• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About POKESAV.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
For those of you that do NOT know about it, "Pokésav is a Windows application that can edit (“hack") Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum save files. Any aspect of the save files can be changed, including Pokémon (and their movesets) as well as items. Pokésav can also generate Action Replay DS codes to provide the same effects as editing the save file directly."

"Pokésav can save hours of tedious training. For example, instead of having to breed a Pokémon and train it all the way to level 100, with Pokésav you can instantly create a Pokémon of any species, level, or moveset. It is also possible to use Pokésav to edit other aspects of the game such as the items and mystery gifts."

Is this against the rules to use in competitive play (is it cheating)?

"The rules vary from league to league, however it’s impossible to be caught by creating only legit looking Pokémon: hacked Pokémon that can’t be differentiated from authentic Pokémon. In most leagues, however, use of a save editor is considered cheating. If you are not careful, you could get disqualified from a competition. :(

Being careful means keeping within the acceptable boundaries of the game, and not creating teams that are too outlandish (all shiny, 31 IVs for everything, etc.). It also helps greatly (whenever possible) to create hatched Pokémon instead of wild Pokémon, and to make very few edits to legitimate Pokémon. To be safe, don't change the IVs, hidden values, nature, gender, shininess, class, or ability." :)

Using this legit checker you can make sure your pokemon are seen as legit by the game. It even tells your if Trash Bits are correct.

Don't think of it as cheating (because it isn't)! Just think of it as a "Time Saver"! Think "Shoddy Battle on DS"!

If you need a Pokemon or two Pokesav'd then I ( and hopefully others ) may be able to help you out once in a while by creating them, then trading them over to you, or by answering any questions about anything. :bee:

Note that I (and hopefully any one else) will NEVER hack illegal pokemon. That means no Spiritomb with Wonderguard, No Illegal movesets, No impossible to get stats, etc. Pokesav is meant to save time training, so you can get to battling and advance your skills. :)

Everything can be found here: http://projectpokemon.org/

Hope you found this helpful.

-Anthony-

Edit:

The Action Replay DS will NOT work with a Nintendo DSi :( You must find someone with a DS Lite/DS to use it, or wait for Action Replay DSi to come out.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Friend of Skyler's, eh? I will look into this Pokesav if need be.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Friend of Skyler's, eh? I will look into this Pokesav if need be.
You should. Imagine making an entire team in just a few miniutes ( not years ). :laugh:

Yeah I Play smash with Skyler, and 3 stock his Mario in 2 miniutes by gimping it with Ivysaur :laugh: :laugh:

(Truestorybutslightlyinsultive)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
What are you talking about? You only gimped me twice with your stupid Ivysaur. I edgehogged you like five times. Mariowned!

Anyway, I'll look into the POKESAV thing. It might convince me to use my DS for more than TWEWY and Superstar Ultra.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
CRAP, I keep forgetting to send u the stuff for my team...
Like skyler said, took you long enough;)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Pokesav makes me sick. Seriously where's the fun of pokemon if you just you Pokesav? Its another item to my list of "Things i hate about Video games" With Action Replay and Gameshark.

EDIT: You won't advance your skills either. If you just modify a pokemon stats and such your not advancing your skills at all. Really Pokesav is more of a time waster than E.V training it self.

Niiro

Smash Ace
If you use Pokesav, then just play Shoddy. Shoddy> Wifi only because it shows you the damage%. Other than that, Wifi is cool because of the animations.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
lol at everybody saying POKESAV ruins pokemon...

POKESAV takes away the one thing I hate about the game: EV training my pokes so that they will kick ***. I don't like spending hours of tedius training just to raise one pokemon. This allows me to go straight to the fun part -- the actual battling (It's a shock, I know!).

POKESAV > Actual training.

Darkslash

Smash Master
But seriously where's the fun in that? If you know you trained your pokemon to its fullest potential and you kick *** with it it makes you feel awesome. But with a cheat deviece i assume it will make you meh. You kicked the guy's *** but with what? Hacked Pokemon.

Call me old fashioned, but I may be one of the few who say no to cheating devices. In game cheats that uses console commands i'm okay with but using 3rd party products just makes me feel sick and guilty.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why would it make me feel meh? I still beat somebody with my Pokemon. Just because I didn't waste hours training them doesn't make them any less awesome when I win.

