• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage Glitch and Info Amazarium

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The Stage Glitch and Info
AMAZARIUM

Welcome to The Glitch and Info Amazarium, a place of filled with wonderful crashes and screwups that plague the rickety stick house of programming known as Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Below, trying to compound the entire boards information in one place, I will be listing for each stage's known glitches and some mechanics. If you'd like to contribute, and please do, refer me to a thread or video por favor.

Multi-Stage Glitch: "The Fall Through"
During the transition periods for changing or moving stages, characters have been known to "fall through" the stage. This as been known to happen most commonly with, but not limited to, charging attacks, grabs, actions involving items, and even rolls. It's been known to happen even on static stages such as Brinstar.

Proven to occur on (click for video): Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, and Yoshi's Island.

Has been known to happen on Pokemon Stadium 1, Halberd, Onett, and Wario Ware.

Multi-Stage Glitch: "The Earthquake Glitch"
Using Kirby's Down-B, Stone, over a certain slope will cause the animation to repeat the landing animation until the move finishes.

Famously used on Picotchat, aka "Pictopounding." Video.

But can also be performed on the head of The King of Red Lions on Pirate Ship, the lowest branch on the fire transformation on Pokemon Stadium 1, and the right platform when the cord is severed on Brinstar.

Multi-Stage Glitch: "The Grab Seizure"
Grabbing certain characters on certain slants causes the grabbed to go into a strange glitchy state, almost like a seizure.

Shown to happen on Corneria and Yoshi's Island (Pipes) as Ike grabbing King Dedede, and Castle Siege as Squirtle grabbing Sonic. As well as on Green Hill Zone, Mario Circuit, Pokemon Stadium 1, and New Pork City.

Battlefield
Glitches:
  • Depending on attack and direction, a character's sword trails do not appear. Simply a cosmetic issue. Original thread.

Brinstar
Glitches:
  • Is affected from a rare glitch that causes a character to be stuck in a falling animation near the edges. Video.
  • Suffers from the fall through glitch.

Castle Siege
Glitches:
  • If Squirtle were to grab Sonic from uphill on the slope on the first transformation it will result in a grab seizure.
Mechanics:
- If the game is paused during one of the transitions, the transition will pass by quickly. The game loads the data while pausing.
- If Sudden Death happens, the match will be played out on whichever level the original match was finished.

Delfino Plaza
Glitches:

Distant Planet

Final Destination
Glitches:
  • In a stamina match, if Kirby inhales a large dead character in the middle of the stage, that character will fall down the middle. Video.

Frigate Orpheon
Mechanics:
- Amazing Ampharos has play tested the flip mechanics and explains it all in his thread. Original Thread.
- The unique stage flip mechanics can occasionally "catch" your character resulting in a KO. Video.

Green Greens
Glitches:
  • Concerning the falling bomb blocks, a glitch can occur wherein an invisible wall of explosions forms above the pile of blocks themselves. Original Thread. Video.
Mechanics:
- Occasionally, apples spawned may explode upon landing.
- Olimar can throw Pikmin against the blocks and they'll float there - opponents who walk into them will be latched unto.

Halberd
Mechanics:
- During the starting takeoff, the dropped floor causes grab breaks. Video.

Jungle Japes
Mechanics:
- The Klaptraps appear on an exact 10 second schedule.

Luigi's Mansion
Mechanics:
- On the right floating platform in the center, character's head pieces will lay atop them if they stand below or walk past. Includes Peach's and Zelda's hair, Snake's and Ike's headbands, and Link's hat.

Lylat Cruise

Norfair

Pictochat
Glitches:

• The Earthquake glitch can be performed here on the right edge of the stage.
Mechanics:
- The damaging transformations can be avoided by going to the left half floor of the stage. Image.
- The stage won't repeat another drawing until all 27 have passed - each drawing appearing every 13.333 seconds and lasting 13.333 seconds.
- The "blowing face" transformation can be stood on - DK (and most likely other large characters) glitch between poses. Video (3:35).

Pirate Ship
Glitches:
  • Suffers from a distinct version of the fall through glitch involving the catapult and the spiking bow of the ship.
  • Giggalypuff can also be formed here using the bow of the ship as it hits the rock. Video (7:32).
Mechanics:
- Characters with dive-bombing dairs can sink below the left of the rock and rise up inside it.
- If Ivysaur grabs the ledge with Vine Whip at the tip of her range, she'll swing through the water into the spiking bow for a suicide KO.

Pokémon Stadium 1
Glitches:
  • The Earthquake glitch can be performed during the fire transformation on the lowest branch.
Mechanics:
- When playing as Zero Suit Samus, the screen will mark her as simply Samus.
- During certain stage transformations, the dropped floor causes grab breaks.

Pokémon Stadium 2
Mechanics:
- During the ice transformation, when paused, a cat picture can be seen in the hut. Image
- MysticKenji has done some testing showing character stalling capabilities during the air transformation. Video.
- The audience of PS2 is rumored to have Goombas, Koopas, and even Pokemon. Original Thread
- During certain stage transformations, the dropped floor causes grab breaks.

