• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortress Cancel Trick

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
It's been a long time since I've posted this trick but I'm posting it again because I still see other Bowsers who can't fortress cancel for ****. They keep saying, "you can only fortress cancel when you are facing towards the edge." Or, "You can only do it up close!"

None of it is true.

It doesn't matter which direction you are facing or how far away from it you are. You just have to slow down the speed that you are moving. The easiest way to do this is by holding the control stick towards and diagonally upwards to the direction you are moving. It works on any ledge, at any slope.

And for epicness, I shall post this image yet again.

AND THIS

Your welcome.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
@ Gustav & Kirby: Very true.

I've never seen MagnuM post this before and I've posted this before many months ago. The trick DOES work, what better way to find out then to try it yourself?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
this is still basically a useless addition because while facing AWAY from the edge you die if you actually time it - and otherwise you're just moving slowly rather than quickly with your fortress- which is undesirable

fortress cancels aren't hard

i never liked the "you can do it better if you do it slower" philosophy

if you can't do it "correctly" don't bother doing it lol

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
So you can do this at any point of the fortress? You wont have to time it to the end of the animation?
If so, that's amazing. Fortress canceling (almost) as good as on YS but on every stage? Yes please!

EDIT: I tested this and it IS as amazing as I hoped :O You CAN cancel it any point of the animation!
I also discovered while messing around with this that you can go full speed towards the edge and then just slam the stick in the opposite direction just before you slip off and immidietly grab the edge this way. It's harder and very risky b/c if you fail you'll die, but it's faster

amazing discovery. thanks for keeping to develop the bowser metagame :D

@Gimpy, I think you misunderstood this if you're somehow saying it's not as good as the old technique =/ This isn't just easier, this is way better since you can cancel it at anytime (like you can on YS) thus making it faster.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Anyone have Action Replay? I'd like to know if you have to be facing the stage to grab when you fall off, or it it's just purely a speed thing.

Uncivilized Elk

Smash Rookie
This is super useful and super easy to implement while facing the ledge, but while facing away from the ledge I keep killing myself because the timing of slowing down is somewhat tricky. Exception is if you're like a tiny bit away from teetering on the ledge, in which case it is easy to pull off. But traveling a considerable distance while facing the ledge and then slowing down in the nick of time is way too risky for my tech skill level...

This is by no means a useless addition to Bowser's arsenal though.

Top Bottom