• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IASA frames on falcon's Dair and Fair's landing lag

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The landing lag of falcon's Fair and Dair can be interupted earlier with for example a jab.
This makes the landing lag shorter.

I did some testing in training mode, and when you use the IASA frames of falcon's Dair and interrupt the landing lag with a jab, it still combo's into jabs at lower percents even if you endure the landing lag (the IASA frames must be used to interrupt it with a jab)
The consecutive hits meter shows the FF Dair>IASA frames in the landing lag interrupted by a jab as 2 consecutive hits. Even though this meter is far from always right, this does mean it makes the landing lag shorter. And every frame counts.

With falcon's Fair, this can be used to maybe avoid punishment after a FF knee.

So, what this means is:
If you use falcon's Dair or Knee in a way you endure lag.
Then as soon as the IASA frames start (when he's about to stand up again)
you can jab/shield/jump anything.
To get out of the after lag faster,

The IASA frames make it possible to take another action sooner.

Credit to face124, for telling me the way found to maybe make the landing lag shorter could very well have to do with IASA frames.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hmmm insteresting, so this basically means that the lag when falcon gets up after using a knee or dair is cut? thats great!

Zeallyx

hmmm insteresting, so this basically means that the lag when falcon gets up after using a knee or dair is cut? thats great!
yes, this means that the lag when falcon gets up after using the Knee or his Dair is cut:)

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Man knee.......................I love you

I knew there was something funky with Falcon's aerials :p, anyways I'm changing my entire gameplay strategies now, thnaks for finding this info out man, I think all of Falcon's aerials should be FF'd now.

ohh yeah

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Are you talking about an unique and exclusive L-Cancel for Falcon?

I need vids for compare
No. He is talking about IASA frames which a few characters have on non-AC'ing aerials. These can be used to interrupt the lag with jabs for example. This is not as effective as L-cancelling, but can help. You probably don't just sit and wait for the lag to end if you land a F/D-air, maybe you mash shield, or jab. So the chances are you have done this without realising it.

Bear in mind this doesn't remove enough lag that D-air and F-air are unpunishable, there is still a fair chunk.

Zeallyx

No. He is talking about IASA frames which a few characters have on non-AC'ing aerials. These can be used to interrupt the lag with jabs for example. This is not as effective as L-cancelling, but can help. You probably don't just sit and wait for the lag to end if you land a F/D-air, maybe you mash shield, or jab. So the chances are you have done this without realising it.

Bear in mind this doesn't remove enough lag that D-air and F-air are unpunishable, there is still a fair chunk.
What I bolded in face's post is important. You probably have done this before without realising it (like face said). But now we know this, we can actually use it in our benefit, as we can now do it on porpose and make it a part of our falcon game.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
well I came back from America (vacation) today and tested it out, it's legit ............ but I think this is more useful for combo's and not for approach options, like my bro's IC can grab me everytime if I don't AC, so yeah........

Zeallyx

well I came back from America (vacation) today and tested it out, it's legit ............ but I think this is more useful for combo's and not for approach options, like my bro's IC can grab me everytime if I don't AC, so yeah........
I know its legit:laugh: I dont lie.
But anyway, yes, you are probably right, although it could also serve more than one purpose.
Like it can offer more than just the ability to follow up faster.

For example it's also good for mindgames. When the opponent moves in to punish the lag, but they end up getting jabbed. (when they overrate the lag)

Tenki

Smash Hero
If you wanna test for IASA frames, hold shield after moves. Shield is probably the easiest input to use because you can hold it and shield will come out as soon as it's possible, whereas doing things like jabbing or jumping might be more difficult to catch 'exact' IASA frames (like when testing things like 1st/2nd jab IASA, or aerial IASA)

But you forget: Ike doesn't have the knee!

*stumbles over to Ike boards regardless*
Actually, I saw a Hacked Brawl video where they gave Ike Falcon's moveset.

That was kind of disturbing.

Top Bottom