• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Gym: For the Health of Smashers(Do a pushup now... This means you!)

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
ANNOUNCEMENTS
1)Check the third/last post for updates!
2)Say hello to our newest member: Meta-Kirby

Well I'd like to say hello to you all and thanks for viewing this thread. Now we all know that a common stereotype of gamers is that we are fat and unhealthy or skin and bones. If this is you how about we change that stereotype!!! If you actually are pretty fit, why not get(what I'm trying to do) RIPPED? I don't have a degree or anything but I think this support group should help us get fit(or fit-er)!

This is the Smash Gym... here we talk with each other to help support each other to get fit, whether you are obese or lean, man or woman.

MEMBERSHIP IS EASY
Now with this thread, follow these steps and get started!

Step One: Describe your current body situation(weight... proportion of fat to muscle) and be HONEST. We wont care if your 300 pounds just make sure you tell us so we can help! Include your gender.
Step Two: What activities are you doing now to stay in shape? It's ok if it's nothing, we'll change that!!
Step Three: Any activities you love? Walking, swimming, running, skiiing, biking etc.
Step Four: Give a goal you want to reach.
Step Five: Do a pushup. Yes... Now.. One is sufficient =D
CONGRATS!, You are now a member of the SMASH GYM.
If you are SO compelled to not reveal your body situation or any of the above, you may pm me or do your own private research. I encourage you to get active though!
With this information we(myself and anyone who would like to contribute) will tailor a workout plan that you will follow, to achieve whatever goal you had in mind. Check the third post for updates. Feel free to take other peoples workouts and incorporate it into your own. Also help each other!

Report your completed workouts after you have them done. If you miss one it's ok, just make sure you are being honest with us.

Feel free to discuss your progress!

Here is a discussion group for social activity! http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=631

MEMBER GOALS!(your goal goes here)

TigerWoods: Sprint 100 meters in 11 seconds
Black Waltz: Make my rectus abdominis visible.
Zman:
My goal is to loose the fat around my gut and lovehandles.
Dawgbowl:
Kill a large percentage of my body fat, maybe a little bit of toned look.
Mythyx:
Just to shape up.
stabby2486: I want to speed up my digestion, I'm bloated most of the time which makes me look fat. And I want to get stronger as well.
Tlink_King_: Goal: 30 perfect consecutive Pushups
SamusBrawler:
Become somewhat active again =D
Zook:
Uh... Be able to do 40 pushups without stopping.
Mazaloth: Lets say hes going to work out with us =D
Victra:
Build some muscle and maybe lose so weight in the bum region.
Mini Mic:
I suppose just eating properly since I'm already in the routine or exercising.
Urdailywater:
I want a less fatty chess, and be able to knock somebody out with one punch.
TheSage:
I just want to be healthy and it's fun.
Adi:
Bench 180 (My max set is 125 now, don't know my maxout), not sure what a good goal for squatting/deadlift would be since I don't really do it much, maybe you can help out, get a fairly visible 6-pack and trim down on my excess fat.
Meta-Kirby:
Run 1 mile straight without stopping to walk. I want to do this SO BADLY!.
OmegaKoopa:
[FONT=&quot]What I hope to accomplish from all this is well... get bigger biceps, triceps and get a big noticeable 6 pack, basically what I'm trying to achieve is a ripped, muscular look, I want this because most of my life i've been skinny so to make up for my skinny appearnce a good muscular look would really help my appearance out, RIPPED![FONT=&quot]
Revised: [/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]One goal i wanna reach is... with my body type and height i should be competing at 155 rather then 170-175 area... and i would love to compete there.
xX Boezy Xx:
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]My goal is to be able to squat over 250 lbs at least 12 times, and to have some visible abs.
SugarShiek33:
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I want too lose 5 pounds and cut my 200m time to 20.75 (I'm at 21.26)
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Hall of Fame(for those who have completed one of their goals)

For all you smashers, try to do one push-up before every set of brawls you play. Yep, drop down before a tournament match. I want to start a new trend =D

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Good idea for a thread, I'll join.
1) 5'7", 150 pounds. I'm pretty average with a wide body and my chest is huge (not in a man-boob way) yet I can barely bench my weight. /shrug
2) I work out in my school weight room at least once a week, and do push-ups and crunches at home when bored.
3) Lifting free weights, karate
4) Make my rectus abdominis visible.
5) Yay.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
If you don't mind, I'll post your workouts here for everyone to see! I will formalize them(into what looks like mine) as you progress!

