• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Infinite on Wario

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Just wanted to throw this out to Tactical Brawl.

Over this week, I discovered a Peach infinite on Wario. It actually occurred to me at work, and I had no way to test it, and got it to two other Peaches (Villi and L33T) who were able to test it for me, confirm it worked, and even test the various methods and options I came up with. There are currently three variants.

Important things to note:

* Peach can footstool Wario out of grab release.
* The unsweetspotted hitbox of Peach's nair and bair have jab lock properties.
* After being hit during a bouncing-off-the-floor animation with an attack with jab lock properties, you bounce again, and are forced to stand up.
* Peach can instafloat after performing a footstool, to halt upwards momentum.

The following are the initial steps, which remain identical across all variants.

1: Grab Wario.
2: Air release Wario.
3: Jump and footstool Wario out of grab release (this is the part I don't know if it is guaranteed. Works on CPUs when I tried).
4: Cancel the footstool's momentum with float and immediately drop

METHOD A: The Reliable Method

5: Fast fall into a Bair, performed early so that Peach lands with the unsweetspotted hitbox.
6: When Wario is forced to stand up, regrab him. When you want to turn the grab around, run past him and pivot grab as he stands up.
7: Rinse and repeat until you can kill via grab release to upsmash (93% on Final Destination, I believe).

The timing is tighter as you have to hit with an unsweetspotted hitbox and instafloat and release immediately. But this method is a reliable infinite on flat stages, or clear areas of platformed stages like Battlefield (in the middle, just keep using pivots). Requires practice. Nair can be substituted for bair.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWWh1z5UDY

METHOD B: The Fancy Pants Method

5: Land on Wario as he hits the ground with an unsweetspotted fastfalled bair.
6: Rapidly instafloat and hit with unsweetspotted bairs to bair lock Wario across the entire stage, a la God-is-my-rock's "Peach's Bair Trap" video.
7: When you near the edge, run past Wario and pivot grab. Rinse and repeat until you can kill with a usmash out of grab release.

As the Bair Trap/bair lock is extremely difficult to perform, I call this the fancy-pants method.

METHOD C: The Easy Method

5: Release the float and fall with a dair. Make sure that Peach hits the ground before the fourth hit connects.
6: As the dair autocancels upon contact with the ground, grab Wario out of the autocancel.

The pro to this method is that it is much, much easier. The cons are that you still have to use Method A to turn it around when you reach the edge of the stage (unless you can dair to land behind Wario and standing pivot grab using C-stick and Z while dashing away), and there's the possibility it might be escapable (or made more difficult) via SDI on Wario's part.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0I-ybNEwI&feature=channel_page

---------

Thanks to Villi and L33T for testing and making the videos! Unfortunate it wasn't found in time to be discussed with regards to the new tier list. Still interesting though.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
This looks promising, but answer me something.

When Wario gets up, how exactly is he unable to use the get-up attack or rolling away from you?
I ask because 100% of the time when I stand next to my opponents as they're getting up, they either use the get-up attack or roll away from me. They never just... get up.

cman

Smash Ace

When Wario gets up, how exactly is he unable to use the get-up attack or rolling away from you?
I ask because 100% of the time when I stand next to my opponents as they're getting up, they either use the get-up attack or roll away from me. They never just... get up.
If characters hit the ground like that, and then are 'bounced', the rolling and attack options are removed.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

It's because he's hit by the unsweetspotted bair.

If you get someone in a laserlock, they're forced to stand up (they can't roll away or attack). Same principle applies here. The unsweetspotted bair causes a lock, for one hit, and he's forced to stand up.

I'd suggest you don't try too hard and just wait for a shieldgrab opportunity.
Peach has a lot of free grabbing options, since all of her aerials autocancel AND she can get free grabs out of her two-frame jab.

autocancelled fair or dair on shield to grab plz.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Is Wario's grab release ever going to do something good for him? Ever?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
fu*king wario deserves this!!

every single one ive fought SPAM fsmash SOOOO HARD
Wow you are one sick son of a *****. Kidding, but wishing an infinite on someone just because they own you is just sad. Incredibly sad.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
Wow you are one sick son of a *****. Kidding, but wishing an infinite on someone just because they own you is just sad. Incredibly sad.
1. never wished it

2. they don't own me i beat them, its just lame they spam just cause they got their SA frames

and THREE of my mains already can get infinited by d3 D:

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
BTW, I vote for this to become a new meme:
Whenever something like this is discovered for Brawl, the first 5 replies must reply with:
"When the moon hits your eye and you get infinited and die, well that's Braaawl."

