• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Scottish Smash Thread

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord

Aww yeah welcome to the party baby

Dundee & Midlands Area-

Jalued(Melee, Brawl)
MSN: jalued@hotmail.com
Brawl FC: 0989-1661-6859
(St Andrews)

Grayfox (Melee, Brawl)

Mr P (Melee, Brawl)
MSN: mafia_mr_p@hotmail.co.uk

GEEK28 (Melee)

Steel_Dragon (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 0345-0742-7982
MSN: hughie123@hotmail.com

Pid14 (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 1547-6639-0058
MSN: pidgey14@hotmail.com

Falkirk/Stirling Area-

Foulplay (Melee, Brawl)
MSN: volvagia224@msn.com

Paisley/Glasgow Area-

Gladam (Melee?, Brawl)

Kamicciolo(Brawl)
Brawl FC: 3866-9905-2789

Sifyka (Brawl)

Cpt Zeppo (Melee, Brawl)
MSN: naedanger@hotmail.co.uk
(Contact me if you are interested in attending events:chuckle:)

Davemans (Melee, Brawl?)

Looman (Melee, Brawl)

Penetrago (Melee)

Invisible Muffin (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 2020-1443-1767

Greenock-

Fiends Knee (Melee)

Edinburgh-

AC Anon (Melee)

Fortunecookie( Melee)
uwant_beef@hotmail.co.uk

20chambo08 (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 2191-9402-0319
MSN: dan-the-footie-man@hotmail.co.uk

DAZ (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 4210-5436-7696

Flash (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 1848-2004-5406
MSN: joepro20@hotmail.com

SheikahKing (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 2707-3284-2029
MSN: obscure-halo@hotmail.co.uk

East Kilbride-

Luigidude90 (Melee, Brawl)
Brawl FC: 0516-8717-4025

13th Nightmare (Brawl)
Brawl FC: 0774-5698-5806

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Results for fest on 3rd of January:

1 Zeppo (18 pts)
2 Mr P (16 pts)
3 GEEK (13 pts)
4 Grayfox (13 pts)
5 Foulplay (6 pts)
6 AC_Anon (6 pts)
7 Looman (3 pts)

GEEK beat Grayfox thus topped him, as did Foulplay to AC_Anon.

Results for fest on 17th January

1 Cpt Zeppo (24)
2 Mr P (21)
3 Grayfox (19)
4 AC13_anon (15)
5 Kieran (14)
6 Looman (11)
7 Fiends Knee (8)
8 Jalued (6)
9 Penny (5)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Northern players and Northwest players are all welcome to Scottish smashfest/mini-tournies once they get going btw. Also is Gladam still around?

Kone

Smash Master
Z -Gladam is still about. ive spoke to him and he would turn up to regular meetings if brawl was involved (he never got into melee properly/good at it lol). Hes pretty decent at brawl though. He would probs turn up with another 1/2. Im confident with regular ranbats and what not that he would pick up melee properly.

edit - ill direct him to this thread. Furthermore, theres a good chance that if you sort out monthly mini-tournies etc ill attend them every other month as a means to have regular competition and see adam (i go up to glasgow often anyway).

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Z -Gladam is still about. ive spoke to him and he would turn up to regular meetings if brawl was involved (he never got into melee properly/good at it lol). Hes pretty decent at brawl though. He would probs turn up with another 1/2. Im confident with regular ranbats and what not that he would pick up melee properly.

edit - ill direct him to this thread. Furthermore, theres a good chance that if you sort out monthly mini-tournies etc ill attend them every other month as a means to have regular competition and see adam (i go up to glasgow often anyway).
Ah, good times on Gladam. Im actually interested in giving Brawl a go, so it'd be good to play him since he beat Charles and all:chuckle:. Once it gets going, I agree on coming up to play, should be fun. So should the bold REACHER if hes still coping out there!

Pro Im glad btw. Just glad for... the banter?!?!:ohwell: though???:confused:

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah adams pretty **** decent at brawl. I, wanting to try alternate between making the North West ranbats and whatever you getting going in glasgow. Unless somehow north eastern players pop up...................>_>

edit -ill try make the first mini tourney u hold btw. Tis my turn to see adam in glasgow lol

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
This glasgow mini tournie operation sounds like great stuff IMO, the venue has a great atmosphere, good air conditioning i think since its not stuffy. Im looking forward to getting more experience and this is a great way to do so.

If we eventually get teams going in one of these tournies me and Looman are white wash everyone. Be ready.

Its pretty much an ideal venue. Easy to get to from the bus and train stations, hopefully it can be arranged but even if another venue is organised its still bringing the... whats that again?:confused: hmm uh eh wait i think i got it?!!!!!......hmm OH YEAH its bringing the Banter. :chuckle:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Ed- Im thinking of doing the first one on the weekend of the 16th. That will probably be Melee only. No guarantee as of yet though- Im going to clear it with the troops tomorrow, then look into prices see whats up.

RE: Banter. :ohwell:?

Kone

Smash Master
jan 16th? doubt i can make that with brigton and birmingham coming up. However, ill aim to make the next one with adam :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Whats the main purpose of this thread?
I had a feeling it was for the banter by there is a sense of doubt which lies in my head. If only I could make it lay dormant like the cat in the night as the wolf howls at the moon and as I become one with earth I rest in piece as a fox would feel when it is shining marth of the edge cos he is a cheap prick.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
@Pro: It's for the banter, but the banter hasn't arrived yet, it will soon.

OK BANTERS HERE:

OMG SHOUTOUTS:

P: Good games, you're def' a lot less rusty since I played you at Pauls.

Z: GGS BUT OMG THE BANTER!!!!!!!!! WE NEED TO HAVE MORE OF THIS BANTER!! OMG IT'S JUST UNBELIEVABLE HOW MUCH BANTER WAS HAD!!!!

