• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priority of Side and Down B against Projectiles<

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Here are 4 lists I made after testing the Falcon Kick and the Raptor Boost for a bit. I believe there's enough information pointing to the Falcon Kick being the better "projectile stopper". I hope it helps!

Projectiles that are beat by the Raptor Boost;

Mario
------ Fireball
Luigi
------ Fireball
Peach
------ Vegetable
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
------ Peanut Popgun
Yoshi
------ Yoshi bomber (stars)
Wario
------ Bike (thrown)
Link
------ Gale Boomerang
Zelda
Sheik
Toon Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Boomerang
Samus
------ Charge Shot (uncharged)
------ Smash Missile
------ Bomb
Zero Suit Samus
------ Paralyzer
Pit
------ Palutena's Arrow
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby
King Dedede
------ Waddle Dee Throw
Captain Olimar
------ Pikmin Throw
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
------ Thunder Jolt
Squirtle
Ivysuar
------ Razor Leaf
Charizard
Lucario
------ Aura Sphere (uncharged)
Ness
------ PK Thunder
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
------ Chef
Snake
------ Hand Grenade

Projectiles that beat the Raptor Boost;

Mario
------ F.L.U.D.D.
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
------ Fire Breath
Donkey Kong
------ Hand Slap
Diddy Kong
------ Banana (thrown)
Yoshi
------ Egg Throw
Wario
Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Bomb
Zelda
------ Din's Fire
Sheik
------ Needle Storm
Toon Link
------ Bomb
Samus
------ Charge Shot (charged)
Zero Suit Samus
------ Armor (thrown)
Pit
Ice Climbers
------ Ice Shot
------ Blizzard
R.O.B.
------ Robo Beam
------ Gyro
Kirby
------ Final Cutter
King Dedede
Captain Olimar
Fox
------ Fox's Blaster
Falco
------ Falco's Blaster
------ Reflector
Wolf
------ Wolf's Blaster
Pikachu
------ Thunder
Squirtle
------ Water Gun
Ivysuar
------ Bullet Seed
Charizard
------ Flame Thrower
------ Rock Smash
Lucario
------ Force Palm
Ness
------ PK Flash
------ PK Fire
Lucas
------ PK Freeze
------ PK Fire
------ PK Thunder
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
------ Remote Controlled Missile

Projectiles that are beat by the Falcon Kick;

Mario
------ Fireball
------ F.L.U.D.D. (only reduces the effects of fludd)
Luigi
------ Fireball
Peach
------ Vegetable
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
------ Peanut Popgun
Yoshi
------ Egg Throw
Wario
------ Bike (thrown)
Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Gale Boomerang
Zelda
------ Din's Fire
Sheik
Toon Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Boomerang
Samus
------ Charge Shot
------ Homing Missile
------ Smash Missile
------ Bomb
Zero Suit Samus
------ Paralyzer
------ Armor (thrown)
Pit
------ Palutena's Arrow
Ice Climbers
------ Ice Shot
R.O.B.
------ Gyro
Kirby
King Dedede
------ Waddle Dee Throw
Captain Olimar
------ Pikmin Throw
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
------ Thunder Jolt
Squirtle
------ Water Gun (only reduces effects of water gun)
Ivysuar
------ Razor Leaf
Charizard
Lucario
------ Aura Sphere
------ Force Palm
Ness
------ PK Thunder
Lucas
------ PK Thunder
Mr. Game & Watch
------ Chef
Snake
------ Hand Grenade
------ Remote Controlled Missile (changes course of the missile)

Projectiles that beat the Falcon Kick;

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
------ Fire Breath
Donkey Kong
------ Hand Slap
Diddy Kong
------ Bananas (thrown)
Yoshi
Wario
Link
------ Bomb
Zelda
Sheik
------ Needle Storm
Toon Link
------ Bomb
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
------ Blizzard
R.O.B.
------ Robo Beam
Kirby
------ Final Cutter
King Dedede
Captain Olimar
Fox
------ Fox's Blaster
Falco
------ Falco's Blaster
------ Reflector
Wolf
------ Wolf's Blaster
Pikachu
------ Thunder
Squirtle
Ivysuar
------ Bullet Seed
Charizard
------ Flame Thrower
------ Rock Smash
Lucario
Ness
------ PK Flash
------ PK Fire
Lucas
------ PK Freeze
------ PK Fire
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake

-----------------------------------------------------------
+2 to the list of beatable projectiles; Yoshi's DownB < F5HazardousDoc

Player-3

Smash Hero
interesting... i didnt know RB beat that many projectiles

great work, this needs to be linked to the index

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
wow, put this in the index

we should make an "annoying moves thread" to compliment this one

this thread would include broken moves and how to get around them, ex. G&W Bair - SHAD or (insert move here)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
wow, put this in the index

we should make an "annoying moves thread" to compliment this one

this thread would include broken moves and how to get around them, ex. G&W Bair - SHAD or (insert move here)
I am making that atm (sort of)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
^^^ How about one with the data inserted into a table?