Port Town Aero Dive
Mechanics:
- A giant ROB appears off screen at one of the stops. Can be seen when paused. Image.
- Paff has done some research into the cars and workings of PTAD and explains in his thread. Original Thread.
- Kirk, a Smash Researcher, has done a project on PTAD and has analyzed the stage's patterns in his thread. Original Thread.

Rainbow Cruise
Glitches:
  • Around the top of the stage, a character can squeeze in between the falling blocks and checkered floor. Original Thread. Video.
  • It seems the checkered fan-like platform is rather glitchy in Brawl. At 0:05 in this video, the fall through glitch can be seen. Video.
Mechanics:
- During the ship portion of the cruise, it's possible to stand on an invisible platform above the ship. Video.

Smashville
Mechanics:
- The stage's scenery is in correlation to the Wii's internal clock. Daytime in Smashville would happen during natural daytime. This, and other events, can be controlled via adjusting the Wii's internal clock manually.
- The background characters react to fighting.
- On Saturdays from 8:00 PM to 12:00 AM the character K.K. Slider will perform a concert playing one of six songs.

Yoshi's Island

Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Glitches:
  • The pipe on this stage holds some odd lighting that causes huge shadows to appear in weird places.
  • A grab seizure can be performed here with Ike grabbing King Dedede.
BANNED STAGES

75m

Big Blue
Glitches:
  • Big Blue will kill you randomly on occasion. Video (2:07).
Mechanics:
- Wario doing a wheelie on his Wario Bike and as Wario Man, and Sonic wearing a Bunny Hood are capable of actually outrunning the stage.

Bridge of Eldin
Glitches:
  • The Bridge has some really odd interactions with Final Smashes such as:
    - Having Jigglypuff use Puff Up inside the bridge while it's being repaired resulting in a Gigallypuff. Video.
    - Similar effects happen with Sonic, ROB, Bowser, Marth, Samus, Olimar, Fox, Falco, and Wolf as the new hitboxes from the bridge hurt the characters.

Corneria
Glitches:
  • If Snake attempts to stand on the canons beneath the main head of the ship via Cypher transport, he will have a "seizure". Original Thread. Video.
  • The lasers can be clanked with certain attacks. Original Thread. Video.
  • Grabbing King Dedede as Ike on a certain spot on Corneria results in a grab seizure. Video.

Flat Zone 2

Green Hill Zone

Hanenbow

Hyrule Temple

Mario Bros.

Mario Circuit

Mushroomy Kingdom I

Mushroomy Kingdom II

New Pork City

Onett

Rumble Falls
Mechanics:
- A full map of the stage courtesy of bobson: Image.

Shadow Moses
Glitches:
  • On occasion, once destroyed, the walls simply become invisible for some reason. Video.

Skyworld
Mechanics:
- Meta Knight can Drill Rush through and from below the platforms without breaking them.

Spear Pillar

The Summit
Glitches:
  • Using a grab as Olimar on the lower level in the shallow water causes him to "freeze" until hit or the water rises. Video.

Wario Ware
Glitches:
Mechanics:
- During transformations, the stage won't catch you if you're grabbing the ledge such as on Castle Siege.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You can add the blast-off glitch that Ike has on some levels. I think it's when an opponent shields aether, most of the time on certain slanted edges (Yoshi's Island left side, Lylat Cruise sometimes....not sure if tilt dependent or not). However, it's happened to me on Port Town Aero Drive as well.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Once I did a straight Drill Rushed off the right platform right as the first transformation was beginning, and the "floor" for the transition was generated right below where the Drill Rush was, and my CPU opponent got KO'd and the "floor" was near the top of the screen for the entire transition.

Different from a regular fall-through glitch^

On Skyworld, MK can Drill Rush through a platform from below without breaking it.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
For green greens, olimar can throw his pikmin against the blocks, they will float there and attach themselves to an opponent if an opponent walks into it.

Ange

Smash Lord
I think this could be included in the mechanics part of Luigis Mansion, but;

The RIGHT floating platform in the middle of the stage will cause some characters hair/headbands and such things to "lay" on the platform when they either walk past it or stand under it.

Characters who applies (what Ive discovered): Peachs hair, Zeldas hair, Links "hat" and Ike/Snakes headbands.

I dont have any video of it, but try to do it on training mode. I also have no idea if its only on the PAL version of Brawl, but you NTSC users can try it and see if it appliest there too. Just some random thing I found while fooling around on the Mansion. :p

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Cool, my Video is used as a reference for the Fall through Glitch on Pirate Ship =D

I have another replay of a different Glitch on Frigate Orpheon. Barge should know what I'm talking about ;)

Durig the stage flip I ebded up getting Star KO'd and I didn't get hit by my opponent (Barge). This would be considered a glitch right? Should I post the vid here?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Pirate Ship has a glitch where characters with plunging down aerials can go deep underwater to the left of the rock and then come up under it, getting inside the rock.

I think the bomb spawns further right than your drawing indicates on PictoChat. Regardless, the fact that drawings don't repeat until every drawing has been used (27 in total) and that they appear appear and last 13.333... seconds would be relevant under the mechanics of that stage.

