• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Board's Question & Answer Thread.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The Official Ganon Question & Answer Thread.

Section 1: Rules
Section 2: FAQ

Rules For Posting

1.) Post here if you have questions about where to find what on these boards or a question that relates to Ganon, and try to be as specific as you can.

2.) Before asking a question, scroll down to the frequently asked questions and read.

3.) Don't ask a question already asked.

4.) Do not "Flame", "Spam" or "Double Post".

5.) Please be as patient as you can to get the answer to your or other's asked question(s). Ganon players will try to answer your question(s) whenever he, or she gets time.

6.) Be polite.

7.) Do not trash talk about Ganon!

8.) Are there anymore rules for me to add?

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1.) Question: Is "Quake" already known?

OK fine fine, I'll explain why this move sucks since no one else wants to.

There are a few reasons why this move is bad. I'm going to explain them in no particular order.

First, let's discuss the difficulty and danger inherent to trying to spike someone in the way shown in the video. Spiking someone with an Aerial Gerudo depends on THEIR body position, not Ganon's. If the opponent is a little to far into the stage, it's a regular aerial Gerudo, slamming them into the ground. This is not a bad move at all, but this is not the move we're discussing. If the opponent is over or just beyond the ledge, you will spike them into a ledge grab. Again, not really a problem, but not good either. If the opponent's body is positioned JUST right, you will spike them. The margin of error here is basically nil, because if they're too close, you'll gerudo them into the stage or onto the ledge as mentioned above, but if they're just the TINIEST bit too far....you will die in a Ganoncide. This isn't bad if you're up a stock or have more damage than your opponent and want to level the playing field, but again, we're not discussing Ganoncides. Basically, you can f*ck yourself with this move incredibly easily.

If they airdodge and you don't react soon enough to DI back towards the stage, you might find yourself slowly fall-specialing (new word) to your sad, sad death. If you come up short and land on stage, you'll get punished due to Aerial Gerudo's gross landing lag.

Look, I'm not going to chastise you for posting something that you believed to be new and helpful, but I have to wonder about how well you thought this through before posting it. I don't know anything about you, obviously, nor your Ganon playstyle, but it seems to me like anyone who plays Ganon would have been able to figure out how bad/dangerous this move was without even trying it out. I mean...your opponent is entirely in control of how this move will end up (Spike, Slam, or Ledgegrab). These type of high-risk low-reward techniques are hardly what Ganon needs to advance his game.

4.) Question: What does "buffering" and "reverse buffering" mean?

Answer:
I'm assuming that you've checked out the Gerudo follow-up chart. Some characters will be hit on only certain directions of DI or on the get up attack. There's a chance that your opponent is DIing in a direction which allows the Dtilt to connect. You wouldn't really know it, though. Another possibility is that they are not inputting anything as soon as they're able to. If the opponent is just chillin on the ground for a few frames before they do anything, your Dtilt could connect. There are probably other scenarios in which it would connect, also.
Sometimes you might be pressing Dtilt to early, this causes the crouch animation, or what DAD said.

6.) Question: What can you do after flame choke?

Answer:
Read Swoop's stickied guide and you will find a list of the guaranteed followups. The true answer? Jab the big guys. Buffer D-tilt on the mid weights (hold the control stick down lightly and press A). You can do Jab, D-tilt, and F-tilt on the really light guys.

7.) Question: Can Ganon grab chain?

Answer: No Ganon can NOT grab chain.

8.) Question: Can you thunderstrom with a wi remote?

Answer: Yes you can. You can use the default jump button to shorthop while holding down and pressing A. Alternatively you can set down on the d-pad to jump. Hold down on the control stick and slide your thumb from ↓ to (A).

9.) Question: How many options does Ganon have out of gerudo?

Answer: Ganon has a overall of 5 options out of gerudo, all of them don't work on every character. FTilt, DTilt, Jab, UAir (on platforms), dash attack.

We have a new option if we choke an opponent who is on a platform. Immediately after the choke, drop down and Uair. The timing is quite strict, for some characters you need to do it perfectly, but it is guaranteed and it hits all characters.... except one. The Dark Lord apparently knew about this before we did, so he prepared for it. There are usually better options than this, such as dropping down and chasing with a Dair, but this is good if your opponent is already at 120% or higher and you need a guaranteed kill.

All the proof needed

Credits:
Me, for discovering this.
pure_awesome, for finding out what characters it works on and making vids.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok here we go..

When Gerudo -> instant DA..
Can I perform the input (Dash>Cdown) before Ganon is even finished with his gerudo animation, like with
Jab/Dtilt/Ftilt?

Or must I wait until his gerudo stance is finished before i press Cdown?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Kalm, that quote of me would be a response to a question about ledge slam/spiking or whatever, not quake. I have since retracted my opinion of the slam as it's ranted about above. I found that there's a safe distance to stand from the edge so that you don't over shoot and fall special SD if the move doesn't connect, so I now endorse the move. :)

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
In Ganon dittos, I use the murder quake. I find it really useful for some reason. I just use Flame Choke>Quake to send them into the sky.

Blad01

Smash Lord
This sort of thread is really useless... I don't blame you Ray_Kalm, but these threads in general. Swoops' guide should be the G&A thread... He could maybe incorporate your "Frequently asked questions" in it.

But besides that, this thread is going to turn into a 50 pages thing, where people only read the last page, and ask the same question over and over.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kalm, that quote of me would be a response to a question about ledge slam/spiking or whatever, not quake. I have since retracted my opinion of the slam as it's ranted about above. I found that there's a safe distance to stand from the edge so that you don't over shoot and fall special SD if the move doesn't connect, so I now endorse the move. :)
My bad, I was in a rush while doing this <_<.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ok here we go..

When Gerudo -> instant DA..
Can I perform the input (Dash>Cdown) before Ganon is even finished with his gerudo animation, like with
Jab/Dtilt/Ftilt?

Or must I wait until his gerudo stance is finished before i press Cdown?
You must wait till the gerudo animation is over, performing the input before the animation will just cause Ganon to not do anything. It takes precise timing, very similar to F-Tilt after gerudo.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
I notice that sometimes I hit some characters with dtilt out of gerudo who are not regularly hit by it. What dictates whether or not they will be hit? It seems as though it depends on what your opponent is buffering during knock down.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that you've checked out the Gerudo follow-up chart. Some characters will be hit on only certain directions of DI or on the get up attack. There's a chance that your opponent is DIing in a direction which allows the Dtilt to connect. You wouldn't really know it, though. Another possibility is that they are not inputting anything as soon as they're able to. If the opponent is just chillin on the ground for a few frames before they do anything, your Dtilt could connect. There are probably other scenarios in which it would connect, also.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I notice that sometimes I hit some characters with dtilt out of gerudo who are not regularly hit by it. What dictates whether or not they will be hit? It seems as though it depends on what your opponent is buffering during knock down.
Sometimes you might be pressing Dtilt to early, this causes the crouch animation, or what DAD said.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
How do you play against a Samus without CP'ing another character? That way when I choose Random, and get Ganon vs my friends Samus, I'm not jv 3 stocked.

(This matchup is seriously 100:0 Samus favor........missile cancelling + zairs makes approaching impossible....)

Exactly how good is Kalm? He got this nice comment on a vid I posted (the only vs Ganon of yours I could get :/ we need to brawl again so you can **** me and I can host that...)

"Wow... this "Ray Kalm' seems to be a total noob.

You should find some better opponents."

(search youtube for "Havok (IC) vs Ray Kalm (Ganon) ) and its the most recent comment

I responded to that comment with:
"Did you seriously just dis Kalm?

He has got to see this.... lmao....

Me and him go even, this just happened to be the only match I could record, he beat me the best 3/5. lol"

hence this useless post.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
How do you play against a Samus without CP'ing another character? That way when I choose Random, and get Ganon vs my friends Samus, I'm not jv 3 stocked.

(This matchup is seriously 100:0 Samus favor........missile cancelling + zairs makes approaching impossible....)

Exactly how good is Kalm? He got this nice comment on a vid I posted (the only vs Ganon of yours I could get :/ we need to brawl again so you can **** me and I can host that...)

"Wow... this "Ray Kalm' seems to be a total noob.

You should find some better opponents."

