• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T tourney march 8th (mario pro) Regeistering now!

Throwback

Smash Lord
Yep was heaps of fun, despite only having 12. Turns out I should have stuck to samus tho :(

Gratz Ted on owning everyone (and 3-stocking Luke's snake...twice!).

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah, the tourney was good fun. Thanks to Luke for hosting and to everyone else for the matches we had.

Though it appears that I left my wiimote behind after clearing out my bag. this morning. Did anyone pick up an extra one by any chance? I think it had green/black batteries if that's of any relevance.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh, its your one then, and its got a custom clip on the arm band thingie, I've got it. I'll get it back to you at the next meet or whenever.

and isaac I think you were just off that day, when I played your dk it was nothing like what you were like on friday night where you completely pwned me and gords.

anyways, yeah ted 3 stocked my snake twice :( snake just wasn't working for me that day, but luigi... man, I got so many fire jump punch kills on him (expects some ridiculous FJP combo's after my mt silver training) did you know that one halberd you can kill wolf at 44%?
and maybe if you actually trained me sometime shaya instead of just pwning me and calling me a noob :)
anyways, with training from the 2 of you on Saturday night, I should be ready for teds tourney and an epic rematch with ted.
I think I hosted pretty well tough, doubles and then singles where everyone played 11 matches before going into the top 8 finals and doing it all in 4 hours is pretty pro imo. wall of txt *Take That!*

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
at shaya, dont you mean the apprentice has failed the master?
at jamus and tedeth, thanks guys I'm always keen to hold tourneys and I'm going to plan to try to hold a rather large one sometime later in the year, I have a few novel ideas that will be cool.

anyways I'm bored at work so its time for some shoutouts,

Tedeth: great work man you killed the competetion, your game has improved so much in all aspects and your wolf is amazing, but I will have my revenge!

toby: I know you werent there psyically but you were there in spirit, I blame your spirit for making tedeth so good. dam metaknights and there crazy super team work.

isaac: lol what happened man? if only you played your dk like you did the friday night at the meet, that **** was insane. you can do better than that though guess you were just off that day.

katzenjammer: good work dude I told you that you could make top 8 (even if there were only 12 people)
ike fights for his friends (overused phrase is overused)

jambo: thanks for teaming with me man, we almost had it, good games too your mario is mad ****, we need to work out some actual double's combo's. I've been inspired by toby and ricky.

silfa: lol, truly a mario pro, great work on beating me twice in the round robin, your skills are insane. I look forward to playing you more at meets, and we gotta get you out into the sydney scene.

bogoron: you have a mad wario and insane DI skills (i was so sacred I had to go snake and spam cheap moves/tactics, release grab into nair anyone?) good work on third man, we need to get you out into the sydney scene as well and you should come to more meets.

luffy: well done dude your game has improved alot and you were mad pwning it up, espcially since you dont even own a wii and only play brawl with us at meets. shaya this kid has potential, you should share your marth secrets with him.

overall I'm very happy with the way the ACT scene is turing out, we may not have the numbers yet but we have good players that arnt tier whores and with some tourney exp these good players will become great players.

and this tourney has inspired me to learn mario to compliment my luigi.
long live the mario pros! (yeah I know im wierd)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hehehe, oops.
mmm the more I think about it, the more I want to main the mario brothers, just like boss, who beat the worlds best snake in a tourney with mario and also with luigi. go boss!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm, I dunno, going by his 2nd place it seems like he's doing well in following your lead.
Sorry Mr. Two stocked twice.

Seems the number Two has some significance with you as well? :D Also, so does coming 7th.

And no, it's failing the apprentice. As Teddy's only real man practice as of late has been via the epic meet society, and he wasn't too awesome (at least not 3 stocking awesome), except against suiciding falcos (wasn't a 3 stock). I thought I had bestowed enough love to overcome being 3 stocked by anyone.

larghhhhhh

jambo

Smash Cadet
Thanks for an awesome tourney man ! Got a ****load of games in and it all ran smoothly. We'll have to train the Bros. I'm keen to put a bit more time into luigi !

Throwback

Smash Lord
Luke I reckon you should just ditch snake - your luigi is well on the way to being pro, but a bit more practice will make you amazing. Then ACT will have sick mario/luigi mains.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke I reckon you should just ditch snake - your luigi is well on the way to being pro, but a bit more practice will make you amazing. Then ACT will have sick mario/luigi mains.
well I'm seriously thinking about it, having snake as a backup against certain matches is good though for instance I reckon marth would **** luigi due to a better ground game, a much better air game and being fast enough to use his long range to completely shut down the bros.

we'll see how it looks after some training from my peers. (and hopefully stealing mad doubles ideas from the most unique doubles team in Australia)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Hmm, I should give luigi some practice too. My luigi is absolute trash at the moment heh.

