• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cg on zss

zaf

Smash Lord
I haven't seen any threads or posts that involve this, so here goes o_O

dk doesn't seem like someone who can cg, but he can!
if you grab a zss, when she has 0%-8% and dthrow, you can dash and grab again.
its like ddd's cg. you can grab a zss and cg her from one end of FD to the other.
It will only work with low , low %, like i stated.
I watch a lot of bum vs snakeee, and ive never seen it done.
i dont know if this is even known yet.
maybe bum or any other dk has never used it because this could actually be ineffective?
but a free 30-40% to a dtilt or ftilt seems very useful to me.
i dont know if this works on any other chars, i havent tested it, but i know it works on zss

=]
-zaf

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK does not have a chain grab at any % on anybody but ness or lucas.

d throw at 0% > d tilt > GFSC= **** though

zaf

Smash Lord
Go test it right now, i guarantee you can cg a zss

i was doing it all day to my friend who plays zss.

make sure she has 0% or under 7%.
i wouldn't post without testing.
he cant DI out of it, and my friend is amazing at DI-ing

the cg will mess up on stages like lylat or yoshi's due to the non-flat stage

Jer

Smash Ace
I can confirm this works, i play with zaf all the time, and i obv know how to DI

It works for about three throws from 0%, then DI'ing out of it is possible

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Good find, I have noticed this too. At low percents D-Throw into Dash Grab can work for a couple of rounds, than after a D-Throw depending on how far they go I'll Dash Attack, F-Tilt, or D-Tilt.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I didn't notice this, ZSS doesn't seem like someone who would fall into it either.

Actually, I just had to say that zaf's signature is hilarious and needed a constructive comment to warrant it. Especially when Blanca pops out, lol!

zaf

Smash Lord
I didn't notice this, ZSS doesn't seem like someone who would fall into it either.

Actually, I just had to say that zaf's signature is hilarious and needed a constructive comment to warrant it. Especially when Blanca pops out, lol!
hahaha ty, the sig was made by Eleftarios. best yoshi

uhh... yea i wasn't expecting this to happen on zss either. I just grabbed at 0% one time, and chased. I noticed how close she was and re-grabbed, then did it a few more times. I thoguth Jer was DI-ing wrong, but then we tested it, and it does work. I've now brought this into my game against zss.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I rapidly tested this, and apparently this cg works 3/4 times if you dash shield grab. And if it works on ZSS, it could work on a couple others characters, maybe the heavies like Link or fastfallers like Fox / semi-fastfallers like Falco.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I rapidly tested this, and apparently this cg works 3/4 times if you dash shield grab. And if it works on ZSS, it could work on a couple others characters, maybe the heavies like Link or fastfallers like Fox / semi-fastfallers like Falco.
Yeah it isn't a huge CG but it still is one none the less. Hopefully it'll work on a few more characters.

Luigi player

Smash Master
This doesn't work. A running shieldgrab is too slow (you can only put up your shield when the dash is finished which is too slow to regrab her), and if you're doing a normal running grab DK doesn't has enough range to grab her again.

I just tested this with my brother, it doesn't work >_> she can spot dodge it.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I heard it works on D3 and Falcon as well at low %'s.
Lol, that's pretty cool, King Dedede is someone we really need to worry about though, say you miss a grab or screw up or something, you can knock yourself into an infinite or into a CG yourself. It would be sick if it did work on Captain Falcon though.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I know it is possible on several characters, but I don't know how easily it is escaped. Could we get a list of characters who cannot escape it, if any?

Blad01

Smash Lord
This doesn't work. A running shieldgrab is too slow (you can only put up your shield when the dash is finished which is too slow to regrab her), and if you're doing a normal running grab DK doesn't has enough range to grab her again.
What ? You can put your shield WHILE you're running. Just run, press shield, then grab. Don't release the stick while you press shield. ;)

Mith_

Smash Champion
DK can downthrow a lot of ppl at least twice at 0% and can CG i think half the cast against a wall. <3 green greens.

Luigi player

Smash Master
What ? You can put your shield WHILE you're running. Just run, press shield, then grab. Don't release the stick while you press shield. ;)
You can't shield during a dash.

It doesn't work on Falcon and it doesn't work on Dedede.

This only works on a wall.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Test it. It doesn't work. You can only put it up once you start running. During the dash animation you can't shield (and it sucks because I get hit out of it really often because you can't shield >.<).
Oh ok, you were talking about the dash starting animation ! Well somehow DK's one seemed fast enough during my quick testings to do 3 consecutives D-Throws on ZSS...

And running grab hadn't enough range indeed.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Oh ok, you were talking about the dash starting animation ! Well somehow DK's one seemed fast enough during my quick testings to do 3 consecutives D-Throws on ZSS...

And running grab hadn't enough range indeed.
Did you have a player who controller her? She just needs to buffer a spot dodge and you will not have enough time to grab her.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
DK can downthrow a lot of ppl at least twice at 0% and can CG i think half the cast against a wall. <3 green greens.
THIS! You mean its the same thing as DDD, where you can down throw regrab, down throw? Or are you saying, grab, cargo, down throw against a wall, regrab, cargo, down throw? Which is it?

zaf

Smash Lord

I just tested this with my brother, it doesn't work >_> she can spot dodge it.
You can't shield during a dash.

It doesn't work on Falcon and it doesn't work on Dedede.

This only works on a wall.
you're wrong.

i have my "X" set to grab. after a dthrow on zss, i just dash and press X. she cant escape for a few grabs. she cant spot dodge. you just suck at this.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So does anyone know if chain grabbing DDD is possible against a wall? Down throw to down throw? Or Cargo down throw to Cargo down throw.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Cargo dthrow chains into itself for up to about 50-60% depending on character size, and from there dtilt lock continues into KO ranges. Punch and Dsmash are both good finishers for this chain.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
But after a D-tilt lock you should Foward B to 9 wind punch if you have it. It's godly

Top Bottom