• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play' N ' Trade Fort Lauderdale Monthly #2 (Feb 7th)

Coffee™

I need it....
2nd Monthly Tourney, pretty much the same ruleset and stagelist as before. It's in February so you've go plenty of time to prepare.

General Information.

Date:
February 7th, 2009. (would have had it on the 10th or 31st but I don't wanna clash with Seibrik's tour or the Gigabits tour)

Time:
Registration for the Tournament and friendlies commence at 2:00pm
Tournament (singles) will begin at 3:00pm
Doubles will played whenever singles end.

Entry Fees:

Door Fee - $4
Brawl Singles - $10.
Brawl Doubles - $15 per team.

There might be food but I haven't decided yet, I'll have to get in touch with the store manager to find out about that. Either way there are a ton of stores around the area where you can buy stuff to eat.

Prizes:

Singles

If attendance is less than 20
1st -65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

If attendance is over 20
1st -60%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Doubles:
1st -65%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%

Address:
2370 N FEDERAL HWY, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33305
Between Sunrise and Oakland Blvd on US 1 / on the WinnDixie Plaza

Store Phone Number:
(954) 537-9578

Opening Hours
Mon-Sat.: 11-8:30pm Sunday: 12-6pm

Rules:

We will be using Umbreons Brawl Rule Set with some minor alterations

- Double Eliminations.

- Matches are 3 stock, 8 minutes.

- Items are set to “off” and “none”.

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks - Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals and semifinals are best of 5.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Additional Rules

- In the event that there is a dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose the stage that player last won on (unless agreed upon).

- You are not required to bring your own controller but it is recommended.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings before a match is played.

- Don't be a douche. The tournament host reserves the right at any time to make you leave the tournament.

Additional Rules for Double's Play:

-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to "on."

Stages:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge.

And yea I was too lazy to make a whole new thread, so I just copy pasted the info from the last one... :laugh:

RESULTS

Doubles

1: Texas Bonesaw Massacre (Bonesaw, Chaz) ($72.00)
2: Whateveryouwant (Linguini, Esam) ($30.00)
3: Magnums arent big enough (Lambchops, Dreads) ($18.00)
4: Yellow Jello (Izzy, Tommy G) ($6.00)
5: Team Black (C, Champ)
5: Team 1 (R@vyn, Shyne)
7: Fried Eggs (Juan, Verycooguy)
7: Shazoo (Andy, John)

Singles

1: Nick Riddle (Zss) ($192.00)
2: Bonesaw (Metaknight) ($96.00)
3: Esam (Pikachu, Donkey Kong) ($32.00)
4: Linguini (Donkey Kong)
5: Chaz (Marth, Kirby)
5: R@vyn / Maniaclyrasist (Pit, Metaknight)
7: CrazySpade (Olimar)
7: Serg (Bowser, Luigi)
9: GreenAce (Pikachu)
9: Sano (Diddy Kong)
9: Izzy (Game & Watch)
9: Chops (Snake)
13: Shyne (Fox)
13: Juan (Yoshi, Ike)
13: C (Lucas)
13: Dfear (Diddy)
17: Snipa
17: John
17: Verycoolguy
17: Ohbie
17: Smileface
17: Chalupa
17: Banks
17: Andy1
25: Darr
25: Dreadz
25: Mike
25: Esteban
25: David
25: Rese
25: Loli
25: Max
33: DC
33: K D Rio

izzy24

Smash Ace
Can u guys start s lil bit earlier this time, i don't really wanna wait till 11:00 to finish......either way i'll still try to go to this, IDK about the rest of FIU?

Coffee™

I need it....
Ok, the tournament will start at 3pm therefore registrations and friendlies or whatever will begin at 2pm.

I'll also be running the tournament this time so it should run a lot smoother and shouldn't run on so long, like last time.

Wii's and Brawls are also needed so send me a pm or post in the thread if you'll be able to bring one.

MnM

Smash Journeyman
hopefully i'll be able to make it. and i'm down for that MM. lemme get some money first.

Coffee™

I need it....
I'll have a Wii there with the PT hack as well as infinite replay and I'll be uploading vids after the event.

I might wanna do some MMs too ;p

Shaky

Smash Ace
D: I have ACT's that day, Ill try to make it anyways (ACTs should end by 1 pm)
Good Luck to everyone.

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
i might go, so I can lose to Nick Riddle, Afro, or Chops like I do in every tourney as of late(Melee and/or Brawl).

Why can't I just lose to Seibrick like back in the good ol days?

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Ill be going to this
My first irl tourney ever :D
and maniac u live in florida?
ive brawled you online on the pit chat and i didnt know that lol

Coffee™

I need it....
8 TV's that's good. Still, ask people to bring more TV's, so the tournament won't run overtime.
The tv's will be enough but we'll most likely need more wii's. As of now we'll have 4 wii's at the store on the date of the tournament. So they'll still be 4 more tvs where we can hook up other wii's.

Top Bottom