Member's Workouts:
Tigerwoods
My Workout(I've been doing this awhile so don't get intimidated)
Monday: Sprint 15 200meter dashes; 2 minute breaks in between.
Tuesday: SLow Jog 3 miles, lifting upperbody
Wednesday: Sprint 20 100meter dashes; 1 minute breaks in between.
Thursday: Slow Jog 3 miles, lifting lowerbody.
Friday: Pylometric/Abdominal Workouts
Saturday: Swimming with friends and streteching.
Sunday: Rest!! And some stretching.

Black Waltz
For the rectus abdominis remember that everone has a it, however it is usually under a layer of fat, which is normal. Too provide the best results, do exercises that will both remove the fat and build the muscle underneath. Remember there are 3 major exercise groups. Cardio(running, biking, swimming), Pylo(jumping, karate, explosive exercise), Strength(lifting, pushups, pullups).
You seem to have some pylo down for karate and strength down for lifting. Cardio is not necessarily necessary if you do pylo, however if you don't feel like you do enough pylo it can be a great idea to supplement it!
ZMan
Alright Zman it looks like your off to a good start. My suggestion is that you increase the distance/pace that you jog every week by just a little, but keep the amount of time you are out there the same. Helps if you have a friend! As for loosing the fat around the gut, I suggest that you add some pylo in if you want it to go faster. In case you don't know what that is, it is explosive style workouts that move you from a state of rest into hard action quickly. Box jumps are WONDERFUL at this, you can supplement your workouts by doing 3 sets of 10 everyday and slowly increasing every week(along with running). Also building your abdominal muscles is great, however if you have a layer of fat on top of the muscle you will only look fatter :laugh:. This is totally alright though, because the muscle underneath will eventually cause you to burn the fat on top of it, so don't be discourage if at first you look fatter(been there done that...). If you can try some pull-ups too... they are God's at making people fit. If you can't really do a good one(it took me awhile) you can just TRY really hard everyday(spend about like 4 minutes). It will come! Tell me about what you think and your free time so we can get you a formal workout!
Dawgbowl
Now for you dawgbowl, we'll fix you all up in no time! Since you want to start running, I suggest this: run one mile a day. It really doesn't need to be that fast; you should be quite tired at the end of it but not dying. It's ok if you're slow when you first start. HOWEVER, everyday make sure you run it a teeny bit faster. Even ONE second faster everyday works, because that way you will move your results up! Tell me if this is too easy/hard for you and I'll tweak it when you report it! I suggest you get into basketball as often as possible... you might as well have fun while burning calories! Oh and DDR works too... I tend to not rely on videogame workouts that much but it is ceartainly better for you than halo. As an on the go college student your nutrition is a hard thing to watch... =( I'm going to point out the obvious and make sure you eat a balanced diet. If you must snack try bananas, apples, yogurt(not the 50 pound loaded with sugar kind) and nuts. Don't have massive snacks, just a little of those betweens meals ought to be good. If you can try to get some salad in, but remember salads contain fat soluble vitamins, which means you NEED fat on your salad to reap it's benefits. Try eating salads with grilled chicken and dressing. If you enjoy other kinds of veggies steamed veggies are great, and as long as it's balanced don't be afraid to have some beaf etc. Ok I kind of forgot this stuff might be out of reach, so if you must buy ready-made food look for something along the lines I told you. Feel free to ask more if anything is unclear.
Mithx
Alright mythx, time to analyze you! If exercise biking is your thing, great! Try to mix up your work
outs(exercise bike on monday, treadmill on tuesday) to help get some variety in. Since you seem like a treadmill person, here are god tips for treadmills. #1 WARMUP first, start walking then a very light jog for around 10 minutes if you have the time. Now the next step depends on what kind of person you are(or better yet, do both on different days!). You can either heavy jog on it for awhile(it's up to you to decide how long... don't go below 12 though) or you can do the sprinter workout: You put the treadmill on a low speed for 2 minutes, then put it on a high speed(as high as you feel comfortable, but DON'T HURT YOURSELF) for a minute, then put it back down for 2 minutes etc. for as long as you feel comfortable(I wouldn't go below 4 sprints though). Oh, every treadmill-er hates this button but it IS going to be your "get results faster" button. This is the incline! During the sprints or jog, make sure you incline even if it is just a little, so that you will work harder. Don't incline your cooldown and warmup though! After that make sure you cool down by walking for 5 minutes to prevent some pulls, and heres some universal advice... STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH after every exercise and preferably whenever possible! So you wan't to have arm muscles eh?? Start off with pushups. This video will be your lifeline to them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72LtRcXR6g. If you can try to get some lifting in too for your arms, however make sure when you lift you are not at your favorite machine all day, make sure that you are getting variety workouts, so that your body will develop evenly. For starters I'd bench(talk to a friend/spotter and figure out a good starting weight), squat(same goes) and some free weight exercises(15 pounds should be good, however if it's too heavy do NOT be ashamed of lowering the weight, lifting something thats too hard will NOT help you).
Stabby2486(written by saggy_brown)
It's good that you have a little routine going on but you if you want to get stronger, you're going to have to mix things up a bit, you can't do the same thing every time. Right now you're doing push ups, but you might want to try bench press instead sometimes. Also, instead of crunches you could do sit ups while holding weights against your chest. It would also be nice to see you get some other muscle groups involved. About the feeling bloated, you might want to control your portion sizes or something. Let me know more about your dieting habits and I could get more in depth.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Alright BlackWaltz! Thanks for joining. Do you have specific times when you do your workouts? Or is it rather random. I have some ideas for you so far though!

