• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo wifi down?

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ERROR CODE: 80430

update2: it happened yet again today so i guess we can expect this to go on for several more days

update: it seems to work normally now but i wouldn't be surprised if something like this were to happen again tomorrow. and yeah i too thought this was due to everyone who got brawl during xmas.

Problems:

-brawl is taking slightly longer to connect
-Every time me or one of my friends try to brawl each other today it disconnects them without letting them join the room, so its not just me.
-Sometimes i cant find a friend that's online or that made a room and it takes a long time to update the status of the people on my friends list

Everyone tried restarting there wii's and routers but it didn't help. So we moved onto mario kart and this is what happened:

-It took a very long time for everyone to connect
When we registered each other as friends it would say that the other person didn't add us to -their friends list.

Is anyone else getting these problems?
Will they go away and its probably just nintendos fault, right?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yes it exploded from too many people tripping in lag at once while tapping their c-sticks repeatedly.

RazorBlaze

Smash Rookie
someone at aib said that wifi servers were improved now that wifi is back up but idk lolz

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We should petition Sakurai to get a refund.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i was up at around 2-4 am last night NY time and it worked just fine for me, all the lil kiddies that got brawl for xmas must have got off the server and it also worked for me this morning around 12-1. Nintendo also says that they are trying to fix the servers when this error code happens but its been going on for 2 days no so i highly doubt it.

-Final-

Aria♪
Wifi is up now, but it is still not working that well... It took 5 minutes to actually add someone when they were actually on... I hate wifi...

ADHD

Smash Hero
I called and they are working on the servers. I hope that will fix lag a bit, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's probably just going to allow more people to play at once, lag may be a little bit miserable until the christmas children get tired of brawl.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Someone posted in AiB and he called Nintendo saying:

"I know why Wi-Fi has not been working today; it wasn't working and I called Nintendo and saying a lot of people have been getting the Wii for Christmas that they have high traffic; this is occurring to Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. It will stop in the morning and that all of Nintendo is working on it as best as they can."

Naos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Naos624
no u don't pay for the games that already out u pay for the new ones on the box it will say pay to play on it they made a logo already

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I dont get it do you pay for each match or just pay it once and get it over with

Naos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Naos624
well i don't really know i'm not ever sure if they will keep making it only time can tell if they will go though with it

Ganondorf_the_King

Smash Apprentice
Someone posted in AiB and he called Nintendo saying:

"I know why Wi-Fi has not been working today; it wasn't working and I called Nintendo and saying a lot of people have been getting the Wii for Christmas that they have high traffic; this is occurring to Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. It will stop in the morning and that all of Nintendo is working on it as best as they can."
Nintendo?!?!?!? WORKING?!?!?!?!?!?? ON ONLINE!??!?!?!?!?!? *head explodes*

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
they already have pay to play on guitar hero and it will be made on other games too but they wouldn't make us pay for the wifi we've been getting for free on brawl so at least were safe for now.

Top Bottom