@ Player-3
I had no idea that Falcon Kick even beat that many projectiles. It still splits about half and half for each, though.

Roager

Smash Ace
What's the rules on the projectiles that tie with FK? The only ones listed are those that are beat by FK and those that beat FK. Are ties lumped into one category or the other, or are they left out?

Also, even though RB may beat those projectiles, you'll go into the actual attack (uppercut) animation, which stops you, which is what many projectiles (Mario Fireball in particular) want to do.

Still, let's get this into the index.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
The "tie" and "beat out" are mixed into the 1st and 3rd lists. Maybe I'll break it up sometime.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Separate PK Thunder into Head and Tail, since both have much different priorities.

Other than that, I love this list. :O Does Falcon get hurt by the grenade after Raptor Boost or no?

ShenCS

Smash Cadet
Quick, probably noobish, question. When you say it "beats out" a projectile, does that mean the move goes through it and Falcon takes no damage or does the move stop?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Separate PK Thunder into Head and Tail, since both have much different priorities.

Other than that, I love this list. :O Does Falcon get hurt by the grenade after Raptor Boost or no?
The Grenade gets send flying upward without exploding. )I guess if a Snake player times it just right while predicting that you're going to Raptor Boost then maybe you'll take damage.)

Quick, probably noobish, question. When you say it "beats out" a projectile, does that mean the move goes through it and Falcon takes no damage or does the move stop?
Beat out means that the enemy projectile gets canceled, reversed or is stopped from hitting Falcon in any way. Sorry this list isn't as in depth as it should be but I tested this all using my hands and feet.:laugh:

Player-3

Smash Hero
i just saw on the fox boards (lurking) that his shine beats our FK and RB by turning them around
lyke
wtf?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
i just saw on the fox boards (lurking) that his shine beats our FK and RB by turning them around
lyke
wtf?
You mean as Fox is initiating his reflector or after it has already been activated? That's weird. Maybe Brawl counts FK as a projectile (he's not touching the ground during, amirite?)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
You mean as Fox is initiating his reflector or after it has already been activated? That's weird. Maybe Brawl counts FK as a projectile (he's not touching the ground during, amirite?)
I highly doubt this..
I've never seen it happen.

And this would mean that fox would be able to turn around pikachu during his skull bash, and luigi during his green missle..

If that is true..

Luigi: uses green missle *missfire*
Fox: shine
Luigi: Oh shi.. ~GAME!~

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
You should add to the list, the stars that come out of yoshi's down b. Both raptor boost and falcon kick cancel it out and falcon suffers no lag, so its a free jab/grab if you are raptor boosting/falcon kicking and yoshi uses it.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
You should add to the list, the stars that come out of yoshi's down b. Both raptor boost and falcon kick cancel it out and falcon suffers no lag, so its a free jab/grab if you are raptor boosting/falcon kicking and yoshi uses it.
Although you can do a lot better, I wonder if this is also true for DDD's up-B stars when he lands without cancelling it.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Although you can do a lot better, I wonder if this is also true for DDD's up-B stars when he lands without cancelling it.
Just noting that after playing one of F5's yoshis *won all the matches with both snake AND falcon, one match 2 stock with falcon*

I really have improved a great deal. *self pat on back*

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
How did I miss a projectile. I'll add that, thanks.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Awesome list man, I was planning to do this eventually, but you beat me to it xD. Perhaps look into projectiles stopped by the first hit of his jab if you can be bothered.

Also, it seems to me that if FK clashes with anything Falcon endures some lag. Punishable.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
The Grenade gets send flying upward without exploding. )I guess if a Snake player times it just right while predicting that you're going to Raptor Boost then maybe you'll take damage.)
Just so you guys are aware, after a grenade is sent flying, if Snake shield drops a second grenade, the first one loses all previous momentum and falls to the ground. So you could hit it then have it land right back on you

Many Snakes throw one grenade, then shield drop their second to strip for better control

:) just trying to help

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Just so you guys are aware, after a grenade is sent flying, if Snake shield drops a second grenade, the first one loses all previous momentum and falls to the ground. So you could hit it then have it land right back on you

Many Snakes throw one grenade, then shield drop their second to strip for better control

:) just trying to help
I can handle that.

LOL OH HI THAR

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Would anyone know how aerial raptor boost is affected by projectiles? Like I sometimes aerial raptor boost to approach, or just because I'm bored lol. And I know it can bounce off some projectiles, like spike them and keep going. For example, I think it blows up either snake's grenade or missile, but not both. Would that determined by priority, just like regular raptor boost, or some other property?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I can play today, so I'll try that, but I don't know if I can test on all the projectiles. I'm beginning to think that there's a different factor determining it, since I can't see it spiking a fireball. Maybe physical projectiles then? I'll post again when I see a pattern I guess.

6tails

Smash Cadet
SmashBrother2008 thats one helluva list! That'll definitely make projectile spammers think twice about underdogging the captain! But yeah I think the Falcon Kick cancels out more projectiels because the hitbox comes out much faster than the Raptor Boosts hitbox.

Also, t3h n00b, it probably is determined by priority and the fact that if fire touches something like a bomb it will automatically make it explode.

ElPared

Smash Rookie
I've Raptor Boost spiked Samus' Super missiles before. it's just like spiking a character, he hits it bounces a little and keeps going forward. I've also random spiked certain attacks like DK's Monkey Punch (during cooldown lag).

I think (don't quote me on this) you can boost spike Samus' charge shot too, but only if you're high enough above it to not get hit anyways.

I've done the same thing on Snake's missile but I don't remember if it exploded or if the spike changed it's trajectory like a normal attack does. I know you can do it do 'nades tho.

all of these did what spiking the Samus missile did. just keep in mind this happened randomly a while ago, and sometimes days apart, so I might be wrong. Just trying to help :D

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I've Raptor Boost spiked Samus' Super missiles before. it's just like spiking a character, he hits it bounces a little and keeps going forward. I've also random spiked certain attacks like DK's Monkey Punch (during cooldown lag).

I think (don't quote me on this) you can boost spike Samus' charge shot too, but only if you're high enough above it to not get hit anyways.

I've done the same thing on Snake's missile but I don't remember if it exploded or if the spike changed it's trajectory like a normal attack does. I know you can do it do 'nades tho.

all of these did what spiking the Samus missile did. just keep in mind this happened randomly a while ago, and sometimes days apart, so I might be wrong. Just trying to help :D
That's cool to know. Unfortunately, those are very specific situations. This list comprises the use of RB and FK as a reaction to an oncoming projectile. Deffinetly something to note, though.

DRTJR

Smash Rookie
Projectiles that are beat by the Falcon Kick;

Mario
------ Fireball
------ F.L.U.D.D. (only reduces the effects of fludd)
Luigi
------ Fireball
Peach
------ Vegetable
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
------ Peanut Popgun
Yoshi
------ Egg Throw
Wario
------ Bike (thrown)
Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Gale Boomerang
Zelda
------ Din's Fire
Sheik
Toon Link
------ Hero's Bow
------ Boomerang
Samus
------ Charge Shot
------ Homing Missile
------ Smash Missile
------ Bomb
Zero Suit Samus
------ Paralyzer
------ Armor (thrown)
Pit
------ Palutena's Arrow
Ice Climbers
------ Ice Shot
R.O.B.
------ Gyro
Kirby
King Dedede
------ Waddle Dee Throw
Captain Olimar
------ Pikmin Throw
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
------ Thunder Jolt
Squirtle
------ Water Gun (only reduces effects of water gun)
Ivysuar
------ Razor Leaf
Charizard
Lucario
------ Aura Sphere
------ Force Palm
Ness
------ PK Thunder
Lucas
------ PK Thunder
Mr. Game & Watch
------ Chef
Snake
------ Hand Grenade
------ Remote Controlled Missile (changes course of the missile)
why i Main as Falcon

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Well if were talking about Captains Priority then I have one thing to say........ I think he has the lowest Priority attacks in the game right after Sonic I think.

Top Bottom