You might already know this, but just incase you didn't:

For the rectus abdominis remember that everone has a it, however it is usually under a layer of fat, which is normal. Too provide the best results, do exercises that will both remove the fat and build the muscle underneath. Remember there are 3 major exercise groups. Cardio(running, biking, swimming), Pylo(jumping, karate, explosive exercise), Strength(lifting, pushups, pullups).

You seem to have some pylo down for karate and strength down for lifting. Cardio is not necessarily necessary if you do pylo, however if you don't feel like you do enough pylo it can be a great idea to supplement it!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
ZMan, age 16, 5'8", 198lbs (most of that is hair). My fat muscel ratio is like 7:3 :(. I walk a lot, and for staying in shape I jog around a half mile everyday and do 50 crunches and 50 pushups (this will change because I'm doing PE next semester). My goal is to loose the fat around my gut and lovehandles.

saggy_brown

Smash Cadet
I'll Join =), I'd like to also give some advice to helping people since I've been staying in shape for a long time, and I got some good info.

1. I'm 5'7, 135 pounds, pretty well defined and I have huge leg muscles(can almost dunk a basketball)

2. In order to stay in shape I run A LOT. My weekly mileage can get as high as the 60's. I also do some light weight workouts in the gym 3-4 times a week.

3. I love running and basketball.

4. My goal is to make it to the State Finals this year in Florida running a 2 mile race in about 9:50.

5. =)

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
1) 6'4 at 170, Beer gut, but average to thin build overall I guess. Trying to begin working off the beer gut maybe get a little toned. Arm strength is a big thing I need to work on.
2) I play DDR (cardio) disc golf/aka walking (cardio) and... want to start running.
3) Basketball is great, obviously DDR is an enjoyable game...
4) Kill a large percentage of my body fat, maybe a little bit of toned look.
5) Sort of a new years resolution >_> and although no one keeps them I am going to.

(Diet should be discussed here, I need to know WHAT TO EAT AS A ON-THE-GO COLLEGE STUDENT)

Mith_

Smash Champion
(Diet should be discussed here, I need to know WHAT TO EAT AS A ON-THE-GO COLLEGE STUDENT)
Zomg this. Seriously.
Only thing available to me really is burgers and fries when I'm on campus.

I will join once I start school. Here is my info though.

