• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fsmash vs Diddy Kong sucks

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
what the? only Ike and link are good at something? I'm intrigued.

edit: omg!! super glide toss! This is a continuation of counter draw too. I wonder if there are other things that counter can slide further. Well not a glide toss but close to it lol.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Item boosting...not the same as a glide toss.

Wonder why no one tested this with Ike before. xD

Nice find. :D

Edit:

Things to think about...matchup wise:

-Diddy's Bananas
-Snake's Grenades
-Peach's Turnips
-Link/Toon Link's Bombs
-ROB's Gyro

Neat. :D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Thank Bobsmith006 not me. :)

Yah, I think its the same reasoning behind Olimar's grabbing people off the edge.

Not enough people multi-mained, or didn't care to test for others... lol

And yea.. @art... super super super glide toss xD since Ike can't glide toss at all...

Also, counter draw?

Also, read the thread for updates. :) Updates are coming in every 5-10 minute (every time we finish testing a character. We test for so long because we rediscovered G&W's epic Uthrow... when at first it HALTED ALL MOVEMENT.... so now we test at different input rates.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Counter Draw is a near useless AT Ike has where if Ike unleashes Quickdraw a little bit above the stage floor, he can use Counter to get a boost forward.

It's only good for like getting close to the opponent and Countering their attacks,

It's almost impractical, really.

SuSa

I did it on my first try, and I can think of 1 use for it.

What you mentioned:

1. Opponents charging attack
2. You SH charged QD
3. They go "oh good, he's going to QD into it!"
4. You Counter Draw
5. Opponent goes "WTF mate?"
6.???
7. Profit.

comboking

Smash Master
while Ur sliding u can turn around and counter. Might help for the stun jacket. Very situational!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Doesn't it just automatically turn towards the source of the attack regardless?

Of course you're right about Counter-Draw being situational.

Kirk

Smash Champion
omfg.

I have created the single most awesome Ike video in the history of ever.

Except not really...it's pretty freaking hilarious though.

Basically, Ike can Item boost...catch the item mid-slide, and do it over again. The results are pretty awesome if you ask me.

I'll see if I can upload it within the hour...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I got it 5 times in a row and it seemed kirk agreed on it having to do with how you use your control stick but now I can't recreate it.

edit: now we have something technical to say when people go I can't beat snake, diddy, ect...

SuSa

Ike's special video near his name is being replaced with that.

+ Link them to the DACIT thread
+ RENAME IT DACIT **** IT

Very, very, very few call it Item Boosting / Item Boost Toss.... so I'm trying to get DACIT to stick.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
turns out ryko was testing this out yesterday 0.0

To get the forward throw every time all you have to do is diagonal up/froward on your control stick instead of up.

SuSa

Bobsmith was also testing it out yesterday.

And he told me about it sooner. :3

And I'll try that

EDIT:

OMFG it works. rofl

Super combo:

Forward DACIT > Reverse Jump Cancele'd Upsmash

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Well maybe you can DACIT forward, catch, turn around, DACIT forward, catch, turn around, etc. Worth a try aye?

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be more of a "WTF BOOM" moment if it turns out to look like a super wavedance. But someone else has to test it, I don't even have a Wii. :p

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
O_O

Ike now does a forward moonwalk with bananas? Because thats what it looks like in Kirk's video.

What attacks can you do out of this? (and actually have it be worth while)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Well, it's just throwing an item while sliding...so naturally when the throwing animation ends, you can perform any action out of it.

Notables:

-Jab
-Grab
-Tilts(more effective if thrown item is a banana)
-Smashes(more effective if thrown item is a banana)
-Counter(you slide a similar distance as that...AT that I don't like the name for >.> )

Note that Fsmash does work if you throw a banana from far enough away and it hits your opponent.

Also, Item Boost --> Jab --> Pivot Grab looks sexy as hell. You jab in front of them while still having some momentum from the slide to get behind them and grab.

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
I wanted to try this out, but I don't fully understand just how to do an item boost. Apparently it works just like a boosted Usmash, which i don't really get either. If someone could explain these that would be great.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Run a bit, doesnt really matter how far.
Tap down on the Cstick (has to be set to smashes or attack)
hit Z + diagonally up (right - up, left-up etc).

You have to do the Z+direction when Ike is about to hit with his attack (the hitbox coming out). Timing is hard to get down but once you got it it's easy.

So again,

- dash
- cstick down
- Z-up
- win

=)

Tennet

Smash Champion
What if you counter draw but rather than using a counter while you slide use DACIT?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol the first part would just be an aerial QD. Probably doesn't do anything since you have to run a bit before you can preform the boost toss.

What I'm wondering is how far does a boost toss > counter go in eldin since FD runs out of room...

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I’ve seen in Vyse AT list that Ike can through the same method boost his grab (though it’s not amazing as his item boost is), so mastering this technique should prove useful in any matchup. Still, I’m not doing it right, does it need the C-stick set to Smash?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've tried Boost Grabbing long ago with Ike...I don't see much a difference, if any, compared to his normal dash grab. Shield Canceled Grab is still the way to go.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Kirk, I can’t perform the item boosting, I keep throwing the banana down instead of initiating a dash attack. What am I doing wrong?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You dont need it set to smash.

You're not taking your first step, likely. It's not like normal DACUS where you can do it from a standing position (and if you can the timing is tight)

Kirk

Smash Champion
First of all, you do NOT need your c-stick set to Smash. Item Boosting works just fine with Tilt Stick.

If you're throwing the banana downwards, that means you are doing it too fast. As in...you aren't running enough first before you input c-stick down.

It's different than a normal Boost Smash because all you need to start it is a dash attack, which can be started as soon as you start a dash, which is basically 1 frame after. With the Item Boost, since you have an item in your hand this time, the timing is different...and you have to wait slightly more. You can still do it from a standing position, you just have to know the timing.

If you want to perform it as fast as possible from the standing position, first try timing your item throw without worrying about the boosting. Basically, alter your timings between inputting your Dash and C-stick down.

If you are doing it too fast, Ike will throw the item downwards at his feet, still standing in the same position. If Ike does a dashing throw(Ike chucks the item forward, bending over slightly forwards), then you have the right timing. Work with the timing and find the right speed first.

NOW go and try the full Item Boost. Keep at it until you get it.

It ALL comes down to the timing.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ok, I’m throwing the banana forward now, but he doesn’t slide at all. This is what I’ doing:
• Run;
• Hit C-stick down;
• Pressing Z + diagonally up with the control stick (in an angle similar to when I’m angling my F-tilt).
Thanks for helping everybody, even if I’m not getting it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Change your timing.
Basically this.

If you're not sliding, either you're inputting the 'Up+Z' command too slowly after the c-stick down or incorrectly all together(possibly angling your control stick too far forward).

First try without angling the control stick and just point it upwards...the first step is to actually get the sliding motion, THEN you can try to throw the item forwards, upwards, backwards, etc. while sliding.

Just keep changing the timing until you get it. Practice makes perfect.

Top Bottom