• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princz15's Link. ( 1 New vs Sheik match and 2 lol matches)

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to make a new topic everytime i have new vids up, so i made this one to just keep putting my vids here =] No need to spam the boards right?

Watch them all in High quality

So here are some of the matches I REALLY want you guys to watch.

Newest Matches
------------------------
Link vs Sheik (Come back ftw! Arrow cancel ftw!) 02/03/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfrsOiZ25t0&feature=channel_page

Link vs Olimar 1 (If you want to watch competitive matches dont watch these next 2 olimar matches. If you wanna laugh and see some cool combos then watch these 2 olimar matches)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v6fSmUrKmo&feature=channel_page

Link vs Olimar 2 (This is the second one) 02/03/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17PIMF9eKsM

Other Matches

-------------------------

Link vs Sheik (The ending is so worth watching this vid lol) 01/04/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OknUy-fuGI&feature=channel_page

Link vs MetaKnight (The first stock lol and 2nd stock mindgames <3) 12/30/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayhQe-CcbfM&feature=channel_page

Link vs DeDeDe (This is the best i could do against a dedede...I hate him so much and this match isnt on my page so sorry about that if you watch the other matches i had with him he ***** me... again i hate dedede. I did beat him on norfair though. Norfair + battle field only chance of beating him) 12/30/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-coUylRbaQ&feature=channel_page (Not on my youtube profile)

Link vs Marth (This is one of the best marths in NYC, he has proved his dominance at various NYC tournys the fact the i 2 stock him in a MM had me 0_0) 12/30/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Pe1x4AtUE&feature=channel_page (Not on my youtube profile)

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I only saw the ddd vid.

You're is actually decent, but you still had a few mistakes that led to some chaingrabs. Keep your distance when using the zair, but if you do land close to an opponent they'll likely go for a shieldgrab so try and immediately roll. Retreating zairs and ariels are a must for ddd.

You also need to spam much more against him to minimize your risk. Bomb like crazy since it goes through his projectiles.

Good link, keep practicing.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man i apreciate the advice it has gotten me to get better against dedede =]
srry for responding a million years later

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
the MK vid was fun, i think your 2 deaths could have been prolonged, but it was fun.
Lol thanks. I know its my fav vid with me and all my friends. That guy is actually on smashboards he's one of the best marths in NYC. I met him a while back (before his title) and he saw my vids and invited me to his house. i decided to go after making my last thread and everyone sugessted that I'm good but to get better i must play better or people at my skill level. Because the people i played with before were... lets just say not very good, its not fair of me to insult them.

and i dont know why i dies that second stock :'( as for the first i got gimped but maybe if i would have Up B a tiny bit earlier i probably would have made it.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Lol thanks. I know its my fav vid with me and all my friends. That guy is actually on smashboards he's one of the best marths in NYC. I met him a while back (before his title) and he saw my vids and invited me to his house. i decided to go after making my last thread and everyone sugessted that I'm good but to get better i must play better or people at my skill level. Because the people i played with before were... lets just say not very good, its not fair of me to insult them.

and i dont know why i dies that second stock :'( as for the first i got gimped but maybe if i would have Up B a tiny bit earlier i probably would have made it.

I put a vid of me vs his marth =)

sasook

Smash Champion
It wasn't bad, the most noticeable thing was your DI. It needs work. Learn to momentum cancel and you'll see that percentage go a lot higher than it's supposed to on each stock before dying.

I also think you need more projectiles. Marth's not the best character to go to head-to-head with, and that's coming from a guy who LOVES close combat.

For all those who dunno how to use reverse bombsliding, see how that Marth used the glide toss? Offensively? THATS what I mean when I say I use it offensively. It's not used for running away/retreating. If you wanna do that, do what Arkive says - JCT. That is the better option. I use reverse bombsliding offensively, which isn't really something you can do too well with a reverse JCT (might get hit with the explosion).

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't bad, the most noticeable thing was your DI. It needs work. Learn to momentum cancel and you'll see that percentage go a lot higher than it's supposed to on each stock before dying.

I also think you need more projectiles. Marth's not the best character to go to head-to-head with, and that's coming from a guy who LOVES close combat.

For all those who dunno how to use reverse bombsliding, see how that Marth used the glide toss? Offensively? THATS what I mean when I say I use it offensively. It's not used for running away/retreating. If you wanna do that, do what Arkive says - JCT. That is the better option. I use reverse bombsliding offensively, which isn't really something you can do too well with a reverse JCT (might get hit with the explosion).
Yeah i now know this thanks for the advice man. Um, This match was in early december i've learned how to momentum cancel since then. I'll try to put up new vids soon. But thanks for pointing it out anyway.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the marth match was brutal. he was messing up a bit... leaving himself open... which is rare because chaos usually only does that after he's sent you flying/killed you with the move.... still, you're link is really good imo. keep it up. :D

DSP

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the Marth match, your Link seems pretty well-rounded, the only thing I noticed as seriously improvable was the DI / momentum cancelling, but sasook already said that.
But I was wondering about the Marth... normally, Marth pretty much ***** Link sideways once he's in close combat (which isn't too hard for him to get into, lol) and then finishes it off with an easy gimp. In this match, there were at least 2 or 3 situations where he could've gimped you quite easily, but didn't. Hmh.
Furthermore, I second ALSM's statement.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the Marth match, your Link seems pretty well-rounded, the only thing I noticed as seriously improvable was the DI / momentum cancelling, but sasook already said that.
But I was wondering about the Marth... normally, Marth pretty much ***** Link sideways once he's in close combat (which isn't too hard for him to get into, lol) and then finishes it off with an easy gimp. In this match, there were at least 2 or 3 situations where he could've gimped you quite easily, but didn't. Hmh.
Furthermore, I second ALSM's statement.
Thanks all you guys on the complements =]
As for what DSP said above i think he pretty much did that in the 3rd round of that set xD
Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8AxhD4Zoo&feature=channel_page

I could have won this match it was really close.... but i get too Dair happy -_- i hate that. Sometimes i get too hungry for a kill.

Oh sidenote: Wanna know how to stop marths Fair? Fair that Mother******* back!! lol seriously watch the match and you'll see my fairs hit him before he got to hit me with his xD

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that bro.
Weird you didn't notice with the huge sheik head on top of the page. XD
Sorry again.

Top Bottom