Anyway, this debate is pointless. If you want to waste hours of your life EV training a full team, whereas I'll just POKESAV mine and get it in about fifteen minutes and jump right into the action, go ahead.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Why would it make me feel meh? I still beat somebody with my Pokemon. Just because I didn't waste hours training them doesn't make them any less awesome when I win.

Anyway, this debate is pointless. If you want to waste hours of your life EV training a full team, whereas I'll just POKESAV mine and get it in about fifteen minutes and jump right into the action, go ahead
Fine....lets agree to that. If it makes you happy i own a R4...there. Hypocrites at it's best?
These. :laugh:

Im SO glad that didn't take 500 posts to end.

Like it or not, If you ever need help with the Program or need something Created, then just ask. ;)

Oh and "Roi is my boi",

Skyler and I are good friends. I was only joking, not bragging. >_>

Skyler, we need to get some vid proof up in here! :laugh:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I would like to see a id of skyler losing:)

don't want to start an argument again but why do SOME people (not you guys) feel SOOOOOOOO strongly about NOT using any modifiers in their ENTIRE lives?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a id of skyler losing:)

don't want to start an argument again but why do SOME people (not you guys) feel SOOOOOOOO strongly about NOT using any modifiers in their ENTIRE lives?
You kinda are throwing gasoline into a smoldering fire by saying that :(

I guess the feeling of self satisfaction. Knowing that they put their sweat and blood into breeding forever and EV training. Knowing that they play the game the way it was MEANT to be played. :)

But last time I checked, honor does not factor into your odds of winning, so I really don't give a **** if I raised them or not. It saves time. But hey, thats just me :laugh: If you want to raise them yourself then go right ahead. It's not like a SAV'd team will always win against a Raised team. SAVers lose to Trainers all the time. ;)

Niiro

Smash Ace
Lol, what the point of using Pokesav, when it basically just Shoddy for Wifi?
Srsly.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I use pokesav whenever I'm playing my friends and cousins (I let them use it to). Seriously, I do not want to spend hours getting the correct nature, amount of IV's and EV's. Then over that, I have to train that lvl 1 to a higher lvl if I ever want to use it in game or against a friend.

Pokesav= life saver of lazy/semi-lazy people. Even people with patience don't want to sit for hours.

-:bowser:Bowser King

D

Deleted member

Is it cheating? Oh yes. Can you be caught? Oh yes. Do you know how to circumvent being caught, well, let's give it a shot.

Let's say that to avoid being caught, you assign a legal PID (maybe) and you can somehow assign the proper trash bits to the poke that you're hacking (lol), you can still be caught by Nintendo now based on how their new tracking system works. When you use AR, which Pokesav requires, you have to at some point delete a part of your save file so that Pokesav can overwrite it. This stays on your cart and CAN be traced. In effect, if Nintendo checks you, you will be caught.

I have a a copy of Nintendo's legitimacy checker on my computer and I can tell you first hand that anything that comes out of Pokesav will NOT pass. 100% of the time.

Is it the better route to go to save time? Obviously, the performance of hacked pokes and the normal pokes is limited to the game's boundaries, so yeah it will save you time. Unless you don't want to get caught.

And honor does factor into your odds of winning. If your opponent punches you in the face midmatch and you cannot complete your match due to incapacitation, you cannot win. I know a few people who have lost in such a manner for not using honor.

edit: the 31/31/31/28/31/31 Adamant Beldum I'm putting up for 1st prize of the tournament is not hacked in any way, if that gives you guys any incentive to win.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
*reminds himself never to trade with anyone on this thread*
I actually never trade hacked pokes. Even in the GTS when they ask for stupid deals (they really aren't deserving if they offer you something like a hoothoot for a groudon).

I only pokesav to have battles with my friends. Not for any tourneys (If I were to ever go to a real life poke tourney I'd bring my pearl, which is completely clean :D).

-:bowser:Bowser King

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay. I don't normally go to Nintendo sponsored tournaments (mostly because I live in mexico El Paso where nothing happens. I have more fun just playing with friends, and if I want to test a team on them, I don't want to waste hours training a new team.

