• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit championships! January 17th Winona Lake Indiana RESULTS POSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Yo, Rich Lewis played Falco.

Ty Reed played Diddy/Sonic

^Both of them dropped their mains.

Also, if it helps, Omniswell used Marth against my Mario.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow, Joel steppin' it up.
And lain, Bowyer, and Omniswell steppin' it way down. :(

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Good stuff guys. This tourney showed me I still have a lot to improve on. AZ's Diddy really stepped it up. Glad to see him place higher. Kirk's Ike was also an experience I never had before. You live and you learn.

Next tourney I'll be a new Blood Hawk.

Was great hosting and a huge thank you to everyone who came. Planning on hosting another one over here later down the road. Was great times and we had an amazing turnout.

Shoutouts later.

lain

Smash Master
Wow, Joel steppin' it up.
And lain, Bowyer, and Omniswell steppin' it way down. :(
Don't group me with people who got like 33rd. Why do you do that? I got 9th, Give me SOME credit here.

****ed myself over by not going IC against Domo first round. I beat him first round, but then decided I could do it with DDD and lost :/ I 3-stocked him twice in a friendly set 2-0 after wards. Sigh.

Then I made the error of leaving Delphino on for NOJ to pick and beat me on. He then restarted the match 45 seconds into the 2nd game and proceeded to edge me out on his counterpick. But good **** to you Joel, I'm glad you did well again after that slump :D

I'm glad we took first in teams overall (even though we only made about... $40?). I love winning the whole ****ing doubles circuit and getting like $40 for all my effort. Good **** Manacloud(s).

Shoutouts later =_=

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
I'm glad we took first in teams overall (even though we only made about... $40?). I love winning the whole ****ing doubles circuit and getting like $40 for all my effort. Good **** Manacloud(s).
yeah, that sucks lain, but good job getting 1st in teams.

also next time i see you, i'll figure out a way to beat you in a set. XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Don't group me with people who got like 33rd. Why do you do that? I got 9th, Give me SOME credit here.
lol, not sure why I should give you any credit for 9th. Do you not know my thoughts on that number, or something?
wat.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
...I really need to learn how to fight against low tier characters and not get nervous when playing matchups I don't know... and not suicide 3 times in 2 games :/... lol johns... I would've done so much better with a bracket of facing everyone who placed in the top 8 one by one :(... Atleast I won all mm's that I played in :)...

Shoutouts later...

also...

NEVER EVER HAVE A ****ING TOURNEY WITHOUT POOLS AGAIN. THAT WAS ****ING BULL****.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
...I really need to learn how to fight against low tier characters and not get nervous when playing matchups I don't know... and not suicide 3 times in 2 games :/... lol johns... I would've done so much better with a bracket of facing everyone who placed in the top 8 one by one :(... Atleast I won all mm's that I played in :)...

Shoutouts later...

also...

NEVER EVER HAVE A ****ING TOURNEY WITHOUT POOLS AGAIN. THAT WAS ****ING BULL****.
yeah, i didn't like that there wasn't pools. it sucked that i only got to play a total of 3 games.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Lain...just admit it...you suck. You will never be as great as me. Especially if you counterpicked his MK with your D3? Whaa?

Brackets.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ripple! If I ever find the time away from my son, work, school, etc, I'm making a trip up to Springfield. I need to learn this game anyways.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whoever has the tio file upload it to AiB and create a results topic in the results forum!!!!

And I'll do shoutouts when I get videos uploaded.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Way too much fun...

I had a blast yesterday. It was great to meet so many new people and play with so many great players.

Thank you so much for hosting such a great tournament. Good ****.

I'll try and get shoutouts later... xD

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
A few shoutouts, but not all of then

Vayseth: that bet IS still on but I'd rather do it with G&W. I'm going up to AA to play with Lain sometime this week and after that my G&W will be domination.

Joel: We need to play more G&W action, see you next weekend !!!

Omni: I really only saw you in the car, we never played each other once >.>

The Mann: Falcon and Luigi team, need I say more? Yes, lets do it dude we seriously should!!! Or at least G&W and Luigi.

Lain: Don't be upset about your placing dude, you got first in doubles and 9th in singles when you had an off CGing day anyways. I'll call you this week !!! Burn and play!

Legan: Sucks your Link couldn't handle Captain Falcon : \ But for real your Link is the ****, don't give up on him and switch to MK or some **** >.>

Other people who I met but I'm unsure of your name: Good games to all of you (except like one jank *** person haha).

