• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Counterpick and Ban Stages

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Originally J4PU's thread, and I asked him if I could remake it.

Please contribute what you think should be CP'ed or what will likely be CP'ed against Falco if you have ample prior experience with that character or good factual character stats to back up why you think so. Please no "CP this stage because I always play my friend's "character" and he sucks at it".

Char.
Counter picks in order from best CP option to worst CP option (it should still be good since it's a CP)
Opponent's likely CP's in order from Falco's worst stage to best stage
stages that might belong in this list but have not yet been thoroughly confirmed

Bowser
-JJapes, FD
-Norfair

C. Falcon
-JJapes, FD
-BF, Luigi's Mansion, Delfino

Diddy Kong
-JJapes, BF
-FD

Donkey Kong
-FD, JJapes
-Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi Pipes

Fox
-FD, JJapes
-Corneria

Ganondorf
-JJapes, FD
-Pirate Ship

Ice Climbers
-Rainbow Cruise, BF
-FD

Ike
-JJapes, FD
-Lylat, Pirate Ship

Jigglypuff
-, JJapes
-Delfino, Halberd, Rainbow

King Dedede
-JJapes, FD
-Lylat, Delfino

Kirby
-FD
-Rainbow, Delfino, Halberd

Link
-JJapes
-

Lucario
-Green Greens, FD
-Frigate Orpheon, Luigi's Mansion

Lucas
-JJapes, FD
-Norfair, Brinstar

Luigi
-JJapes, FD
-Rainbow Cruise, BF

Mario
-JJapes, FD
-

Marth
-FD, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), JJapes
-Delfino, BF

Meta Knight
-JJapes, FD
-Rainbow Cruise, Delfino

Mr. Game & Watch
-JJapes, BF
-Rainbow Cruise, Frigate

Ness
-JJapes, FD
-Pirate Ship, Corneria

Olimar
-JJapes, FD, Frigate
-Luigi's Mansion, Norfair

Peach
-FD JJapes
-Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise

Pikachu
-JJapes, BF
- FD

Pit
-JJapes,Yoshi's Island
-Port Town, Norfair, Delfino

Pokemon Trainer
-JJapes, FD
-

R.O.B.
-Green Greens
-Frigate, Delfino Plaza, Port Town

Samus
-FD, JJapes
-Lylat, Delfino, Norfair

Sheik
-JJapes, FD
-

Snake
-JJapes, FD
-Brinstar, Battlefield

Sonic
-JJapes
-Frigate

Toon Link
-JJapes, Green Greens
-Lylat, Delfino

Wario
-BF, FD
-Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria

Wolf
-JJapes, BF
-Brinstar, Pirate Ship, Norfair

Yoshi
-JJapes, FD
-Lylat

Zelda
-FD, JJapes
-Luigi's Mansion

Zero Suit Samus
-JJapes, FD
-

Denzi

Smash Master
I can't really see any advantages that Wario will have against Falco on Corneria

Small blast zones (esp. the ceiling) + Wario's Fsmash And Uair = not so much fun. Also, the slants/hills/fins/whatever mess with laser and Phantasm game. So it's not necessarily a good falco stage to begin with.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm curious, since I didn't know green greens was good against ROB. Why is that?
I wondered this also. Then I looked at the rob boards

"Another deceptively bad stage; while edgeguarding is great for ROB, dying at extremely low % isn't, and that's what happens on this stage to anyone that plays it. Your projectiles are nerfed and you are forced to come in at odd angles, often with your blind spot exposed. This stage can be pretty rough on ROB." - Overswarm

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Delfino is a potential CP Marth might choose, it's where I take Falco when I'm Marth. Basically BF for the most part which is nice for Marth, but there are loads of changes that can facilitate a Dtilt trap for Marth. All the weird terrain and stuff messes around with Falco's CG and lasers, and although some changes can benefit Falco, I find that the nature of the level makes it far easier for Marth.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I wondered this also. Then I looked at the rob boards

"Another deceptively bad stage; while edgeguarding is great for ROB, dying at extremely low % isn't, and that's what happens on this stage to anyone that plays it. Your projectiles are nerfed and you are forced to come in at odd angles, often with your blind spot exposed. This stage can be pretty rough on ROB." - Overswarm
Thanks. I'll try this out next time I verse ROB. But what does it mean by dying at extremely low %?

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
why is luigi's mansion listed both as your CP and snakes' CP?
i don't think you should try to CP LM against snake, because falco (or at least my falco lol) blows on that stage. did you list it because of the high ceiling?

also, picking corneria against D3=not a smart choice

Player-3

Smash Hero
Japes is a VERY good stage for DK, so i dont know if that should be in there for a CP, its good for both characters, but DK is one of the only (if not only) chars who can kill off the top using Usmash, and his recovery lets him live a long time + weight, he can down cargo throw into a klap trap spike if he knows the times, and stuff like that..

all in all, i wouldnt cp a dk to japes

Edit:
WHERES CAPTAIN FALCON?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
also, picking corneria against D3=not a smart choice
As long as you don't get caught getting CG'd under the fin, you'll be fine. The low ceiling helps you way more then it helps him, and once I CG spiked a D3 into the Great Fox laser for the kill. But japes is a much better choice anyways

C falcon is on there...

