• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

02.21.09 Vayseth's All-Wii-Fighter Tournament! Ann Arbor MI (SSBB, TvC, Naruto EX3)

Vayseth

Smash Master

First tournament at Get Your Game On of the new year! We've got some changes! We've added Tatsunoko vs Capcom! Soul Calibur fans might be disappointed but TL_Crow is holding biweeklies again meaning you should head over to his tournaments! Check 8-Way-Run or Caluibur Forums for details!

Date/Times

The next tournament will be taking place on Saturday, February 21st! I know there's not going to be one in January but something came up at the store and we can't do much about it =( Come back because we are finally once again an all Wii fighting game tournament!!

Registration @ 12 pm until 1 pm. If you are bringing a set up I would like you to be here sometime around 12 noon. I will register people in two waves. First between 12 pm and 1 pm (and before each tournament) and again at 5 pm for the later tournaments. Thanks!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: 1 pm!

Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3: 3 pm!

Brawl Singles: 5 pm!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: 6 pm!

These are approximate times.

Venue:

Get Your Game On
709 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Homepage here
Map here
The map included above shows where to find free parking as well as food places directly surrounding Get Your Game On. If you cannot find free parking, there are meters outside the store which are $0.50 an hour for 10 total hours. However, after 6 pm it is free so you can just load the meter until 6 pm.

Price:

*Venue fee: $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person
Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 Singles: $2 per person
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: $5 per person

POSSIBLE SIDE TOURNAMENT:

Street Fighter 4: $1 per person.*

Payout is standard 60%/30%/10% for all events. Percentages may change based on turnout.

*SF4 will be played if there is time, enough people, and at least one set up that does not conflict with the other headlining tournaments. It will occur AFTER TvC has completed. No exceptions.

*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WHOLE set up (wii w/ game + a TV). Venue fee may also include some food and drinks. Details TBA. Only a limited number of set ups will be allowed. Please let me know if you are bringing one.

The $5 venue fee can be paid via trade ins. Aka, old games/systems/whatever, can be traded in to the store as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn't take it in) and their number is available on their website (above). So, take advantage of this offer!

Venue Rules:

1. Respect the Venue- Please pick up your trash and try not to throw controllers, kick chairs, or anything that may do damage to the venue. Anything that is broken or any trash that is left is then my responsibility and I will glare at you for a long time *glare*. Aka, I'll take money out of the pot to fix it and EVERYONE will kill you.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED INSIDE OR ON THE PREMISES. IF IT IS FOUND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a game store which caters to all ages, be respectful and do not make a fool out of yourself.
3. Smoking cigarettes is allowed right outside the building. Just try not to crowd the door so customers can get inside.
4. The tournament will be held in the basement (2 rooms!) which will be our space. The upstairs is a game store so please go up stairs to pick up any new games or drinks/snacks if you wish. In general though, be respectful of the other customers.
5. HAVE FUN! This is something really cool for Ann Arbor and for fans of these games all over. Let's keep it up so we can keep running them every month!
6. I will NOT TOLERATE unsportsmanlike conduct. There will be no insulting, coaching, or verbal abuse of any kind during tournament matches. Coaching is allowed between matches only. If I catch you doing any of the above, you will get a warning. Doing it again will result in you being kicked out.
7. There are no refunds on the venue fee. If you have to leave early and cannot enter a tournament that you paid for, I can give you a refund ONLY if you have not played a single match in the tournament. If you have played at all, I will not give you a refund.
8. If I am busy (ESPECIALLY if I am in a match) wait until I am done to talk to me.
9. Anything you bring is YOUR responsibility. If anything is lost or broken myself, nor the venue take any responsibility for it. Keep an eye on your stuff and make sure you take care of other people's TVs, systems, etc.

Therefore, this list basically says: Be respectful to those around you and have fun...

...or I'll KILL YOU (jks =P).

Out of State Housing:

If you would like to come to this from out of state, there may be a place for you to stay in the Ann Arbor area. Post in the thread and someone might be able to help you!

Game Rules:

ALL EVENTS ARE DOUBLE ELIMINATION. Nearly everything else is different.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

This tournament follows the basic outline of the rules set by the SBR. Details of the rules can be found here.

However, the stage list will be rather different. Here is the stage list for this tournament:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Poke'mon Stadium 1

They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Norfair
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2

You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.

Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.

If you use any controller styles that use the wiimote you will be responsible for removing the batteries inbetween your matches. Failure to do so can result in a DQ.