Step One: I'm 6'8", 280ish pounds. Trying to shave off some body fat and build arm muscle.
Step Two: DDR/Exercise Biking/Treadmill Running. I walk around campus a lot.
Step Three: DDR lols. I like soccer even though I haven't played in a while dude to ankle complications and bad conditioning.
Step Four: Just to shape up.
Step Five: Maybe later ;)

Smash Journeyman
1 : I don't have much body fat and I have a fast metabolism rate (I don't seem to gain any fat at all) but I have huge appetite and slow digestion rate.

2 : 3 sets of push ups and sit ups for one day then 3 sets of squats and pull ups the next with a couple hours rest between each exercise session. I usually just do enough of each exercise until I feel like my muscles are pulsing.

3 : I walk around aimlessly when bored.

4 : I want to speed up my digestion, I'm bloated most of the time which makes me look fat. And I want to get stronger as well.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh....... that's..... really tall.

I like this idea though =D
And I would join, but I'm not about to go running in the winter...

*Sigh*
Stupid Canada...

Maybe I'll find an alternative =D

Amide

Smash Lord
Male. 105 Pounds and about 5 feet 8. 8th grade.

I have no idea why I'm so thin, because I seriously think I overeat. Physically I really don't think I'm that strong, and I think I'm the geekiest kid that won the physical fitness award last year in school. (I suck at sports though)

To stay in shape: I do winter and spring track, I'm a sprinter.

Goal: 30 perfect consecutive Pushups

*Does step five*

OOF! Well I'm fine.

Workouts? Eww

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh I guess I forgot my info =D

Step One: Male, 6'0", about 160, I'm not really out of shape or anything, I played Volleyball for 5 years, I just want to prevent myself from getting out of shape =D
Step Two: Nothing at all, which is why I'm here =D
Step Three: I love Beach Volleyball, but I lack Beaches here, and warmth, I don't have a car so I can't drive to a gym and running outside at this time of the year is out of the question
Step Four: Become somewhat active again =D
Step Five: Do a pushup. Yes... Now.. One is sufficient =D

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
1) I'm 5'10, 135 pounds. I'm mostly skin, bone, and hair. Little muscle or fat.
2) Uh, I take Phys. Ed? Otherwise, I like taking walks, and do pushups when I'm bored and alone.
3) Swimming (too hairy to join swim team), running, walking
4) Uh... Be able to do 40 pushups without stopping.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Height: 5.4"
Weight: 117 Lbs.
BMI: Normal (20.231)
Most of me is muscle, though I do look skinny I am actually very strong and have a 6 pack(Though it could be more developed)
I can bench about 150 Lbs, 53 push ups, 112 crunches, and 30 pull ups, my mile run time is 7 minutes 52 seconds. I do several Martial arts and like to do Parkour. I can swim well also.
------------------------------------------------------

My Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday-Sun: 50 push ups immediatly after waking up, followed by 100 crunches.
45 push ups at night before bed, 80 crunches afterwards. Followed by 2 hours of meditation. (usually Mantra)

Mon-Thurs: TaeKwonDo and Judo lessons.(1 hour and 30 mins every day)

Tuesday-Wed: Kumdo lessons (1 hour).

Thursday-Sun: Parkour, at least 3 hours a day.

On school days I do Cross Country.

