• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

grab release>Uair/sweet Knee on ivysaur (we should look into this imo)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I tested this and it works as far as I tested. Ivysaur couldn't airdodge in time (to avoid the arial).

The sweet knee might turn out not to work (ivysaur may be able to just avoid it) but I'm pretty sure the Uair is inescapable.

My testing alone may not suffice, so I ask everyone to test this for a second test.

If this works, this could mean falcon can do very well against PT.
with a CG on squirtle and these possible grab release combo's on ivysaur, charizard may be the biggest threat.

We should look into this imo

Edit: We may be able to Dair launch/spike or Nair ivy after the grab release.
If we can Dair spike, we might be able to CG him like wario (from like 15-50%) but we'll see:)

Edit2: acoording to my testing, a small CG is possible on ivysaur. The CG goes like this:
grab>grab release>SH AC flub knee>regrab repeat.

but more testing is required.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
O shnitzel
Cool combo, i'll have to try this out.
Now we just need 1 on Snake..

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
makes me wanna try out that technique on ivysaur. Maybe it could work on otherr characters as well.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
makes me wanna try out that technique on ivysaur. Maybe it could work on otherr characters as well.
Oh hi thar chompy. Ur the diddy at Play N Trade :D

Hi, I was there too, a snake mainer.

But yes, this is nice. Too bad there aren't that many PT users, and even then you'll see ivy 1/3 of the time.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Jump out don't air dodge. It seems you can jump out of these things before you can air dodge.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Jump out don't air dodge. It seems you can jump out of these things before you can air dodge.

This, but this also can work in your favor...

because if they start jumping out of these things, then you can just start predicting the jump with a uair/RARd Bair/ Knee if your lucky

Top Bottom