• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC # 3: APEX! - May 9th & 10th: Princeton, NJ - Reg sat if u want to enter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

ECRC # 3
May 9th - 10th

EVERYONE MUST PRE-REG HERE OR PAY ADDITIONAL $5 TOWARDS VENUE FEE
http://www.ecrc2k.com/index.php?view=details&id=4&option=com_redevent&Itemid=61

For a downloadable version of this tournament information click here

http://www.smash-tournaments.com (coming soon)

This was the one everyone on the NYC and East Coast have been waiting for! This is Apex! This tournament is going to be my biggest yet. Last time I had 150+ locals so I am hoping to strike lighting twice and get more out of state as well. Here is the deal:

-Huge Venue for a cheap price

-2 day tournament

-Mics and Recording equipment so we can stream matches online.

-Chairs!!! You won't have to stand up all day.

-Great low price to encourage all tournament goers to go!

-Commentating by me and other great smashers

-Close to NYC

-MUCH MORE

INTRODUCTION

Apex is THE tournament to go to. For a long time people have asked for a tournament that is efficient, fun, and hyped and this is the answer. EVERYONE should support this event! We had 170+ at a local here and I know that should entice everyone to realize the potential of NYC and NJ!

The Palmer Inn
3499 US Highway 1
Princeton, NJ 08450
609-452-2500

Call the hotel and mention a tournament called APEX in order to reserve a room at a cheaper rate.

Inui's Information

Since the the venue is a hotel, rooms will be sold at a discounted rate starting at $83.50. The normal rates are $120+, so don't complain about a mere $83.50. May is an extremely busy time of year. The Garden Room and the Windsor Room will be used for the tournament. The Garden Room is downstairs, but it's still very close to the Windsor Room, so this shouldn't be a problem at all. We’ll only have the Windsor Room on Sunday, so it’s best if people not in the final brackets didn’t stick around, although we can still accommodate you if you decide to stay, especially if you pay for another night at the hotel. The hotel has a rule that only 4 people can stay in a room, You’re going to be held responsible if something goes wrong. It's basically around 21 bucks per person if you round up with four people.

If the venue sells out, the owner of the hotel also owns another hotel right down the road a mere two miles.

Other cheap hotel:

Howard Johnson
2995 US Highway 1
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
609-896-1100

The rooms here start at like $75 per night. I'm going to try and set up a deal to make them cheaper, but that’s unlikely to happen. It’s a bit cheaper to stay here, and just as awesome and it’s closer to the actual tournament. You’ll just have to call and book a room normally with this hotel.

[FONT=&quot]Inui's contact info for important questions

[/FONT] Phone: 732-829-1805
AIM: Sesshomaru010101,
MSN: LucasFauts@hotmail.com

EVENTS & SCHEDULE

Day 1

10–12pm
__________Registration and warm up
12pm
______________Brawl Doubles
2pm Melee Doubles
6pm Melee Singles
8pm
_______________Brawl Singles Pools
12am
______________Wrap-up/Friendlies/Melee Regional Crews/Brawl + Singles

Day 2

10am
11am_________Warm up
11am--7pm Brawl Singles
8pm
1030pm_________Brawl Regional Crews

DISCLAIMER:
PLEASE!!! understand that these times are approximate. There are a lot of unpredictable factors that throw off the timing for a tournament so don't rely so heavily on these times to be exact.

DATES

This is a two day tournament!

Saturday, May 9th and Sunday May 10th.

PRICE

Venue Fee: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per Team
Crews: $20 per Crew ( 4-5 people crews only )

Additional Information: The venue fee grants you access for both days, you only pay it once. Everyone at the venue is required to pay the venue fee regardless of who you are. You will not be able to enter if you don't pay it. When you enter the venue you will receive a badge, if you lose this badge you will have to pay the venue fee again (no exceptions!), consider this badge as your lifeline to being able to enter the venue and all events.

PAYOUT

Doubles
1st - 50% of the pot
2nd - 25% of the pot
3rd - 15% of the pot
4th - 10% of the pot

Singles
1st - 40% of the pot + $150 if over 150 people show
2nd - 25% of the pot
3rd - 15% of the pot
4th - 10% of the pot
5th - 4% X 2
7th - 1% x 2
(One for each person. Note that when the tourney is over there will be two people that tie for 5th and 7th place)

** This is based on 150-200 people turn out if its lower than that it will be paid to 5th **

Crews
TBD

RULES & REGULATION
Please arrive on time. If you are late, I cannot guarantee you a spot in whatever tourney you are late for!

