• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tucson melee weeklies

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
We need to revive the tucson smash scene!

When: friday(maybe saturdays if fridays are too confusing) starting at 6ish, i work fridays 4-9 so ty or enrique will be the host till i get home,

Where: so its either 1753 W Ruthrauff rd, or 4547 N Old Romero rd, both of em are legit but idk which one is gonna pop up,

Special Interest: we have at least 2 sets in the game room right now ready to record at all tims, and another in the living room ready to record as well, in the future sometime i plan on getting a mini fridge and microwave to place in the game room for smash nights, filled with sodas, hot pockets, possibly bagel bites and other goodies, but because sh*ts not cheap, and im not rich, i would have to charge a little bit for em, but of course itll be reasonable, if people dont feel safe driving home or are drunk and cant i do have an extra bed and 2 couches here for bunking.

Power Ranking: itll be a round robing style power ranking, this was everyone has incentive to come, i also think it would be fun to have a tucson power ranking for doubles if anyone is interested, i realise this will be tricky since a lot of us dont have a faithful team and we usually PUG, or our team mate leaves early and were stuck with a lvl 9 ganon, thoughts? concerns?

ty (520)331-9362

-CTB

AXE 09

Smash Master
heck yeah! this sounds tight! even if it's not for money, i just wanna play lol. since this is in tucson, i should be able to come at least like once a month, depending on how my work schedule is. MELEE!!!!!!!!!!! =D

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
hell yeah we usually have a good turn out, the only problem we have is if coop or myself get caught up in other stuff but this friday were definately playing we have to practice for the sv tourn

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
TCB doesnt exist any more... or thats what i thought
also, me and my bro might come to this, since its on a friday; it works out well for me

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
is this still going on? i really gotta join up with you guyz

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
TCB doesnt exist any more... or thats what i thought
also, me and my bro might come to this, since its on a friday; it works out well for me
TCB exists, it just.. doesn't play Melee... and doesn't play Brawl that much. I think they were TCB before Smash came around for them, so IDK.

STB doesn't really exist anymore.

AXE 09

Smash Master
everyone should please come to SV Twisted ^^ PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE? i wanna see everyone! also, if SV were to come to one of these... could we spend the night? lol

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
We need to revive the tucson smash scene!

When: friday night they start around 5 or so and last till everyone leaves.

Where: usually at coops apt you can PM me for directions or call/text me at (520)904-8341, if they arent gonna be at coops ill let you know.

How much: to participate is free, but you may wanna bring a few bucks to help pitch in for pizza.

so if you wanna go let me know so we can get set ups ready and what not

ninjade1

i am from mexico

Hermosillo Sonora 4 hours from Tucson

i want to go to AZ tournaments of Melee :)

dude if you can come to hermosillo to play

i am from Smash Mex(Mexico community)

so if you organize a tourney send me a pm with the information

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
yeah if sv comes we can house you, but its kinda dependanton how many and if its more than 2 would someone mind sleeping on the floor lol,

and deap these are free friendlies if you wanna come youre more than welcome the bigger the better

edit: i think im gonna use jackie's idea and make these power ranking matches, about once a month, any thoughts on this?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I can go to SV, however I would like to know when/where people are being picked up. Is everyone meeting in one spot? Or are the drivers picking up people from their houses. My other question is whether or not it's a 1-day thing, or if we're spending the night.

AXE 09

Smash Master
so i'm thinking next week (on the 16th) would be a good day for me, but it depends if i can get off work or not. i do go, it'll only be 3 of us, if not, then 2 (me, Vectorman, and Yeah!) Yeah!'s a maybe.

Rubyiris, i hope you like to play melee, cuz that's what SV's all about lol. if you could come down and visit us sometime, that'd be great! we could just do frienlies, or MM's, or whatever you'd wanna do, doesn't matter to me, as long as i get to play haha. just let me know whenever you can come down so i can make arrangements

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
ty and brian are gonna start playing around 230ish, i might join at this time, but as always my work schedual is going to prevent me from staying the entire time, but i will be back at 830ish. they will be playing the entire time att tys apt.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
so i'm thinking next week (on the 16th) would be a good day for me, but it depends if i can get off work or not. i do go, it'll only be 3 of us, if not, then 2 (me, Vectorman, and Yeah!) Yeah!'s a maybe.

Rubyiris, i hope you like to play melee, cuz that's what SV's all about lol. if you could come down and visit us sometime, that'd be great! we could just do frienlies, or MM's, or whatever you'd wanna do, doesn't matter to me, as long as i get to play haha. just let me know whenever you can come down so i can make arrangements
I play both Melee and Brawl, but I also play various other 2d fighters and competitive games. :x

I primarily play Melee but I'm pretty bad at the moment. I haven't taken Melee seriously since May 2007. I just started to play again three weeks ago.