Because since it's Brawl, more BS like this is bound to be discovered.

Flayl

Smash Hero
God**** Sakurai. Each time something like this pops up I'm more inclined to beleive Brawl is simply not worth saving.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
BTW, I vote for this to become a new meme:
Whenever something like this is discovered for Brawl, the first 5 replies must reply with:
"When the moon hits your eye and you get infinited and die, well that's Braaawl."

Because since it's Brawl, more BS like this is bound to be discovered.
Are you trying to get people warned for spam?

Grow up.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Poor Wario...

Maybe this game should really be hacked, but only to fix those stupid infinites. =/

At least it's not that easy to do...

Flayl

Smash Hero
So are you for banning this or are you just a biased fanboy?
I don't know. Rather than immediately go off on theorycraft or oppose the ban for the sake of not banning it, I need evidence on how Wario can avoid getting grabbed by Peach.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Good thing Wario is hard to grab.

I'm pretty sure everytime some grab release exploit is discovered against Wario, they Wario mains are thankful that they're using a character that can literally float around the stage.

Timbers

check me out
Good thing Wario is hard to grab.

I'm pretty sure everytime some grab release exploit is discovered against Wario, they Wario mains are thankful that they're using a character that can literally float around the stage.
and then we look at who it is that can exploit the grab release on Wario...

peach has one of the best grab setups against wario. Granted it's still difficult but it will certainly discourage Warios from being even near Peach while grounded, which is a weapon in itself.

EDIT: also wario lololololo

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Warios getting ***** by everyone now.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
For those talking about banning it:
A) Just ban FD, makes it 10x harder as then you have to use pivots and are limited to only do it on some parts of the stage
B) This is still fairly difficult- tougher than the Dedede infinites. It's closer to IC infinites than Dedede.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
A) Just ban FD, makes it 10x harder as then you have to use pivots and are limited to only do it on some parts of the stage
B) This is still fairly difficult- tougher than the Dedede infinites. It's closer to IC infinites than Dedede.
A) Are you serious?????!?!?! You do realize that FD is no big deal in almost every other matchup right (it sways a few matchups here and there, but nothing too serious).

B) Difficulty of use does not matter, We've seen what Hylian does consistently with Ice Climbers (he doesn't mess up). Somebody will learn it.

But I agree, it's not broken at all. It's actually a good counter arguement for the whole DDD infinite issue and the "infinites are broken" mentality in general.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
And in case someone didn't get it, I was being sarcastic when demanding this be banned. That and I'm expecting everyone who wants to ban D3's infinites to want to ban this or forever be labeled biased hypocrites.

Sudai

Stuff here
I just wanna throw this out there: Hylian does mess up. It actually lost him a tournament this past weekend. It was against a Sonic too, ironically. XD

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I just wanna throw this out there: Hylian does mess up. It actually lost him a tournament this past weekend. It was against a Sonic too, ironically. XD
Okay, so he messes up occasionally. People mess up L-cancels occasionally to, and people airdodge off the stage (in melee), but I do not expect them to mess up.

Since all these techniques are humanly possible, one should assume that the other player will have practiced it enough so that they don't mess up. You play your game going by that assumption and should never be surprised that they are doing the technique correctly.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sonic can do something similar <_<
Didn't da K.I.D find an alternative setup for Sonic's jab lock? SDJ (side B hop works too)->footstool->immediate dair (do not hit them)->turn around jab? If that works, then you could simply do a couple of jabs, run past them, B-reversal a side B hop, and repeat.

I don't think it would be "infinite" since the side B would eventually send them too high to footstool, but it would certainly rack a lot of damage.

Of course, I haven't tested any of this so....

Top Bottom