• There are no refunds.
  • Whether you are in a tourney or not, if you are in the venue you must pay the venue fee.
  • Again, badges will be given to everyone who pays the venue fee, and will be checked every time you enter and leave the venue. (I'm sorry about being strict on this, but I need to make sure I collect all venue fees to pay for the venue)
  • If your wristband snaps/breaks/rips you can be issued a new one, we will have a backup list of everyone who has paid the venue fee.
  • DO NOT LOAD YOUR GAME THROUGH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL!!! If you are caught loading your game through the Homebrew channel without asking, you will be asked to leave. If you would like unlimited length replays enabled, I will use my own personal SD card to load the game (sorry I can't trust anyone without knowledge of what codes they have on).
  • Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
  • You are able to coach a player ONLY before and AFTER a match. It is annoying to tell them how to beat someone while they are in the match and is very unfair to the other player. If I see coaching you WILL be DQ'd!
  • Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
  • No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
  • You may not be a commentator on the live stream without first having consent by myself, or any other approved tourney helper there. If you are commentating on the live stream, please act professional. Focus more on the match at hand instead of giving people tons of shutouts in the chat. No cursing at all. Keep it lively and fun though, but it will be monitored for possible business relation opportunities with the ECRC2.
  • Other standard rules apply, don't be stupid, lets all have a hella good time.
  • WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING BEING STOLEN, PLEASE WATCH YOUR OWN STUFF!

BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES

Singles

• 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • No stalling or running away to purposely run out the time limit (running out minimal time is one thing, multiple minutes is just ridiculous)
  • If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You cannot quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
  • First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that cannot be used in counterpicks.
  • Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
  • You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages:
Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Lylat
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

• Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium(Melee)

1. Any infinite chain grabs must end after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  2. If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  3. Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  4. If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  5. If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
Doubles

Same standard rules and stages as singles.

Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.

• Stock sharing is allowed.
  • Team Attack is on.
Crews

• Each crew will have 20 stocks.
  • Each crew must be composed of 4 or 5 players.
  • In a 4 player crew, each player has 5 stocks. In a 5 player crew, each player has 4 stocks.
  • Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville
  • Counterpick Stages: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Brinstar, Battleship Halberd, Frigate Orpheon
  • At the beginning of the crew battle, each crew will select their starting player without knowledge of the other crew's starter. The first match will be on a random neutral stage.
  • At the start of every match, each player must suicide down to the amount of stocks they are supposed to have. If neither player needs to suicide at the beginning, they may start right away without waiting.
  • When a match is over, the winner stays and carries their stocks over to the next game. The loosing team chooses their next player and they have a choice of a random neutral stage, or a counterpick. If a counterpick stage is chosen, the defending player may change their character. If a random neutral is chosen, they may not switch their character.

MELEE SINGLES AND DOUBLES RULES

• Bring your own controllers
  • All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
  • All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
  • Items are off.

• If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.

• Wobbling is not allowed and results in an immediate loss of that match.

• You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.

• Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.

• Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.

• Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.

Singles neutral stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Singles counterpick stages:

Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Mute City
Brinstar
DK64
PokeFloats

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Doubles neutral stages:[FONT=&quot]

Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Yoshi's Story

[/FONT] Doubles counterpick stages:[FONT=&quot]

DK64
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise

[/FONT] Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Brinstar

Counterpick Rules

First round: blind character pick, each player bans any stage if need be (which sticks for the entire set), and a random stage (from neutral set) is chosen. No reset on random is allowed.

Following rounds: Loser chooses a stage, winner chooses character, looser chooses character.

You cannot choose a stage you have already won on, and no stage can be played twice in a row.

FEATURES

Here you go guys one CRAZY Overnight event BRAWL +!

Big Announcement

at Apex...

Saturday night...

JCaesar and Tantalus present:

Brawl+

Registration starts when singles pools end.

Entry: $5

Payouts:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Rules:
  • Singles only due to time (doubles if we get done quick and people are up for it)
  • 4 stock
  • 8 minutes
  • All the standard stuff that's in vanilla Brawl regarding counterpicking, controller ports, Ganon/Bowsercides, items, etc.
  • Custom character textures are legal, but either player may request to use normal textures if they prefer. All you have to do to disable custom textures is remove the SD card. Brawl+ will still work fine without it.

Stages:
The stage for the first match will be decided by stage strike among the neutrals. Players are allowed 1 ban for the set.