(search youtube for "Havok (IC) vs Ray Kalm (Ganon) ) and its the most recent comment

I responded to that comment with:
"Did you seriously just dis Kalm?

He has got to see this.... lmao....

Me and him go even, this just happened to be the only match I could record, he beat me the best 3/5. lol"

hence this useless post.
... <_<

You should search "Havokk" Vs "Kalm" on youtube, tomorrow..

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You must wait till the gerudo animation is over
Ok thx ...
________
About Gerudo -> Dtilt
I find it easier to connect if I tilt the control stick just slightly down rather than fully down when pressing A.

TP

Smash Master
About Gerudo -> Dtilt
I find it easier to connect if I tilt the control stick just slightly down rather than fully down when pressing A.[/QUOTE]
It comes out quicker if you skip the crouch animation, which is why you are correct. Personally, I set my C-Stick to attack. It makes everything much easier at the expense of SS Fsmash, which I rarely use anyway. But that's just me.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
About Gerudo -> Dtilt
I find it easier to connect if I tilt the control stick just slightly down rather than fully down when pressing A.
It comes out quicker if you skip the crouch animation, which is why you are correct. Personally, I set my C-Stick to attack. It makes everything much easier at the expense of SS Fsmash, which I rarely use anyway. But that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I A-sticked a while ago. I found it pointless, especially when it keeps wrecking your buffers (or reverse buffers), your DI inputs, and the cancelation of stutter-step. Only thing good about it is "easier to connect" follow ups after gerudo.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
1. Ganon Dtilt Vs Snake Ftilt?
2. Ganon Fair Vs Snake Ftilt?
3. Ganon Fair Vs Snake Utilt?
4. And... Ganon Dair Vs Snake Utilt?

:034:

Smash Hero
Ganon Dtilt > Snake Ftilt, no joke. The rest, I dunno... For Utilt, you need to hit it with dair at a specific angle.

TP

Smash Master
I A-sticked a while ago. I found it pointless, especially when it keeps wrecking your buffers (or reverse buffers), your DI inputs, and the cancelation of stutter-step. Only thing good about it is "easier to connect" follow ups after gerudo.
I have noticed that it affects more things than it should. A-sticking should make no difference if you don't touch the stick, but that actually isn't the case based on my experience. I think I will go back to c-sticking because I rarely ever Dtilt after a choke anyway. My patented walk-away-Fsmash is why I did as good as I did in the tourney yesterday. It won me a set.:)

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I play Ganon sometimes and i was wondering, is it ever useful to use U-Tilt? I never really found it useful because he holds it for so long.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I got a cool question..
If you crush your opponents shield when he's at like 0%, What do you do?

I think it's a waste to use WP if it can't kill.

"Murder combo" ?

stRIP

Smash Ace
I got a cool question..
If you crush your opponents shield when he's at like 0%, What do you do?

I think it's a waste to use WP if it can't kill.

"Murder combo" ?
If u have luck and he is a heavyweight and has 0% dmg and u crush your opponents shield, (0% shieldbreak i lold :D) you could to a bouncing combo

And if u want to use warlock punch, but you are sure it wouldnt kill him, do reverse Warlock Punch (35%) :D

edit: Z1GMA come to the ganondorf chat pls http://xat.com/Ganondorf_Brawlers maybe we should do some mirrors x)

TP

Smash Master
If your opponent's shield breaks, and you are very confident in your abilities, the best option is double jump airdodge Flight of Ganon reverse midair Warlock Punch. It does 39% and kills Mario from the middle of FD at 6 or 7%. Ya can't beat that. If you screw up once, which you will if you haven't practiced, you'll not have enough time.

:034:

Smash Hero
You're wrong, Twilight.

The most obvious answer is of course...

Dash dance to double jump airdodge Flight of Ganon double reverse mid-air Warlock Punch.

If done correctly, you will use .001% of Ganondorf's true power, which will blast the enemy through the space-time continuum.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, you can jump off the stage and respawn. During the invincibilty you might have a chance to get a hit in.

Seriously though, I have no idea how to approach Olimar with Ganon. You might have to stay away and just kill pikmin with your aerials until he goes in to punish you. During that time, you might be able to hit him with a murder choke, dtilt, or somethin. From there, Olimar is useless from below.

Top Bottom