• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

use for running attack

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
ok, i've been trying to work in more of dks moves, but running attack has given me some problems. so far i've found two uses for it. so i thought i'd share

first is matchup specific but very important. breaking the tornado, it works every time, makes mk easier

second, if you play other fighting games you'll know what this means, but meaty on wakeup (rolls too).

for those of you who just play smash, basically it means that, because the hitbox lingers, but doesn't reduce damage/knockback, you can leave it out over where they're going to be once there invincibility wears off. what this does is basically cancel the lag on it, so you can follow it up

basically if you knock them down and read the roll, or just read a roll/spotdodge, running attack ahead of time so it hits them once the invincibility runs out, at the end of the attack (which has much less lag, since the lag is due to lingering hitboxes) 11% + bad position for them

just figured i'd share

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
ok, i've been trying to work in more of dks moves, but running attack has given me some problems. so far i've found two uses for it. so i thought i'd share

first is matchup specific but very important. breaking the tornado, it works every time, makes mk easier

second, if you play other fighting games you'll know what this means, but meaty on wakeup (rolls too).

for those of you who just play smash, basically it means that, because the hitbox lingers, but doesn't reduce damage/knockback, you can leave it out over where they're going to be once there invincibility wears off. what this does is basically cancel the lag on it, so you can follow it up

basically if you knock them down and read the roll, or just read a roll/spotdodge, running attack ahead of time so it hits them once the invincibility runs out, at the end of the attack (which has much less lag, since the lag is due to lingering hitboxes) 11% + bad position for them

just figured i'd share
Nice find, I've been having trouble using DK's dash attack also, since it's so laggy and such. Glad to hear it can take out the tornado, now I don't have to have spammy MK's bothering me as much lol.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Okizeme!!

So its like a sex kick, but it stays out strong all the time.

So DK is a pr0n star too?

Luigi player

Smash Master
I guess that it beats the tornado (really?) is pretty good, but to punish rolls or something like that I prefer his grounded upB, it does much more damage. It is saver and covers more room.

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
^^ As if certain submissions to brawlsnapshots.com weren’t enough indication of that. ;p

Thanks for the tips Bigfoot, especially against MK. I always have used it as a lame tech chase …

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Running attack to stop the Nado, too good.

Mith_

Smash Champion
ZAF LOL AT UR SIG.

its muy lulz.

if the roll towards you you can dsmash. otherwise it may not hit.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
if someone is rolling, and you dsmash, chances are if you are smart you will hit

=/

i dont see how people could miss it
I said it isn't very likely you'll miss, if you read the whole sentence.

Luigi player

Smash Master
if someone rolls away, why would anyone dsmash =/
lol, because everyone has unhuman reflexes so that he always knows where and if the enemy rolls >_> dsmash for punishing rolls shouldn't really be used often. Maybe on GaWs or Samus' rolls... but dsmash is too punishable to not hit wit hit. Down B and the grounded upB are way safer than a dsmash if you expect a roll.

Top Bottom