Neutrals:
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Wario Ware
Counterpicks:
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Halberd
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Brinstar
  • Castle Siege
  • Jungle Japes
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Norfair
  • Pictochat

Codeset:
The latest public nightly build release. I highly suggest that you read the entire changelist. All the info you need can be found here:
http://web.me.com/shane_mulligan/Bra...s/Welcome.html

TRAVELING INFORMATION

Bus + Train

There are three train stations close to the venue. The Princeton Junction and Princeton train stations are only 10 minutes away and easy to get to. You're going to have to call someone at the venue to come pick you up. They'll probably charge a low fee of like $2 for the ride. The Trenton train station is farther away, about 15 minutes, but you probably won't have to use this one. The hotel is on US Highway 1/Route 1 South. A lot of people miss it for some reason. They probably expect some huge building because it's a hotel. It's a two-story inn, beige and red in color, and it's right next to a Wendy's.

Airport

The Closest Airports at this time are Trenton Mercer Airport, Newark International Airport
, and Philadelphia Airport (Philadelphia International). Trenton Mercer is about 18 minutes from Princeton and Newark about 40-55 minutes from the venue. Philadelphia is about an hour away and is fairly cheap to come from. If you are coming from here please let us know in a PM or Aim 24/48 hours before you arrive so we can have someone pick you up and take you to the venue.

HOUSING
The following people b
elow are offering housing and have limited spots, please PM them in advance if you are interested in getting housed. More housing will be added on as the months pass!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226773 - this is the housing thread so post here if you want to board up with a few smashers.

Pools ( as of today )

CONTACT INFORMATION

Inui:

Phone: 732-829-1805
AIM: Sesshomaru010101
MSN: LucasFauts@hotmail.com

Alex Strife:

Phone: 646-842-0950
AIM: lightxdream

Hotel:

Phone: 609-452-2500

SET-UPS LIST

The Venue has a decent amount of tv's if anything we need Wii's more. If you can bring a full setup that is very much appreciated but if you can't then just help out with a Wii.

See the following thread for ALL set-up information:

WE NEED MORE WIIS AND TVS GUYS OUR GOAL IS 40!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226863 - this is setup thread post here IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SETUP. You will get your venue fee discounted based on what you bring.

GOAL

I have one goal and it is simple. My personal Goal is to create the biggest EC tournament for Brawl in the NYC area. I know we can do it and I know many MD/VA/NJ players can make this happen. I will do my best to help all of you get here so feel free to ask.

This is up to you NYC as well as NJ, show why we are the best states for smash and that we can rep. Remember
APEX!

Original format done by Crismas, further editing done by Silven. :)
LAST UPDATED: 4/21/2009

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
This looks great, I'll try to bring a setup (Brawl+Wii)
I can bring recording equipment too if you need.

Now post up our tournament lol, we can use that one as practice for this one.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
as i said before there is no excuse for this not to be huge. people have to put in the effort and come through.

i will have sigs made by the end of the day so everyone can help out.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm what they call a trooper. I bussed to Ottawa and slept in a random field 8 hours away from home to attend Canada's first big brawl tourney.

This is a way better deal, I get to travel on a nicer bus, and sleep at Alex's <3

Niko_K

Smash Master
Yo if you guys are coming I don't want to bus. Save a spot for me! Im sure alex would let us crash at his place...right alex? Or is there no room.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Awesome, yeah should have some designs soon for advertisement. Can't wait for this! :D

Niko I want to play you, never really got to before.

I think there should be a side Melee tournament too since it's two days, but that's just me. Maybe someone could help run that?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Cool, yeah I would def help with that too. I'll run it by Alex and see what happens. :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will do melee but my issue is ending each day at 10pm

if we have enough setups i would do it like 30+

richie137

Smash Cadet
Its me richard, I could be willing to help, I will bring Wii, Brawl, TV and any other games, for show, for anyone to play. Also, I will be willing to help in tourney, to announce matches, if any. Plus I think it will be the middle of spring break or pretty close to it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Its me richard, I could be willing to help, I will bring Wii, Brawl, TV and any other games, for show, for anyone to play. Also, I will be willing to help in tourney, to announce matches, if any. Plus I think it will be the middle of spring break or pretty close to it.

thanks rich but I think I will be fine if you just brought a Tv and wii/brawl I already have a group of ppl dedicated to doing the rest.

Hax

Smash Champion
niko k morelike bank account MM

pleaseeee please please play melee people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom