• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ReFormation of the Smash Back Room (Brawl)

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
So as many of you are aware the Smash Back Room produces some of the most popular and influential content here on SWF. From the Tier list, to the Weekly Character Discussions, to SBR Rule-set.

From the beginning the room was supposed to be only the best and brightest minds. The people that understand the game at a very high level.

Well with taking over management duties here on SWF this room was one of my major priorities. There is a lot of content that comes out of there that the general community looks up to and puts a lot of faith into. I want that room and its members to merit that, reflect that. Throughout the years the list of members in the SBR had grown and grown. We had previously let all mods in (and while these guys do a great great job around SWF and their contributions are very much appreciated they may not be the best people to be voting on Tier lists). There were a lot of people who were very instrumental in the Melee scene that had either drifted away from the community period or just did not get into brawl like some of their peers.

So long story short, I really really want you guys to know that if a piece of content comes from there you can be confident it really is some of the most intelligent and educated stuff out there. Because of this we did a massive purge of the room. Close to 100 members were removed, that was over 3/4 of the room itself.

In the future we will be diligent about removing members who are not at the peak of competitive brawl knowledge, game theory, and are tournament seasoned. We will also be more active in admitting new members and releasing new tier lists/rule-sets and expect more activity out of the members in there.

January 5th, June 5th- New Tier List

January TBD, June 5th- New SBR Recommended Ruleset

April 1st, August 1st, December 1st- New SBR-Brawl Member Admissions. (This means from now you have about 4 months to pad your resume and get your application in *no one will be admitted without applying*)

The new leadership team represent a geographical diverse group as well some very smart (and maybe opinionated sometimes haha) brawl individuals that I have a lot of confidence in. AlphaZealot, Marc, Hylian, and Overswarm. If you have any questions or thoughts I encourage you to communicate with these guys.

Oh and members of the smash community rock, have a good holiday all.

Alopex

Smash Ace
So what's the status on the ones that recently applied? Will it now take longer to get their application processed?

EDIT: First. Because this is teh intarwebz.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
So what's the status on the ones that recently applied? Will it now take longer to get their application processed?
After the reformation (about 2 weeks ago) we let in a new group in at that point. Anyone that did not get in (we only let in so many members per admission) or that has since applied will have their application revisited come April.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm... so much for my admittance application from this past October, oh well, I guess come April I'll have to submit again won't I.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I like where this is going.

This is also explains why there are so many new mods, lol.

:093:

Frames

DI
k so i saw the MBR recently pop up and it says viewable by all but there's no threads or anything yet, is this just something that has yet to be enabled so that other people can start posting in it

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I like where this is going.

This is also explains why there are so many new mods, lol.

lol I realized that too, I think you're right

And I actually just asked when a new tier list would be made. Its nice to know there will be a new one soon

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Tenki should be in the SWF. Just look up his serious posts, FILLED WITH INFO!
Rooting for sonic mains

Browny

Smash Hater
internets truly is serious business

new mods are doing an awesome job. especially hylian, purging the sonic boards of stupid threads every time one pops up :)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Great effort with everything JV. It's nice that you're going ahead and putting a lot of effort into getting the Smash community starting off strong with this. I think it's really good that you've gone ahead and made the SBR a more active place than it already was (removing inactives, strict timeframes, etc...). I'm looking forward to how it all turns out. Hopefully I can help in some way!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Great effort with everything JV. It's nice that you're going ahead and putting a lot of effort into getting the Smash community starting off strong with this. I think it's really good that you've gone ahead and made the SBR a more active place than it already was (removing inactives, strict timeframes, etc...). I'm looking forward to how it all turns out. Hopefully I can help in some way!
You should be in Xiivi, did you apply last time?

I think the timeframes, purges, etc are pretty cool too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
internets truly is serious business

new mods are doing an awesome job. especially hylian, purging the sonic boards of stupid threads every time one pops up :)
Thanks :). Sadly I've gotten more negative feedback then otherwise haha.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Tenki should be in the SWF. Just look up his serious posts, FILLED WITH INFO!
Rooting for sonic mains
Seconded. He's made a lot of really helpful threads on the Sonic boards and he's really good at communicating with people. And most importantly, when he doesn't know something he asks!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You should be in Xiivi, did you apply last time?
Yes, I put in an application. I didn't get accepted though. From what I've seen Anther, Le_Thien, Percon, Dojo., ChiboSempai, Vyse, Sliq, and Sethlon were the only ones accepted. The acceptions make a lot of sense, so I don't mind not being accepted. I'll try next time of course. If I don't get in then, then I probably won't apply again though.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yes, I put in an application. I didn't get accepted though. From what I've seen Anther, Le_Thien, Percon, Dojo., ChiboSempai, Vyse, Sliq, and Sethlon were the only ones accepted. The acceptions make a lot of sense, so I don't mind not being accepted. I'll try next time of course. If I don't get in then, then I probably won't apply again though.
Yeah I saw all those guys got in. They all deserved it, but you do too, good luck!

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Finally, a new tier list without stupid bias that is actually updated. So much has been discovered about the cast recently and it is a shame that no one has put any work into interpreting a new tier list. I'm glad people are starting to get things done now.

And MLG JV, now that we will have competent SBR members, will there be a new SBR votes concerning the ban of Metaknight, etc?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Seconded. He's made a lot of really helpful threads on the Sonic boards and he's really good at communicating with people. And most importantly, when he doesn't know something he asks!
This thread isn't for nominating people you want in the SBR-B. Don't spam it please.
Just because we don't accept someone the first time the apply doesn't mean they won't ever be accepted. We just happened to be looking for specific qualities in a lot of the people we were looking to let in. Only so many people get in at a time so don't be discouraged.

Zylar

Smash Ace
WOW, that was a lot of members taken out.

I'm sooooo anxious about the next tier list. *glaringly stares at MK*

Is there anything more short term coming that we can expect, or is that about as much as it gets?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, other than giving me the BANhammer, I think you're a pretty fly-guy... hehe... fly...guy...*cough* moving on...

Where can I apply, I know I won't get accepted but it doesn't hurt to try I guess, what do I have to lose?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We'll address things as they seem important, Flamingo. Even if there was 100% support for banning MK right now, it is the winter season. Smash tournaments are at an all time low and traveling is even lower; evidence that is cross-regional and relevant is extremely sparse. This would make a competent decision on the subject difficult.

We'll do our best to get things out on time, but know that we will release things when they are ready and not before.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Really? It was a little weird at first actually having our board MONITORED but you're doing your job quite well.

I like how Sonics seemed to have attacked this thread at SONIC SPEED! Good stuff. ^_^

The question remains at why we still need a Melee BR? I realize there is still plenty of discussion but at this point the competitive focus seems to be on Brawl. Do the best and brightest of Melee REALLY need to hide in the BR to avoid flames/whatever reason you hide the BRoom at this point? Just seems the Melee BRoom has fulfilled it's purpose at this point.

MLG_JV said:
Oh and members of the smash community rock, have a good holiday all.
You too man.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sonic mains are in every thread. Everywhere, everytime.

I wish they added a second sonic character so the two mains entourages could battle it out and cause the mods more heartache... or something.

Oh, and relating to this topic; I was aware of the split and was happy to hear that the potentially large amount of potentially pessimistic people were the dominant force in structuring the competitive ruleset of a game they don't like/play.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is... impressive.

Makes me mildly suspicious. Like hearing a politician actually doing what he promises. >__>

Good. I like it. Nice to hear the SBR is being real with us "have-nots" now. :bee:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sonic mains are in every thread. Everywhere, everytime.

I wish they added a second sonic character so the two mains entourages could battle it out and cause the mods more heartache... or something.
I'd play both. ^_^

I RARELY venture out of the Sonic boards.

.....we're pretty hated aren't we? XD

Top Bottom