Notes:
~~~~~
*Sometimes I slack, but it is a solid training, and it will build all muscles. Though it is costly and devotes lots of time.
*I eat a lot, and when I mean a lot, I mean A LOT! About 4000 calories a day....
* I'm adament in my training, a I take it very seriously
----
Goals:
* Eat less, eat only 3000 per day.
* Climb Sleeping Giant Mountain in less then 17 minutes.
* Don't slack on the schedule.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This is one fantastic idea.
1) Im 5'4 and 125 pounds. Im not fat or skinny. Just kinda inbetween :3
2) I usually work out in a gym after school. Usually with cardio and flexibility. That kinda stuff.
3) Walking, swimming, melee fox dittos, etc.
4) Build some muscle and maybe lose so weight in the bum region.
5) *oof* kk. xD

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Neat idea.

1. 6'1 and a half, 164 pounds, 5.2% body fat. I've been going to gym for a while now so I'm already pretty fit.

2. Gym 4 times a week: 15 mins running on tread mill, 15 mins on X trainer, about 1,500 meters rowing, 30 - 40 chin ups, 50 push ups in a row then another 40 or so, 30 - 40 bicep curls each arm, bench press, lat pull downs, leg press, stretches, 60 - 80 crunches on a 30 - 45 degree angle and a few other machines I can't remember.

3. I like my weights stuff

4. I suppose just eating properly since I'm already in the routine or exercising.

5. Done and done.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Step One: Currently around 5'10 (or 11, can't remember >.>) and am 170. I'm kind of chubby, and kind of manboobish. Not sure how to explain it. I guess you can say I'm pretty skinny, but still if you touch my belly all you feel is fat. My legs are the most ripped thing on my body.

Step Two: Sometimes when I'm bored I'll use the simple workout gym I got for Christmas. Before I would just do crunches whenever I was watching a movie. Also, whenever I get bored with nothing to do I'll just go take my bike and take it out for a ride (or when I feel like I've been eating to much lately ><)

Step Three: I like swimming. No swimming pool within reach. Hate the beach to. I'm not taking my shirt off in front of any people, just to get eaten by a shark. Biking is fun, sort of.

Step Four: I want a less fatty chess, and be able to knock somebody out with one punch.

Step Five: I can't do a pushup. Or at least not a full one XD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This is a really cool idea Tiger.

I'll come join later once I'm back from my stupid trip. :mad:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
My weight varies from 190 - 205 pounds. Kinda chubby. If I lost 10 pounds I'd have a flat stomach though.

I'm on my school's swim team so I do swimming workouts. It's my first year. When I'm not in that I go to the gym almost every day after school. I would run a mile.

I like swimming, biking, and playing football outside.

I just want to be healthy and it's fun.

I did two pushups cuz I'm special.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm liking this thread already and I haven't completly read it all lol, anyway hre is what I plan to achieve:

Step One: I'm 6'1, male, weigh about 150 pounds, I'm skinny with some muscles on my biceps with a bit of adominals, I don't really have any lean muscles elsewhere besides my arms.

Step Two: Well let's see, I'm currently lift two 15 pound dumbells for about 5 to 10 minutes on each arms (yes nonstop!), I do at least 100 push-ups a day using a device called the Perfect Pushup I do cheat a bit by not doing them on my knees rather than on my feet, and I sometimes using a device called The AB Rocket, I don't use it much but I try to use whenever I feel like it. My workout consists of at least 1 hour a day at night.

Step Three: Hmm... let's see I love to bike ride, I like to run though I haven't ran in ages as an activity.

Step Four: What I hope to accomplish from all this is well... get bigger biceps, triceps and get a big noticeable 6 pack, basically what I'm trying to achieve is a ripped, muscular look, I want this because most of my life i've been skinny so to make up for my skinny appearnce a good muscular look would really help my appearance out, RIPPED!

Step Five: (Goes to the floor and does one easily)(Done lol...)

I hope this helps to see how I workout, any comments or new workouts that would help me develop in these areas would certaintly be appreaciated. :)

Adi

Smash Lord
Step One: I'm 6'2, male, 165 pounds. I'm pretty lean all of my muscles are average, but just that.
Step Two: I just started going to the gym, I'm trying to go 3-4 times a week but I've been busy lately so I haven't. Before that I used to do Karate a lot, almost became a blackbelt.
Step Three: I kinda enjoy running but it's way too cold in New York to run so I'm not about to do that =p.
Step Four: Bench 180 (My max set is 125 now, don't know my maxout), not sure what a good goal for squatting/deadlift would be since I don't really do it much, maybe you can help out, get a fairly visible 6-pack and trim down on my excess fat.