Ryan: OMG!!! THAT BEASTING DK ON BRAWL OMG ****ING HORRIBLE LOL, HE HAS THE BANTER THOUGH. Good games on Melee as well to be honest, GREAT GAMES ACTUALLY WHO AM I KIDDING.

Looman: Great games omg your Ganon's def improving very fast, Fox couldn't handle it so I had to pull out the banter, (falcon), Pretty soon I think Falcon might not be able to handle that banter!!!

Craig: GG's nice to see you're playing again. You're rusty though break off that rust and start piping everyone again, enjoyed watching your sets vs your brother and Ryan too in round robbing was good times especially when that Pikachu came out to pipe.

Alan: OMG YOU ARE A COMPLETE PRICK FFS 4 ****ING MONEY MATCHES, 2 WON BY EACH OF US, **** SAKE, AT LEAST I BEAT YOU IN ROUND ROBBING. WE'LL SETTLE THIS AT THE NEXT FEST, IT'S ON, I'M BRINGING THE BANTER TOO, BE PREPARED. HO HO.

GEEK28

Smash Apprentice
GEEKFEST PATTER

Great fest, rully enjoyed the turni matches.

has someone els taken the results btw? i cant seam to find them. we have some matches recorded i think but not the tuni matches, alot of pish low teir ones i think.

good seeing everyone agen, euan your geting cheaper and its paying of, keep working on the edge garding, and cheap quick kills and youl only get better. loved our matches ryan, we got to play more often, will be rully intresting to see what your marth can do after some work. paul, pipeing as ever, we need to keep playing, think i lern alot from playing you. allan, the soul of the mafia imo. kerian, man ytou got better since last time we played, keep it up. louie, glad you came, your so mutch better since that fuirst time we played, its great to see you play gannon insted of the uslel fox/falco/sheik. your edge garding is real nice, espeshly with the up air. i think if you work on your close combat with jabs, grabs, down tilt and practice geting them shufeld arials smothe and quick. youl be pipeing in no time. D you missed out son.

looking forward to another fest, hopefuly im feeling better soon and we can get more turnie matches going in the mafia and improve the dundee/glasgow ssbm seen. think the tuni matches was good experiance for everyone.

thanks for comeing.
oh and btw, the bins in the kitchen...

jalued

Smash Lord
can u plz add me to midlands and edinburgh? i live in st andrews for uni, and in edinburgh for rest of time, so really im available both places. oh, and i only brawl, not melee. thanks :) want to play offline for once

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
can u plz add me to midlands and edinburgh? i live in st andrews for uni, and in edinburgh for rest of time, so really im available both places. oh, and i only brawl, not melee. thanks :) want to play offline for once
Sure thing mate. St Andrews is pretty close to Dundee where theres a few players? If you put your MSN up we can contact you for games :)

Results for fest:

1 Zeppo (18 pts)
2 Mr P (16 pts)
3 GEEK (13 pts)
4 Grayfox (13 pts)
5 Foulplay (6 pts)
6 AC_Anon (6 pts)
7 Looman (3 pts)

Fest was really fun. Got some matches recorded but I dont think any of them were that good at all rofl!

Kieran- good job beating allan in tourney but we all know he brings the banter when theres money on the line:laugh: huge stuff but we had him on the ropes and it fell apart. Evens now so its time to take the plunge innit

Allan- hahaha!! Nice money match I had **** all rofl, Im so ready for a rematch though my word, should be good. my fox and link, your samus £banter? Nice one on being clutch vs Kieran btw ROFL you've got it

Looman- lol?!

Ryan- Ive went and u-turned cause I actually really like your style now:urg:! Be trying marth again next time :suess: more matches in brawl next time my yoshi is too good:laugh:?!

Euan- We clearly have the banter when it comes to allan vs kieran matches:dizzy: Good one getting solid wins and coming 2nd, you were playing really well and did some nice stuff

Craig- You were clearly alot better at the end of the night compared to the start of the day rofl. Always fun to play, hope you keep going

I'll start looking into the Microplay venue tomorrow again. Hopefully they let us play Melee :-S

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
We dont have any of the round robbing but we have friendlies and money matches. If anyone has any in particular matches they wish to re-see post in the thread.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
P and Z didn't put the money down when Kman decided to step it up. They should have knew I had the banter hiding away. No johns though Alan, next time I'm going to take 1.50 off you, so in overall I make 1 quid because even though the sets were tied, the last one was for 50p and not a quid.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I'll money match you in marth dittoes or something Charles

lol videos. some of allan and kierans matches were ****ing huge, particularly when allan came back from the brink to win that set last match on corneria so I'd love to see that. I'd also love to see some of my matches with Ryan:suess: but they dont need to go up just send me them eh

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL aye the bad beat the banter etc. Some of the Allan vs Kieran matches are a must for sure, shame none of the tourney matches were recorded.

Also cheers for the fest Craig!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Aye cheers for the fest, forgot to say that in my shoutouts.
I'll get some of the Alan vs Me matches up and some of Ryan vs Z, next time we'll be a bit more prepared and have the round robbings recorded.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Alright guys, phoned the venue today and its actually alot cheaper than I expected and they are welcome to do deals for groups! Theres also no problem with playing Melee/other games supplied by us. So basically, there is going to be no problem in hosting a tournament on the 17th of January, open invite. Its open for negotiation though if a date is better for people.

Regardless because of costs which could reach like £30, I am not booking until a good number are confirmed(by which I mean assured to have the weekend free). So if you're interested in going, post it here. Venue cost is looking to be about £3 if 10 people or more attend, which is nowt:laugh:

It will probably be Melee and Brawl by the way, both with a buy-in

Top Bottom