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
As long as you don't get caught getting CG'd under the fin, you'll be fine. The low ceiling helps you way more then it helps him, and once I CG spiked a D3 into the Great Fox laser for the kill. But japes is a much better choice anyways

C falcon is on there...
thing is, against almost every good D3 ive played, once they got a % lead, goes over to the fin and camps there.
also, the spike into laser is VERY situational.

as for low ceiling...well that's the only good thing i see that's good for falco in corneria, other than the fact that he can camp okay in this stage. thing is, i'd almost prefer smashville over corneria vs. a D3, because remember, we got an advantage on him already, but that's just my preference i guess.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Battlefield really screws Pikachu over, so that would probably be a good bet if they ban japes. The platforms mess up their thunder and thunder jolt spam which is a pretty big part of pikachu's game.

§witch

Smash Lord
Ganon will probably do best on pirate ship. One, no chain spikes, and two, ganon water spikes are nasty, once he spikes you into the water once, it's over.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, we're finishing up Falco this week. Here's our info.

:falco: Falco
Counterpick: Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar
Ban: Jungle Japes
Just reverse the info no?

Though I feel we should ban a few more stages...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So, we're finishing up Falco this week. Here's our info.

Just reverse the info no?

Though I feel we should ban a few more stages...
Isn't Peach actually generally good on Japes? I'm not saying she's better than Falco there, but I'd rather take her on FD than Japes. That's just me though... still you should add FD to the ban list against Falco.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah I didn't like it when I cp japes against Rowans peach. He lived until forever. Not to mention the only reason to go to **** is to spike people in the water. The only was you're spiking peach in the water is if you grab he at the edge. You can't cg her and the "new pillar" thing doesn't work she just smacks you in the face.

And for Ike you should ban pirate ship. If not ike can camp in the water all day. He will wait for you to come out, use his up b, he get spiked under the water, then he dairs you and you die. It doesn't matter what percent you are at you die.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Against Game and Watch, I would probably ban Corneria over Rainbow Cruise. He gets insane buckets from the arwings, + a dtilt lock which he can force upon you if he's in the lead.

I guess it's just preference, since I don't really mind playing on RC.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
yoshis isnt bad but it's banned. I hate yoshis story and lylat....on a side note.

The falco boards now has an IRC chat channel!

Here are the instructions to getting started:

1. Download mIRC (Here) http://www.mirc.com/get.html

2. Create your username, then close the box asking you to join a server. Oh and make sure you use the trial version because it actually never runs out ^_^

3. In the blank white box down the bottom type in "/s irc.globalgamers.net" (without quotes)

4. Once it's finished with all the writing on the screen, a box should come up. Type #smashfalco

5. You're Done!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
yoshis isnt bad but it's banned. I hate yoshis story and lylat
Yoshi's is the most deceptively bad stage. I do worse there than on Lylat, at least on Lylat you can salvage something. Yoshi's is just subtly detrimental to my playstyle. Ban it! :urg:

J4pu

Smash Champion
I tried the Utilt > LL on a Ness on Luigi's Mansion, you can't shoot lasers soon enough to catch them in the bounce, so if they aren't fat enough the lasers go over them while they are laying on the floor.

I'm not even sure if LL works on Ness in general but the above still holds true for LL'able characters.

§witch

Smash Lord
I tried the Utilt > LL on a Ness on Luigi's Mansion, you can't shoot lasers soon enough to catch them in the bounce, so if they aren't fat enough the lasers go over them while they are laying on the floor.

I'm not even sure if LL works on Ness in general but the above still holds true for LL'able characters.
You can't LL ness at all anyways, but that's good to know.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Because we have just discovered that Meta Knight can be laserlocked in Luigi's Mansion...

Does a laser lock validate not banning that on MK? This is MK we're talking about, he flourishes on Luigi's. I think there are a lot of better stages to take him.

On a side note, I always seem to fare well against MK on battlefield. How about you?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I would rather not have a laser lock and ban mansion, then have a laser lock and have a broken character go head to head at me in his fortress.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Falco ***** Marth on Japes, it's arguably Marth's worst stage and one of Falco's best. Most Marth's will ban it though. Another ban vs. Marth would be Lylat, bad for Falco, one of Marth's best.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
The general consensus for most of the cast is go for Japes, expect it to be banned, then go for FD? Is that it?

As for what Falco should ban, why don't we ban RC all the time? That place almost always makes you firebird if you're getting hit at all. And we can't really camp there.

Top Bottom