• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return to Gamelon: Sonic the Baron's MYM4 SM

LSDX

Wah!
...Why!?

Never mesh video game characters and cartoon characters together in the same story, it makes for confusing plot outlines and doesn't make the overall story look worth reading. And as for Gamelon, +1 kudos for YTP reference.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Great prologue, StB. I am looking forward to it.

...Why!?

Never mesh video game characters and cartoon characters together in the same story, it makes for confusing plot outlines and doesn't make the overall story look worth reading. And as for Gamelon, +1 kudos for YTP reference.
Please don't tell me you are that stupid.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently typing up the first full chapter. Expect it to be several times longer than the prologue. :grin:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Kudos for putting in such a hilarious boss as TGMP. Since you are have THE GREAT MIGHTY POO as a boss, I wish someone would do Conker as a moveset. I loved Bad Fur Day SOOOOOOO much.

LSDX

Wah!
Sorry for the misinterpretation, I believed it was a random story just being posted. If I knew it was for MYM, I would have refrained from my comment.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'm liking how you made use of the King's quotes, and as far as seriousness goes I'm quite fond of what you've done with Ganondorf and how you've seemingly made someone posses him. Tabuu perhaps? K&K's presence are welcome even if it is a minor underdetailed role, and I liked how you included Apollo even if he technically wasn't seen on camera.

But. . .How did Nack stay in jail for a whole year and then just decides to bust out when Aladdin shows up? Feels a tad bit random. . .Ah well. The various parts could perhaps do with more relevance to each other, but it's too early to really tell that yet. A great start, Baron.

Oh, and I LOVE your new location.

D

Deleted member

Nack isn't strong enough or smart enough to break out on his own.

And thanks. :)

D

Deleted member

Yes, TWILTY. Not quite right away, however. You might have to wait until about Chapter 4. :ohwell:

Since I feel giving a sneak preview, here's a list of characters that will be introduced in Chapter 2:

• Donkey Kong
  • King K.Rool
  • Breloom
  • Snorlax
  • The Joker
  • Tails Doll
  • Doggy & Bear
  • YouTube Toilet
  • Guntz
  • Mach Rider
  • Captain Falcon
  • Metal Sonic
  • Cortex & Tiny
  • Apollo Justice

Agi

Smash Lord
*moved from dead thread*

Ingenious use of Harkinian's quotes. I'll be looking forward to more chapters that he appears in :laugh:

I have a feeling that Dexter is going to win his suit... remember, Mendez has an arena worked out for a courtroom in his Pheonix Wright moveset, in case this gets violent.

A_man13

Smash Master
The only unusual occurrence is Ozzy Osbourne driving Thomas the Tank Engine.
All aboard! *evil laugh*

Anyways, cool plot. Normally I don't like seeing cartoon relms and video games mesh (Good cartoons do not equal good video games and vice versa), but everything is generally incorperated well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
@ A_Man13: This is to represent a bunch of movesets people made in a topic called "Make your move". Anybody is viable.

I love the justice you did to the DK country cartoon. You taking direct dialogue from K. Rool/Klump and Krusha made it all the sweeter. DK going to Candy's for bana cream pie then finding Diddy with a bib is also priceless.

I agree with Agi on the ingenious use of the King's quotes. How much you abused the King's obsession with dinner won me over. Excellent job.

The Joker being paired up with Tails Doll is also completely brilliant, and you had some of his humurous informal criminal nature in there.

And we'll just have to see how the court trial plays out in chapter 3. . .Tiny needs to disrupt court with his stupidity for comic relief.

D

Deleted member

The court trial is certainly going to end in chaos: The last two levels of Chapter 3 are both going to be battles taking place in the courtroom, including the SSE's first true boss battle.

D

Deleted member

1. The boss battle isn't going to be particularly epic. It's a fairly basic and generic boss battle.

2. Tiny won't have a major role in this Chapter. Heck, I'm not sure what he will do in this chapter.

Note to self: Research Crash series

And here's the list of introductions in this chapter, at this point:

• Electrode
  • King Dedede
  • Jafar
  • Princess Peach
  • Link
  • Super Star Helpers
  • Kirby
  • Mega Man
  • Snake
  • Pikachu

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You captured Tiny's stupidity perfectly. Tiny using YTT as a real toilet in the middle of everyone's viewing displeasure was brilliant.

Tiny gets a revelation, he needs to take a whizz.

You don't really need to research the Crash series any more then you have. Tiny's just a ******** muscle head which you've already captured, and Cortex is the generic mad scientist. Good work.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Looking good so far. Harakin and his dinner was epic, and of course I enjoyed seeing one of my own characters be a boss fight.

D

Deleted member

Yes, he is. He appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic the Fighters, from the top of my head. He can also be referred to as Fang.

Anyway, don't expect Chapter 4 to be up until UK and Canada's Boxing Day. Tomorrow, I'll be busy working on Hobo Santa, while on the 24 and 25, I'll be stuck with some relatives.

• Dr. Robotnik
  • The Penguin
  • Sakurai
  • Luigi
  • Meta Knight
  • Olimar
  • Toon Link
  • Hobo Santa (Possible)

Smady

Smash Master
This SSE is pretty funny, the characters King H and YTT especially. I like how you deviated from the SSE with dialogue and detailed locales, although I'm not sure I agree with your skipping over of sections / battles. Will read chapter four and so on. :)

D

Deleted member

Chapter 4 is officially ready to read.

Newcomers in Chapter 5:

• Bone Cousins
  • Charley's Ghost
  • The Raptors
  • Werehog Sonic
  • Wolf Link & Midna

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the platforming levels are becoming a problem...

And TBH, Jafar's role isn't that much at the moment, although I getting ideas for the next few chapters as we speak.

Overall, I felt this was my weakest chapter, and I'm starting to worry about Chapter 5, which takes place completely in the Lost Realm. :(

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
You don't have to write up much for the level descriptions, just try to specialize them for the characters.

An obvious example is making a level let Mach Rider use his speed or having a level make use of a character's excellent recovery.

The best part of that chapter IMO, removing my Kremling bias, is still Klump and Krusha reporting to K. Rool. I love how you ripped the conversation directly from the show, and it was even the conversation in the famous youtube poop.

D

Deleted member

Chapter 5 is up, taking place in the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as the Lost Realm.

Smady

Smash Master
I read this and forgot to comment. Good chapter - Sakurai and King H' make a perfect comedy duo. Would read again. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

The King and Sakurai had one line in this chapter. Combined.

Anyway, some of the newcoming line-up for Chapter 6.

• Lord Dracula
  • Dimentio
  • Rundus
  • Bowser
  • Fox
  • Ice Climbers
  • Marth
  • Samus
  • Wario

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yay, you used my term instead of SSE. And, holy crud, Raptors! I thought those guys were gonna fade back into obscurity. Thank you for including them.

D

Deleted member

Chapter 6 is up.

Roster for Chapter 7:

• Dyna Blade
  • Hoss Delago
  • Hyper_Ridley
  • Trunks
  • Marth

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The First Rule about the Cage: You don't talk about the Cage.
The Second Rule about the Cage: You don't talk about the Cage.

Love how Guntz is all awesome. Spot on. :chuckle:

Top Bottom