stage in the game!

As for Saturday, studly, GS's Myspace blog says that it'll be 5 stock, no time limit on FD, best 2 out of 3 is pending on some situations I guess. LAMMMMEEEE
Haha this is one reason why I don't go to Brawl tourneys. Tell him to visit this site more often and do a real tourney format and not some kiddy *** format that just gets played out after the 3rd stock.

studly

Smash Ace
how does he change the rules when he asked us to our faces bout the rules we all wanted...and i was freaking screaming best of 3 with counterpicks ...**** it

seriously though he all but agreed to those rules....does any one else working at the store have access to that myspace..... mistake maybe?....cuz seriously i dont even want to play 5 stock...thats an eternity of fighting and with best of 3 thats like an hour for every match

my crew will still be there..but its gonna be gay

egan

Smash Rookie
i realy hope he wises up and changes it to three stock it would make me mad also if he dident even if he dosent im still looking forward to it to try and do better than last time

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
As far as I know, he's the only one that gets on the Myspace account...plus he replied to a comment and didn't say anything about 5 stock being wrong...UGH

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Hey finally found this thread, haha.

Yeah I'm PRETTY annoyed about the GS tournament ultra-gay rule set. But I'd be more than happy to offer a friendly reminder about what he said last time, and if all of us concur, I think he'll have no choice but to change the rules for us. Maybe a few people could bring the stage legality list to the tourney to show him what's up?

I think if the entire room screams 3 stock, 8 mins and counterpicks again, he'll change his mind.

^_^

Top Bottom