Step Five: Erm.. alright (does a pushup while my parents stare curiously at me)

Aight I've just been getting into working out and even tho karate gave me good endurance and concentration I'm surprised how little physical strength I actually gained from it. I definetely want to improve on that aspect now. Thanks ahead of time.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Ok guys here are some suggestions we will formalize workouts soon. BTW feel free to take advice I gave to someone else as your own. :chuckle:

Alright Zman it looks like your off to a good start. My suggestion is that you increase the distance/pace that you jog every week by just a little, but keep the amount of time you are out there the same. Helps if you have a friend! As for loosing the fat around the gut, I suggest that you add some pylo in if you want it to go faster. In case you don't know what that is, it is explosive style workouts that move you from a state of rest into hard action quickly. Box jumps are WONDERFUL at this, you can supplement your workouts by doing 3 sets of 10 everyday and slowly increasing every week(along with running). Also building your abdominal muscles is great, however if you have a layer of fat on top of the muscle you will only look fatter :laugh:. This is totally alright though, because the muscle underneath will eventually cause you to burn the fat on top of it, so don't be descourage if at first you look fatter(been there done that...). If you can try some pullups too... they are God's at making people fit. If you can't really do a good one(it took me awhile) you can just TRY really hard everyday(spend about like 4 minutes). It will come! Tell me about what you think and your freetime so we can get you a formal workout!

Now for you
dawgbowl, we'll fix you all up in no time! Since you want to start running, I suggest this: run one mile a day. It really doesn't need to be that fast; you should be quite tired at the end of it but not dying. It's ok if you're slow when you first start. HOWEVER, everyday make sure you run it a teeny bit faster. Even ONE second faster everyday works, because that way you will move your results up! Tell me if this is too easy/hard for you and I'll tweak it when you report it! I suggest you get into basketball as often as possible... you might as well have fun while burning calories! Oh and DDR works too... I tend to not rely on videogame workouts that much but it is ceartainly better for you than halo. As an on the go college student your nutrition is a hard thing to watch... =( I'm going to point out the obvious and make sure you eat a balanced diet. If you must snack try bananas, apples, yogurt(not the 50 pound loaded with sugar kind) and nuts. Don't have massive snacks, just a little of those betweens meals ought to be good. If you can try to get some salad in, but remember salads contain fat soluble vitamins, which means you NEED fat on your salad to reap it's benefits. Try eating salads with grilled chicken and dressing. If you enjoy other kinds of veggies steamed veggies are great, and as long as it's balanced don't be afraid to have some beaf etc. Ok I kind of forgot this stuff might be out of reach, so if you must buy ready-made food look for something along the lines I told you. Feel free to ask more if anything is unclear.

Alright mythx, time to analyze you! If exercise biking is your thing, great! Try to mix up your work
outs(exercise bike on monday, treadmill on tuesday) to help get some variety in. Since you seem like a treadmill person, here are god tips for treadmills. #1 WARMUP first, start walking then a very light jog for around 10 minutes if you have the time. Now the next step depends on what kind of person you are(or better yet, do both on different days!). You can either heavy jog on it for awhile(it's up to you to decide how long... don't go below 12 though) or you can do the sprinter workout: You put the treadmill on a low speed for 2 minutes, then put it on a high speed(as high as you feel comfortable, but DON'T HURT YOURSELF) for a minute, then put it back down for 2 minutes etc. for as long as you feel comfortable(I wouldn't go below 4 sprints though). Oh, every treadmill-er hates this button but it IS going to be your "get results faster" button. This is the incline! During the sprints or jog, make sure you incline even if it is just a little, so that you will work harder. Don't incline your cooldown and warmup though! After that make sure you cool down by walking for 5 minutes to prevent some pulls, and heres some universal advice... STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH after every exercise and preferably whenever possible! So you wan't to have arm muscles eh?? Start off with pushups. This video will be your lifeline to them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X72LtRcXR6g. If you can try to get some lifting in too for your arms, however make sure when you lift you are not at your favorite machine all day, make sure that you are getting variety workouts, so that your body will develop evenly. For starters I'd bench(talk to a friend/spotter and figure out a good starting weight), squat(same goes) and some free weight exercises(15 pounds should be good, however if it's too heavy do NOT be ashamed of lowering the weight, lifting something thats too hard will NOT help you).

