• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Okay so alot of things have changed for us recently, me and BANHAMMER are now hosting little brawl get togethers on tuesdays or thursdays or whenever we arent busy. Send me or ban a pm if you are interested in coming down. Whenever we are available to play is pretty much fine if anyone wants to come down.
We live in an apartment in the trotwood area.
120 fieldstone Dr apt 5, 45426
my number is (937) 529-1091 (text first please) if you have any questions.
BANHAMMER's number is (937) 901-1134

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
its alright well just start using this one from now on (maybe both to confuse people XD!??) jk that would get annoying to switch like that. but for sure three times this week. tue, wed and fri

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I really need some work on my vs MK matchup so I hope you guys don't disappoint (unless I have to miss it). I'm about 75% sure I can come.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Don't Forget the really dark screen, which means no deafault color for G&W:(

Let me know when you guys come back up to Cbus, I want to practice some more.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
alright i will, and this week it starts at 11, and the screen doesnt seem to be as bad as it was, (still no black g&w) so at least certian stages are playable now, like lylat and such.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
If I can get my friend to come with me and drive (My parents won't let me drive... lame), I'm so there.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
IT will be twice next week again, for people who cant show for one of the two days. Ive played so much this week I have noticed a lot of improvement in myself and the others that were there with me. We (me and fromundaman) are also planning on potentially having a tournament as well, with maybe a months notice. But we cant do anything untill we have a number of potential attendees

Baro

Smash Journeyman
ffffffff and my lazy friend didn't want to drive me ;-;

sorreh.

Mabye next time.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
ffffffff and my lazy friend didn't want to drive me ;-;

sorreh.

Mabye next time.
There will be quite a few next times, we got a couple heavly addicted smashers, (myself included)

And attendees willing, there will be a dayton tourney sometime in the near future.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
This couldn't have come at a better time....Get Hype

Expect a Smash Tourney around Late Feb, Early March for you Dayton (Any can come really)Folks. I will host with Nexus LAN prolly at Wright State University (given our venue clears).
I am all ears for what you guys want as prices, rules and payouts. While I will have posts about it here, I would like you guys to kind of pre-reg at Nexuslan.org if you are interested (under forum/console gaming/ next smash bros. tourney). Also if anyone "pro" (you know who you are) can come, I would love to have some "headliner" matches ( Money Matches or Rivralry matches, something to get some hype going).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
This couldn't have come at a better time....Get Hype

Expect a Smash Tourney around Late Feb, Early March for you Dayton (Any can come really)Folks. I will host with Nexus LAN prolly at Wright State University (given our venue clears).
I am all ears for what you guys want as prices, rules and payouts. While I will have posts about it here, I would like you guys to kind of pre-reg at Nexuslan.org if you are interested (under forum/console gaming/ next smash bros. tourney). Also if anyone "pro" (you know who you are) can come, I would love to have some "headliner" matches ( Money Matches or Rivralry matches, something to get some hype going).
Alright, lets get a thread going. I'm gonna have to suggest the standard 3 stock, 8 min, and all of the other rules engraved into our heads by now (read any big tourney thread if you need a refresher), but just out of curiosity, Delfino and Halberd are going to be neutrals or just counter-picks? Also, Para, if whoever you had in mind for me to team with for the Springfield fest is gonna show to this, I might need 'em again.:laugh:

EDIT: Oh yeah, just make the entry fee relatively cheap because I'm pretty sure I won't be winning any of my money back.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Fizz, I think both Nano and Reside are going. I'm not sure which of them I'll be teaming with, but I expect the other would likely want to team with you. No guarantees, though.

Yeah, JeLLITYMe, if you need I can type up or copy/paste rules from some tournaments I've been too.

I will most likely be at SCC for smashage from about noon to about 5PM. MAYBE then from like 8~9 to 10PM. Maybe.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
If you want to post rules/tournament thread, that would be helpful, but please don't forget to Register/post on Nexuslan.org. The reason why is they don't frequent this forum, and therefore don't know what is going on. Also it tackles attendance issues and can help get them sponsors (which can help lower entry cost for you Fizzle Boy). If you can post on both, that would help since I get busy and sometimes can't go on both forums.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Yea my brother has venue connections and thats exactly where i was looking to hold said tournament, in case we grow to large for fromundaman to host (which we all hope). Also if we can manage enough people we will get more and more sponsers, leading to higher payouts, better prizes and the like. That im sure will bring even more people. Im looking forward into seeing how much we can grow and how much fun can be had.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
If you want to post rules/tournament thread, that would be helpful, but please don't forget to Register/post on Nexuslan.org. The reason why is they don't frequent this forum, and therefore don't know what is going on. Also it tackles attendance issues and can help get them sponsors (which can help lower entry cost for you Frizzle Boy). If you can post on both, that would help since I get busy and sometimes can't go on both forums.
Hold on a second. Did he just say "Frizzle Boy"? Why does everyone think that's my tag?!? Fizzle Boy. It's Fizzle Boy! This is at least the 3rd time since November.