And even if I did go to a Nintendo sponsored event, I could prove that all the Pokes I had have stats that are possible to obtain in-game. Sure they could still kick me out because 'its unfair to everybody else blah blah blah' but they'd look stupid doing it. That'd be entertainment enough for me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i like pokesav

i use shoddy to build teams and modify them quickly finding the best one for me, then i can take it to actual diamond or pearl and play with good graphics and on the official engine
there should be a plugin for shoddy that uses pokesav so it can automatically output a code to use on ds to have the team u use in shoddy

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Is it cheating? Oh yes. Can you be caught? Oh yes. Do you know how to circumvent being caught, well, let's give it a shot.

Let's say that to avoid being caught, you assign a legal PID (maybe) and you can somehow assign the proper trash bits to the poke that you're hacking (lol), you can still be caught by Nintendo now based on how their new tracking system works. When you use AR, which Pokesav requires, you have to at some point delete a part of your save file so that Pokesav can overwrite it. This stays on your cart and CAN be traced. In effect, if Nintendo checks you, you will be caught.

I have a a copy of Nintendo's legitimacy checker on my computer and I can tell you first hand that anything that comes out of Pokesav will NOT pass. 100% of the time.

Is it the better route to go to save time? Obviously, the performance of hacked pokes and the normal pokes is limited to the game's boundaries, so yeah it will save you time. Unless you don't want to get caught.

And honor does factor into your odds of winning. If your opponent punches you in the face midmatch and you cannot complete your match due to incapacitation, you cannot win. I know a few people who have lost in such a manner for not using honor.

edit: the 31/31/31/28/31/31 Adamant Beldum I'm putting up for 1st prize of the tournament is not hacked in any way, if that gives you guys any incentive to win.
Okay. I don't normally go to Nintendo sponsored tournaments (mostly because I live in mexico El Paso where nothing happens. I have more fun just playing with friends, and if I want to test a team on them, I don't want to waste hours training a new team.

And even if I did go to a Nintendo sponsored event, I could prove that all the Pokes I had have stats that are possible to obtain in-game. Sure they could still kick me out because 'its unfair to everybody else blah blah blah' but they'd look stupid doing it. That'd be entertainment enough for me.

True. Nintendo sponsered Pokemon tournaments really aren't as awesome as Non-Nintendo tourneys IMHO. Such strict legitimacy checkers are rarely, if ever, used outside of Official Tournaments. You really didn't explain how it is "cheating" (outside of Nintendo tourneys)

Oh and rofl at the Honor example :laugh:

D

Deleted member

What other DS tournaments are there though where max stats would even matter?

WouW

Smash Lord
the pokesav is incorrectly , if you want a pokemons do theme , don't use pokesav
Aside from that is extremely hard to find out what the hell you're attempting to tell us here, you are just pissing PokeSAV off for no apparent reason aside from the fact that you're likely some moron who doesn't know his stuff. Also, I do not in any way see how "the" PokeSAV is incorrect as it isn't in any way, and therefore your opinion isn't just shown in a way screaming "I has me zero IQ!1!1", but it is completely wrong as well.

Lastly, I do not get what the hell 'if you want a pokemons do theme' is supposed to mean.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
i dont think using pokesav to make a perfect team and then battleing with it is ok. i don´t mind getting pokemon with perfect ivs trading them to another game and then breeding and ev training the hatched pokemon. it seems more legit that way as it would still take some time and effert.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
i dont think using pokesav to make a perfect team and then battleing with it is ok. i don´t mind getting pokemon with perfect ivs trading them to another game and then breeding and ev training the hatched pokemon. it seems more legit that way as it would still take some time and effert.

*sigh*

I am not going to say it again. I battle competitively. When you battle competitively, NO ONE CARES how you got the team, just that it remains within legal boundries of the game. Thats it.

You can say that you think PokeSAV is wrong, but a lot of us just don't have the time to put forth to create our dream teams. We want to get to what we feel is the BEST part of the game:

Battling!

Niiro

Smash Ace
Wut the guy above me said!!! This is not the anime, it's not about building trust and **** with your pokemon, it seriously is all about the battling LOL.

Dark Norfair 136

Smash Rookie
Yeah... if you want to spend like 400 hours making ONE team be my guest, but some of us dont have the time to do it the long way, and its better to have quick variation in pokemon to switch your teams, than spending all that time to make one ideal pokemon

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
im not saying its wrong im just saying that it feels better when i win with a team i spent hours on.

well for an example i get more gratification when i work and save up for something then if someone would have given me it. its the same with pokemon teams. instant gratification is great but working to get that gratification feels better at the end. thats just my opinion though.

Top Bottom