I guess now would be a good excuse to buy a second wiimote.. it's too bad I lack the funds. :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
they differ a bit, mario is all about the gimp kills, luigi is all about the early ko's with crazy upb and uptilted forward smash. also Luigi's sex kick is the best move in the game imo, super fast, mad priority, kills, combo's, gets luigi out of combo's, is useful in nearly every situation.
the bro's are similar enough that its easy to pick them both up and counter pick between them to cover the whole cast.

Throwback

Smash Lord
well I'm seriously thinking about it, having snake as a backup against certain matches is good though for instance I reckon marth would **** luigi due to a better ground game, a much better air game and being fast enough to use his long range to completely shut down the bros.

we'll see how it looks after some training from my peers. (and hopefully stealing mad doubles ideas from the most unique doubles team in Australia)
pretty sure that mario vs marth is considered a reasonably even match-up (6-4 at worst), and mario has slower fireballs and less killing power than luigi. Granted luigi falls slower & may have a harder time recovering than mario, but he also has a better roll and will upB kill marth at something crazy low. Dunno if you can just write it off.

I wonder if you can see my agenda here? lol

edit: I actually like that you play snake, gives me something to work on.

S.D

Smash Master
pretty sure that mario vs marth is considered a reasonably even match-up (6-4 at worst), and mario has slower fireballs and less killing power than luigi. Granted luigi falls slower & may have a harder time recovering than mario, but he also has a better roll and will upB kill marth at something crazy low. Dunno if you can just write it off.

I wonder if you can see my agenda here? lol

edit: I actually like that you play snake, gives me something to work on.
Marth has a pretty solid advantage, not at all an even match. 65:35 to Marth, even worse for Luigi.

same with me if u use low tier you'll get no sympathy from me, unless you use the rapist ness who should be high tier.
You can pick my character for me when we play if you like. Or I might just show you what the other PK twin is capable of :)

Oh come off it, Ness isn't that great...
Ness is rubbish. Ricky is not.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
did it occur that I dont want/need sympathy, I do need practice though dammit why cant they just build a bullet train underground between Canberra and Sydney.

I messed around with mario last night, I play him too much like luigi, the differences are so subtle yet so extreme... marios dair is best though.

I wont give up snake though, snake has always been my favorite video game character even since I played metal gear solid, except maybe kratos from tales of symphonia, I even though up a move of his that you could do in a combo in brawl, ima show ricky and toby and then we'z gonna drink sum 'erbs and **** and its gonna be mad.

tkls

Smash Apprentice
i love how noobs see a low tier played well and its instantly "OMFGZ FALCON IZ AWZUM!!! CF4 GOD TIERZ!!!!!!" low tier mains prove the players good, not the character

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I really just cant think of a funny way to continue this :(
but on another note my favorite match this whole tourney has to be when isaac absolutely decimated gords in crews, sure gords only had 1 stock left but isaac didn't get hit once and % to death'd him in under 10 seconds.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I'm the only one who does shoutouts around here, you other canberran's should do it too, its a good way to encourage fellow smashers and build the communiity, and reflect on a great tourney.

Throwback

Smash Lord
ok here's my 645am shoutout, 4 days too late:

Luke - you're cheap, cheap, cheap. And you should have won! Just cos your luigi is amazing.

Ted - wow nice play. Really, really solid, very few mistakes, punish everything. You deserved the win without a doubt.

Luffy - Gratz on beating me to get in the finals. Don't feel bad, your counters were amazing & I couldn't find a way around it. You deserved to be there.

Jambo - lols. Keep up your mario man, he's getting more OP every day.

Katzen - Ike is OP! You know it's true :) So is every other character that beat me, by the way...(joking people...joking)

Silfa - Only played a couple of games against you but you were pro as usual. Come to some meets & go to some sydney tournies - you will do well I am sure.

Bogo - wow wario. Oh and Ike lol...I hate that guy! Nice play, you're in the same boat as Silfa. Come to some meets so all us scrubs can get some practice against you.

Gords - the crews battle we had...omg

anyone I missed - thanks for coming, I had a great day!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so if I showed up at your house dressed as ike you would beat me up and never talk to me again?
so if I got someone else to do the same thing they would get the same treatment, hmm...
so anyways since your up early I guess that means your going to work today?

Top Bottom