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
A few shoutouts, but not all of then

Vayseth: that bet IS still on but I'd rather do it with G&W. I'm going up to AA to play with Lain sometime this week and after that my G&W will be domination.

Joel: We need to play more G&W action, see you next weekend !!!

Omni: I really only saw you in the car, we never played each other once >.>

The Mann: Falcon and Luigi team, need I say more? Yes, lets do it dude we seriously should!!! Or at least G&W and Luigi.

Lain: Don't be upset about your placing dude, you got first in doubles and 9th in singles when you had an off CGing day anyways. I'll call you this week !!! Burn and play!

Legan: Sucks your Link couldn't handle Captain Falcon : \ But for real your Link is the ****, don't give up on him and switch to MK or some **** >.>

Other people who I met but I'm unsure of your name: Good games to all of you (except like one jank *** person haha).
it was nice to play you too. XD your cpt. falcon is too good.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
January 17th, 2009 - Midwest Circuit Championship (Winona Lake, Indiana)
Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Semifinals
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Port Town Aero Dive
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Delfino Plaza

Watch the last, epic, minute of game 3.

Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Round 4
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Bloodhawk (Lucario): Pokemon Stadium 1
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Bloodhawk (Lucario): Frigate Orpheon

Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Round 3
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Joshu (King Dedede): Halberd
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Joshu (King Dedede): Smashville

OS has winners finals, losers finals, loser's semi finals, and my loser's quarter finals matches also recorded, along with I'm sure a lot of other matches (don't know when he can get a chance to upload them).

Can someone make a thread in the results forum so I can close/unstick this?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yes, there needs to be a character named "Kind Dedede" in this game.

@Tofu: yeah Norm is the Snake/Fox guy.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Shoutout time:

To everyone I played in friendlies - Good stuff guys, most of you were killin my Sonic b4 the tourney I'll blame it on being tired, but no johns.

Menelie - We had that match, I don't know what happened but that stuff happens. Lots of fun playin doubles with ya.

Omniswell - your IC learn too fast. I got you 1 time in the MM before you learned my strategy and learned how to counter it. It took me like 20 friendlies with chewy to come up with that and you countered it in 1 match... Too good.

Lain - great job in singles, you finally didn't take seconds for once. Hopefully I can break my curse of getting second in singles as well. Your IC are also too good as well, I'll hopefully find SOMETHING Sonic can do against it.

Zeton - Nice fox, it was cool dissing our respective character discussion boards.

Overswarm - Nice MM's, I hope I showed you Sonic isn't just completely trash... Can't believe I lost to your Snake though, how embarassing... Hopefully I'll MM you at some other tourney soon and win.

Legan - I'm pretty sure I was MM'ing your olimar and yoshi and stuff... Good stuff man, that Yoshi is pretty sick. I think I have to try to footstool more. Also, if you can try and remember what the HELL that was during our friendlies match where I double springed... Any info at all might completely change the way Sonic is used if I can figure out what that was.

JoshKip - Keep reppin the Sonic, Don't let this tourney get you down, just go enter scrub tourneys and make some money to build up your confidence.

Cr4sh - Dude, makin me go to norfair cause I accidentally said I banned frigate instead of norfair.... I guess It's legit though, my fault for not learning the names of stages I avoid (LOL I ban frigate orpheon, y'know the one that has lava on it)

Anther - As much as Sonic dittos suck, I think we gotta do one next tourney I see you at, great job in the tourney.

Everyone else - WOW, this was by far the most difficult tournament I've ever been to way too many people with almost no scrubs.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
MY GOD IF ANTHER ONLY USED UAIR FOR STOPPING HITSTUN INSTEAD OF DAIR.

The guy is the best of all of us hands down, but doesn't even use the right aerial out of hitstun. I just now realized that. He could live 15-30% more each life.

The best obviously still has room for improvement. Kinda scary to be honest.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
Awesome tourney guys glad to see everyone again :)
i think that's the biggest MW tourney we've ever had so congrats
sorry i couldent win for my friends but thats just the way the ball bounces most the time :) hope everyone had fun regardless of the whole no sleep thing for most of us :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Not to go behind your back or anything AZ, but I temporarily restuck the thread for those who may not have seen it (and the boards move quite fast, so I don't blame them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom