• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted....

Veril

Frame Savant
Best title ever!

I'm not lying.

You could just... you know. Try it. Please. Pretty Please. So that people don't think I'm full of sh**.

Yeah, I didn't want to add "wave" onto any technique I find. People go NUTS.

Also, this sucks with MK. I tried it with him and its useless :)

Veril

Frame Savant
Already did.

You should change the name to Wavelanding with Jigglypuff. <3 Veril

:p x 10

Its a room based on invite only where those who have great post quality and show great understand of Jigglypuff can enter. If you have great post quality or make a groundbreaking discovery for her, you can get entrance.
My science is great lol

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've known this for awhile. The only real use is falldash into a grab, ftilt, or utilt. It would be great at the start of the match I guess, chain two utilts into an usmash.

bobson

Smash Lord
Couldn't you airdodge with Z or the c-stick to bypass the automatic shielding?

Veril

Frame Savant
Yeah, I've known this for awhile. The only real use is falldash into a grab, ftilt, or utilt. It would be great at the start of the match I guess, chain two utilts into an usmash.
Wrong.

I'm not up for a long description of the things you can do with it right now.

Still, this statement indicates you have not being utilizing this to its fullest.

Miles.

Smash Champion
waveland 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcElEkSZGs
waveland 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbyj2UqHTI

i performed both of these clips.
needless to say i have tested and experimented a bit with wavelanding in brawl.

i also really enjoy all the pokemon chars (just look at my name, and i mained jiggs in melee)

Id really like to get an invite to the back room.
I rarely post unless I have something to say but I use Jiggs as a CP and I really like the char and would like to converse with some serious jig players.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
waveland 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcElEkSZGs
waveland 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTbyj2UqHTI

i performed both of these clips.
needless to say i have tested and experimented a bit with wavelanding in brawl.

i also really enjoy all the pokemon chars (just look at my name, and i mained jiggs in melee)

Id really like to get an invite to the back room.
I rarely post unless I have something to say but I use Jiggs as a CP and I really like the char and would like to converse with some serious jig players.
Post here for a while and prove you can bring intelligent conversation here and you will be let in. Right now though, however, I can't just let you in on 1 post.

Miles.

Smash Champion
My only other post (or two) on these boards is in the "What beats the tornado thread" I posted that Jigglys Dtilt does. And it does. ^_^

Sure thing.

I tend to read more than I post these days unless something needs to be rectified.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
My only other post (or two) on these boards is in the "What beats the tornado thread" I posted that Jigglys Dtilt does. And it does. ^_^

Sure thing.

I tend to read more than I post these days unless something needs to be rectified.
Ok, cool. Just prove you have a good knowledge of her with posts (you need like 30 posts here to get in, but its post quality that counts, the 30 posts are just needed to determine quality).

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Lolnotrly. Her uair doesn't have the sexy hitbox it did in Melee. It can't poke through much. Platforms screw up WOP which never worked anyways, once your over the platforms campers won't let you back under, screws up rollout, and just gets in the way in general. Jiggz isn't that good on platform stages.

Veril

Frame Savant
Veril is having a very bad night. Caustic post warning.

Sure thing.

D-tilt is crap. The JBR doesn't need or want lurkers. Please post.

Jiggly + Platforms = Sex
You are kidding right. This is almost the opposite of the general concensus. Wavelanding does improve this somewhat though, the extent to which will become more clear as time passes.

I still don't get it. If it's just air dodging before you hit the ground, I've known this for awhile. Until I get videos it sounds kinda pointless. :/
Yeah, wavedashing also was just airdodging before you hit the ground. Try doing it yourself, its stupidly easy, instead of waiting around for video.

Almost all of the posts here (not just PokemonMasterIRL's) are completely or almost completely irrelevant to incorporating wavelanding into Jiggly's metagame. They have either been completely off topic or useless but on topic. Try harder.

Glick

Smash Lord
Lolnotrly. Her uair doesn't have the sexy hitbox it did in Melee. It can't poke through much. Platforms screw up WOP which never worked anyways, once your over the platforms campers won't let you back under, screws up rollout, and just gets in the way in general. Jiggz isn't that good on platform stages.
This isn't melee.

Brawl jiggz is great with platforms. If your good enough to tech chase and use platforms as a way to poke peoples sheilds anyway.

I've been saying this for months but everyone still thinks final destination is a good stage for jigglypuff.

IDC if you cant use rollout right.

Battlefield is one of jigglypuffs best stages.

MrBubbleTea

Smash Rookie
It's official, I love the jiggly boards!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=212947
In my testing, Yoshi is NOT affected by the shield limiatation of this discovery.

But to keep this relevant to Jiggly, while her grab game might not be devastating (wouldn't it be sick if she had a chainthrow?), the waveland adds another important dimension to offense that Jigglypuff needs to vary her approach. It also makes for a good retreat: Shorthop a Fair or Bair, and if you miss, DI back and waveland.

Top Bottom