I'll edit this and get the rest of you in here soon, till then try and find what applies to you and use untill I get to you!

M.K

Level 55
1. I am a 5'10" and 207 lbs 15-year old boy. You wouldn't look at me and say "Wow, he's fat". I've got a muscular build but I am still chubby. My face is thin and my legs are freaking RIPPED, harder than a rock (diving does that to you)

2. I am a Junior Olympic Springboard Diver, and I work out 5 times a week for 2 hours each. This involves diving (obviously), stretching, upper-body workouts, etc. I also visit the local YMCA occasionally for a work-out that consists primarily of cardio.

3. I love diving, and I LOVE the elliptical machine. It's a good exercise and I think it's fun! I don't really like running...at all, but once I finish, I'm very proud of myself.

4. Run 1 mile straight without stopping to walk. I want to do this SO BADLY!.

5. *does a push-up* FALCON PUSH-UP!!!!!

*extra side note* I cannot run on a treadmill. Something about being confined in a tiny running space (and the fact that my gym has very thin treadmills) forces me to run on a circular track, which isn't bad at all. Just an FYI.

G@BE

Smash Lord
1. I am 5'10 flexing from 170 to 180 a week... my body is weird lol I have a body builders body.

2. For the last year i have been practicing Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I started doing competitions for it recently and did fairly well my frist one. :D

3. Tell me that i can't do something and i will usually do it. I hate running and I can't ever find time to do exercise outside of Training. Which i know i have plenty of time to do a lot heh

4. One goal i wanna reach is... with my body type and height i should be competing at 155 rather then 170-175 area... and i would love to compete there.

EDIT
5. I forgot to do a push up.... -=does push up=-

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
1. I'm 5'8 and weigh a little over 150 lbs. I'm not super muscular, not really skinny, nor am I fat. I'm kinda in the middle I guess...

2. I regularly play lacrosse at least two times a week, and I try to go to the gym 6-7 times a week.

3. I actually really love lifting weights. I can't get enough of it. But, that's also my problem...I really only work my arms and back. My legs and abs are often neglected.

4. My goal is to be able to squat over 250 lbs at least 12 times, and to have some visible abs. I rarely squat but I'm trying to work it in more. If anyone has tips on other good leg workouts, that'd really help me out too :D

Also...*Does a push-up*

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Yeah, so I know know that I can do 30 pull ups.

Edit: Right so I made a goal. I want to be able to climb Sleeping Giant Mountain in less then 15 minutes.
I want to eat less too, Probably cut down to 3000 calories a day.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
Sugars workout plan

1. I'm 5'5, 135 and I'm muscular build (I want my 8 pack back :() I'm a boy, 20 years old
2.Monday, track workout 2 warm up laps, stretch, bleachers, leg drills. Then I do a 2 mile run, and 2 warm down laps
Tuesday, same thing but I do a ladder on the track (100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 500m, 600m, then I go down lol)
Wednesday, I work on my main event, 200m dash I run about 5 at 75% and the last one i do at 100%
then I just repeat this whole thing over the course of a week.
3. I love running, swimming(not good at it though) and video games.
4. I want too lose 5 pounds and cut my 200m time to 20.75 (I'm at 21.26)
5. (does push-up) Yeah!!!

I'm look forward too reaching my goals!

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wow thanks guys! Didn't expect this great of a turnout! (I'm not complaining trust me)

It'll take me awhile to get too you all(I'm planning 3 a day?) so if your waiting for your evaluation read up on other peoples stuff. Check on each other and lets create a generation of ripped smashers!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I noticed that you're recommending a lot of people to do running and stuff. My family has a history of knee problems. My mom was a runner and a soccer player before she started having them. If you feel pain in your knees when you run (I'm not talking about the feeling tired, but the my knees feel sore while the rest of my body isn't tired thing) then get really good shoes. If you don't feel pain still get the shoes. If you still feel pain after the shoes, try to get cardio another way I guess. That's why I picked up swimming.

Can anyone explain why my weight is fluctuating so much? My diet and the amount of exercise I get is the same. The only variable is the amount of sleep I get, but it happened to me over the summer when I got more than enough sleep.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
K, back. This will be fun. :bee:

Step One: Male, around 125 pounds, 5'6. I wouldn't know my muscle/fat ratio. Lean but muscular?

Step Two: I go to the gym, usually, three times a week. 100 crunches, 10 minute runs, random weightlifting. No regimen though, I call it freelancing.

Step Three: DDR Wii...?

Step Four: Be one of the more noticeable hot guys on the off chance I'm entered into my high school's Mrs. America spoof. :p

Step Five: Done.

CONGRATS!, You are now a member of the SMASH GYM.
*flails in joy*

I'm looking forward to working out with you people - should provide some decent initiative whenever I go to the gym.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
ok, so here's me

Step One: 21 year old male, 5'10" and 185-195 pounds (I fluctuate a lot). I used to weigh 250, but I've lost weight because I'm eating better than I was. Still, I'm not in shape at all... :/
Step Two: I'm not really doing anything. I haven't been to the gym in almost 3 years. I do go to college on a mountain so I do a lot of walking (helped with the weight loss), but I'm not very active.
Step Three: I've always liked playing tennis. I'm awful, but it's fun. Not one for running, but if it'll help I'll give it a shot.
Step Four: Well, I'd like to lose more fat and put on some muscle, especially upper body. I was playing drums on rock band yesterday and woke up really sore, which shouldn't happen:embarrass
Step Five: ok, done :)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Went to gym for the first time in close to two weeks (been closed because of the holidays), it was much harder than I remember lol.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Oh, and just a note. To share some knowledge.

*When you become soar from your exercises it is because you are tearing you muscles down, and the body then has to build them back up stronger then before. So even if it hurts, one must still keep exercising to maximize amount of muscle being build.

*Vains: When you work out, you will see that your vains increase in size and it protrudes. This is caused because when you exert yourself, you need more water and oxygen to your muscles. Therefore, your vains need to open up to let more blood flow so that the organs can get sufficant amount of water and blood.

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
Step One: I am about 150 lbs, Male, and I like going to movies followed by a calm dinner.
Step Two: I am doing Tai Chi, well, I am in the learning phase of it. I used to jog every night also, but, the cold has ended that for me, along with my most recent knee injury
Step Three: I love fighting crime. I also like taking walks, I spend about an hour a day walking to and an hour a day walking back from work.
Step Four: I don't want to be strong, and i dont want muscles. I don't really care if I can run a marathon. I am not looking to lose weight or gain it. I just want to maintain good heath, and I feel that at this point in time, I am underachieving.
Step Five: No, I am taking a rain check. ;p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oh, and just a note. To share some knowledge.

*When you become soar from your exercises it is because you are tearing you muscles down, and the body then has to build them back up stronger then before. So even if it hurts, one must still keep exercising to maximize amount of muscle being build.
Hmm.. when I started working out a year ago, I always wondered why my muscles would get following the next day, but then I learned that it was because it's actually developing bigger muscles, you might think i'm strange but I actaully like the 'sore feeling; after an intense workout

Went to gym for the first time in close to two weeks (been closed because of the holidays), it was much harder than I remember lol.
That's because you body has gotten out of shape a bit, therefore you're not as used to doing it as before, same happened to me during December, I recently started working out again and man did I feel sore all over.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Step One: I am 5'4" 112 lbs - female. I'm quite a skinny person, and I've lost most of my muscle since I've been out of the military. I really don't have any excess fat, though I eat a ton, I don't really know why, I am very frequently hungry, even if I've just had a large meal, about an hour later I'll be hungry again. I really don't know anything about diet so any tips would be great!
Step Two: I am big on hiking. I take 3 - 4 hour hikes along the river with my dog every couple of days. Other than that I just do push ups and sit ups when I'm bored. I used to be very active with martial arts and sports and the like, but a recent spinal injury restricts my activities now. I love to swim but I don't have access to that right now.
Step Three: Hiking, outdoorsy type exercise, stuff I can do with my dog. I do enjoy doing sit ups and push ups while listening to music.
Step Four: As a goal I think I'd want to build my arm and stomach muscles up a bit so I'm not so skinny, and learn how to regulate my diet so I'm not always so dang hungry all the time.
Step Five: Done :)

Top Bottom