In addition to the SBR rules, King Dedede's standing infinite and walking/nudging chaingrabs will be banned. Any chain grab done with King Dedede MUST include a dash between each grab. Standing infinites include: the no-wall infinites on Samus, Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong; the ledge infinite on King Dedede, Bowser, Wolf, etc; the walking nudging chaingrab on Wario, Ganondorf, Wolf, Bowser, etc. Any chain grabs done in place on moving platforms or against a wall are legal, as these are only temporary stage-specific occurrences and no legal stages have permanent walls.

The previous rule does not prohibit any form of grab release set ups, combos, infinites, etc.

Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3:

2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches
All Finals 3/5 Matches
99 second time
Random Stages
Winner keeps character.
Loser chooses another character (If they want)
Damage Setting - 3
Crisis Mode - On
Hand Seals - Off
Stage Transition - Off
Obstacles - Off
If using Wiimote make sure to remove your batteries from Controller or you will be DQ if it interferes with another Tournament Match!
Gaara's BT Up+A on wakeup is banned from tournament play

Tatsunoko vs Capcom:

1. All characters are allowed, all options on default.
2. Handicap set to 3 stars.
3. Purposely doing any glitch that stops the game from being played are banned.
3. 2 out of 3 games, winner keeps team, loser may change.
4. If the Firey Ruins stage is selected randomly, either player may opt to rerun the random stage select to get a different one. This is a courtesy to colorblind people playing on possibly poor TVs.

Other Forum Pages:

Willvolution: http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7596
All is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4221
SRK: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=171462
SmashWordForums: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213466

Alright guys, that seems to be it! Let me know if I forgot anything and I will update it accordingly! See you all there!!

SYSTEM PREREG LIST:

Because I only have a limited number of space for set ups, systems to get rid of the venue fee are going to have to be preregistered. I would appreciate it if those who bring a set up can try to bring a power strip too, since the plug situation will be easier to manage this way.

BRING THE REMOTES FOR YOUR TVs. IF YOUR TV CANNOT BE STARTED BECAUSE SOMEONE CHANGED THE CHANNEL AND YOU CAN'T GET IT WORKING AGAIN YOUR SET UP WILL BE NULL AND VOID. BRING REMOTES.

BRAWL Set Ups:
1. Toph
2. What's the Point
3. ORI_BRO
4. Juggleguy

Tatsunoko vs Capcom Set Ups:
1. SamuraiPanda

Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 Set Ups:
1. Vayseth
2. a guy i kno

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
wow vay i should think of some john not to show maybe ill go to Chicago?
jkjk i might show i get back to u on it

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Vayseth i see some errors
- the date says 1-30-08 its 09
- 30th = friday people have school

i can bring a brawl or naruto setup u choose

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll try to make this and hopefully bring some people with me.

I'll try to convince my bro to come with me for Naruto. lol

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
dude, my birthday is jan 30th. maybe i should try to hitch a ride with dk.

and if I do come, I demand a all nana naruto tournament in honor of "heart nana." since his birthday is actually on the 31st...

vayvay, make it happen.

oh and someone force anther to come to this...

because i said so...

thanks!!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
dude, my birthday is jan 30th. maybe i should try to hitch a ride with dk.

and if I do come, I demand a all nana naruto tournament in honor of "heart nana." since his birthday is actually on the 31st...

vayvay, make it happen.

oh and someone force anther to come to this...

because i said so...

thanks!!!
How could we force Anther to go to a tournament that's a whole 10 minutes from him? I think that may be impossible.

Vayseth

Smash Master
dude, My Birthday Is Jan 30th. Maybe I Should Try To Hitch A Ride With Dk.

And If I Do Come, I Demand A All Nana Naruto Tournament In Honor Of "heart Nana." Since His Birthday Is Actually On The 31st...

Vayvay, Make It Happen.

Oh And Someone Force Anther To Come To This...

Because I Said So...

Thanks!!!
Web. You'd Better Come.

Cha0s Finale

Smash Cadet
zOMG, Tatsunoko vs Capcom looks like such a great game. I may just have to mod my Wii for it. Urgh....I wanna play it!

If my money situation corrects itself and weather holds, ill see about having me and the friends come down.

But, zOMG! Tatsunoko vs Capcom! :psycho:

Vayseth

Smash Master
I like keeping everything on the Wii, and TvC is actually decent, meaning I can have a varied turnout while keeping everything on the wii. I <3 it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
HEY, new rule changes. I've updated the brawl stage list as well as added new rules. They are highlighted with a *NEW* icon.

:bumper:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
As a heads up, CoT4 is that day... which some of us may go to... but I'm not sure if we are...

Vayseth

Smash Master
:bumper:

HOLY GOD this was on the 3rd page.

This tournament might actually be the last one I host. Anyone interested in taking this venue to do monthly tournaments is welcome to PM me and apply to.

Top Bottom