In an unrelated note, yay. The first legitimate Dayton tourney of anything ever (which reminds me, there should be a separate Melee tourney thrown in as well; I mean, come on, everyone only wants to play brawl. Give ole melee a chance;)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
we could but wed have to get more out of towners then since about half of dayton only plays brawl. And as for you name i guess there is a silent "r" thrown in there that some people (you and me) cant see. Funny thing is when i seen that in my brothers post i KNEW youd say something about it lol

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I was just minding my business on the Lucario boards when I read a post, looked at the person who posted it, and there is someone who joined the boards last year with the name "Fizzle". I can't have the same main and the same tag as this guy. Why is this happening!!!

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Many my Diddy got wrecked. I thought he'd do so much better.

Fizz, did it show where he's from? If the lag isn't to terrible you may be able to do a title-match. Be warned though you can't use that title anymore at all ever if you lose. I've lost a color match with brown Sammy in Melee... )": Or Fizz you could just give up and go by "Frizz" like everyone seems to think anyways.

Very good chance I'll be able to smash tomorrow (Friday) for a while. Class should end around noon - After that I should be able to stay and smash to my heart's content.

My Sammy is disappointed and wants a rematch against Scribs' Wario.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
Hold on a second. Did he just say "Frizzle Boy"? Why does everyone think that's my tag?!? Fizzle Boy. It's Fizzle Boy! This is at least the 3rd time since November.

Fizzle is a term used when something doesn't work (ex: hadoucan't) very negative indeed. And your handle avatar is a pikachu, which can "frizzle" clothes or anything static with its electricity. those two factors combined are why I made the typo.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
lol richard why am i not suprised with that remark XD. And i think para's sammy is lookin a little hungry so id like to play some more as well. It excites me for some reason to see someone do well with a bottom tier. Hence why i feel that tiers dont represent an auto-win like some n00bs think.
(also i feel that my mk sucks so im gonna try to tear apart and rebuild my game so i dont treat every matchup the same)

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
You should have seen the Sammy Quivo had **** Akira (larry)'s peach at Season's Beatings 3 lololol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, Scribble, we've done the same ****ing matchup for about 200 games in the last week or so, so yeah, some things rub off (like I had kind of phased out my up/down tilts, which is REALLY bad for Kirby, and I feel like my hammer hits just aren't nearly as good as they used to be. Ah well...).

Also, we should link these threads to each other in the OPs.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Well, Scribble, we've done the same ****ing matchup for about 200 games in the last week or so, so yeah, some things rub off (like I had kind of phased out my up/down tilts, which is REALLY bad for Kirby, and I feel like my hammer hits just aren't nearly as good as they used to be. Ah well...).
Yeah a lot of people make the mistake of developing their game against one opponent. Gotta be really careful about that. 'zwhy it's best to play a number of people. What I'm trying to say is we gotta play more haha. I should have more time in upcoming weeks.

As a seperate note, Springfield is having a 'fest on the 31st. The last couple of them my crew got crushified at Brawl - it'd be nice to see you guys there if ya'll can so Dayton will have better Brawl rep. I'm thinking with you guys there Dayton can probably take out the 'field's weaker crew at Brawl. Scribble's gunna have to teach me up to his level of play before we'll be ready to take out their other crew :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209505

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea, id go this time, but im going to OHAYOCON for their tourney. If anyone would like to go and i have room (can take 4) ill provide transportation. The tourney is TBA right now but they said it will most likely be on saturday and the entrance fee is lik $30 but i dont believe there is a fee to enter the brawl tournament and they have little discussion about brawl and who does post there is mostly some n00b who says ness is a MK counter >_>
Id love to play more para and anyone else. im at SCC every day of the week pretty much so me and david are usually brawling on other days besides wed and fri. Just ask us when we will be available to play and we will be 9x out of 10 be totally up for it.

And im sure we will play kirby V meta 200 more times here soon XD. But i will just try to keep in mind when someone who isnt kirby is selected. Im gonna really try to slow down and think more. If i am sucessful in what i am doing, i should see a vast improvement.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I dunno... I'm torn between going to the tourny Scribble's going to and beating on noobs for easy money, then facing Scribble in finals and losing, or going to Springfield and having fun getting my *** handed to me and losing money... tough choices...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yup. We'll be there. And hopefully we can break that habit of playing as though our opponents are MK or Kirby. >.<

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I dunno... I'm torn between going to the tourny Scribble's going to and beating on noobs for easy money, then facing Scribble in finals and losing, or going to Springfield and having fun getting my *** handed to me and losing money... tough choices...
OHAYOCON isn't gonna have all noobs there sry... My crew is gonna destroy ohayocon much like they did last year (1st and 2nd in teams 1st 2nd and 3rd in singles) unfortunately though, they don't give cash prizes just a free admission ticket to next years ohayocon. I usually sleep in my car during cons cause I'm poor.

In a more related note, If you made the dayton tourney sometime in late feb early march I could try and get akron to show up. We're goin to regional championships tommorow and half of akron only likes about 1 tourney a month or so but I'll try and convince em.

Top Bottom