I try to play brawl too, but in my area very few people play, so I don't really improve any. It's impossible for me to improve any of my characters.

I don't own a cube, or a gamecube controller, so I can't practice, or improve any in Melee except for Wednesdays and Fridays, and even then my "Crew" doesn't like to play me. I don't improve any since I just consistently 3-stock two of the three people I play with. I can improve somewhat with the third player, but neither of us really take our games seriously. Both of sandbag, and develop bad habits due to our crews bad habit to fall for our own bad habits. The story is different with Ty's group. They are good enough for me to improve, but since so many people are there, and only 1 or 2 tvs are going at a time, I can't -really- sit down with one of them and properly train, which is what I really need at the moment.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
well tonight were gonna have 3 set ups and just call out challnges and someone will accept and try to not play your crew at all, different mind games are what will improve your game

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The SV trip, to and from was pretty fun (Epic car ride.), but the actual time spent at SV wasn't. I had a pretty bad migraine, and since I didn't stop at home before leaving, I didn't have money to enter, or buy food. I played a bunch of singles against everyone, but the only people I managed to beat were Forrest, Alex, A G&W Player, and A.I.

I'm not improving any despite the sheer amount of time I've been putting into the game these last three weeks. It's really demotivating.

*Edit.* Oh, right. I did manage to beat Tommy's Gannondorf with Jigglypuff, and I think I won with Fox, too. I'm pretty sure the rest of the characters I used got demolished.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
The SV trip, to and from was pretty fun (Epic car ride.), but the actual time spent at SV wasn't. I had a pretty bad migraine, and since I didn't stop at home before leaving, I didn't have money to enter, or buy food. I played a bunch of singles against everyone, but the only people I managed to beat were Forrest, Alex, A G&W Player, and A.I.

I'm not improving any despite the sheer amount of time I've been putting into the game these last three weeks. It's really demotivating.

*Edit.* Oh, right. I did manage to beat Tommy's Gannondorf with Jigglypuff, and I think I won with Fox, too. I'm pretty sure the rest of the characters I used got demolished.
I'm sorry to hear about that Rubyiris.... and i'm sorry If I didn't seem to give much attention to some players.. I was trying to be the annoying **** talking person that I am to give people a good time to enjoy themselves.. i'm sorry you didnt.. and i'm sorry... about everything you know...

as for playing.. that's what it's all about... everyone loses before they become good, or better developed.. it's happened with all of us... I recommend you just keep going at it... The only thing that can happen is you getting better.. with more experience... It's a learning experience.. It may take some time but progression always happens.. I would know =)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to hear about that Rubyiris.... and i'm sorry If I didn't seem to give much attention to some players.. I was trying to be the annoying **** talking person that I am to give people a good time to enjoy themselves.. i'm sorry you didnt.. and i'm sorry... about everything you know...

as for playing.. that's what it's all about... everyone loses before they become good, or better developed.. it's happened with all of us... I recommend you just keep going at it... The only thing that can happen is you getting better.. with more experience... It's a learning experience.. It may take some time but progression always happens.. I would know =)
There wasn't anything wrong with the event. I just had a bad migraine and no money. Such is life, you know? It was nice to get a bunch of games in with a new crowd of people, even if I'm no good at this game.

The thing is that I've been playing, on and off since 2006. A little over two years is a respectable time frame, and having not improved much at all, if at all since 2007 is very frustrating. It's true, I did take a bit of a hiatus throughout 08, but it actually improved my mind games, though it didn't make much of a difference in the long run. People continued to play, and continued to improve, while I lagged behind. Even people who picked up melee recently, they're improving at a visible, rapid rate. Against Ninjade, I've only known him for three weeks, but every time I've seen him, he's gotten better. Same goes for the rest of Coop's crew.

I want to improve. I've been playing for quite a bit of time, recently I've put many, many hours weekly into practicing, or playing with others. Time is obviously not the issue anymore. I'm going to record some friendlies throughout the next week, and possibly record my "training routine." just as some additional material. I'm hoping to receive some constructive criticism. I had another account in the past that I gave to a friend to use several years ago that I posted some videos, and received almost nothing but bad remarks and flames. I'm hoping to avoid it this time around.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
well if you are and you do do that.. just make sure....you let me know... Axe and I would <3 to help you out.. and such you know! n n

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
i feel flattered right now, thank you but just ask us this friday for some training just remind us well be happy to help but right its time for some more moutain sky!

Top Bottom