Yoshi's Island (Melee) has some odd lighting that causes a huge shadow to appear on both sides of the pipe when objects are inside the pipe (Ike fsmash, Mr. Game & Watch side taunt, etc.). This is probably about as relevant as the sword trails on Battlefield.

Castle Siege's first form's slope is bizarre in terms of how it handles jump breaks; it's inconsistent with the other slopes in the game. There is also a graphic glitch that can be done on this slope with Squirtle and Sonic; if Squirtle grabs Sonic while Squirtle is uphill from Sonic, Sonic will rapidly shift between two different poses in a very glitchy way.

I know you didn't get to it, but the general rule with WarioWare is that you die if you are holding onto a ledge when the stage transforms. The stage won't "catch you" from underneath like that. This is only true for WarioWare and not the other transforming stages, oddly enough.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
During the stage flip I ebded up getting Star KO'd and I didn't get hit by my opponent (Barge). This would be considered a glitch right? Should I post the vid here?
Guess you missed my question....

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Would you mind explaining what happened? I can't see there feet, does it only happen there before the stage launches off?

I suspect that might be more of a Lucario thing than a stage thing.

D: Boo, long match. What happa? Maybe a time to skip to?

I only really need one video - maybe if it was higher quality I'd switch them. ;)

Thank you for all the info. :bee:

Once I did a straight Drill Rushed off the right platform right as the first transformation was beginning, and the "floor" for the transition was generated right below where the Drill Rush was, and my CPU opponent got KO'd and the "floor" was near the top of the screen for the entire transition.
What stage you talkin bout Deoxys?

Guess you missed my question....
Yes, please post any and all glitchy videos here. I'd actually very much prefer a video to any reported glitch. :bee:

Oh, and updated.

Barge

You can upload videos samus?

Awesome.

Just cut out the beginning, that match was suckage.

@OP: You might as well list the gigallypuff glitch on the bridge of eldin stage.

Ange

Smash Lord
...and Toon Link's hat.
You mean Link right? :D Toon Link is too short.

Bridge of Eldin has so many glitches that it almost needs its own thread. :laugh:
However, it got more then just the Giga Jiggly glitch.

ROB: Can cause several different effects from his FS, from only his small sparks to the biggest swirl. I think nothing is possible too, lol.
Also, a little funny thing. When you have the biggest swirl, you can infinite chaingrab alot of characters using your Dthrow, as they will be trapped in the beam. I only tried Jiggly being the victim, so Im not sure at all if this applies for ALL characters. Also Im not sure if you can DI out quickly out of it, as I used a "Human" victim (without a person controlling it, that is). :/

Fox: Zooms it for the rest of the match after doing the glitch.

Falco/Wolf?: Zooms in, but will zoom out after a short while, if I remember right. I dont think this happens to Foxs glitch.

Deoxys

Smash Lord

Different from a regular fall-through glitch^
Meno, do I have to prove this to you with my replay before you'll add it? If so it would be a pain. Also, it's not a fall-through glitch, since the Peach CPU I was playing against was never above the floor when it happened.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Would you mind explaining what happened? I can't see there feet, does it only happen there before the stage launches off?
The floor dropped from under our feet due to the stage transforming so it forced a grab break.
This works on PS1 and PS2 and with all grabs iirc.
And yeah it only happens before takeoff.

D: Boo, long match. What happa? Maybe a time to skip to?
0:45 - 0:55

Thank you for all the info. :bee:
no prob

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yes, please post any and all glitchy videos here. I'd actually very much prefer a video to any reported glitch. :bee:
Ok =D

You can upload videos samus?

Awesome.

Just cut out the beginning, that match was suckage.
lol I can, but it's crappy Digital camera quality :ohwell:

And I wanted to show everyone our noobness =D

Oh, if anyone wants to upload my video (Assuming you can make it look better than I can) then just let me know and I'll send it to you =D

But I'll upload it tonight

EDIT: Bleh! This was the best I could do..... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Svwxz2vbs

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
LOL
Yes!

I noticed I failed on that one chain grab, I squalled instead of faired, **** lag.

Anyways, that was weird D:
haha yeah it was good to see an old video of me. I noticed everything I did wrong. Which is good =D

And yeah, never picking Frigate as my cp again.....

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
I believe the Earthquake Glitch was found by "biL" aka "Devy" when the jappanese version was released.

But, recently at a tourny a falco I was versing fell through after he phantasmed through a wall on delfino during a switch I laughed my *** off only to get by a firebird through the floor. Then I won the match lol

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Updated once again.

Thanks for the sticky mysterious mod of justice!

Castle Siege. If I meet someone with a digital camera that wouldn't mind uploading it, the a vid will be had. It appears totally different from a standard fall-through glitch, though.
I'm thinking I'll need a video. If it's different than the fall through glitch I'd like a visual reference.

Whenever you can get to it please. :bee:

I believe the Earthquake Glitch was found by "biL" aka "Devy" when the jappanese version was released.
Discoverer's aren't too important beyond threads.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
on green greens if you up b with certain characters into the rainbow you'll blow up. done successfully 4 times in a row with sonic

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
There's a glitch on FD that causes Link's boomerang to go THROUGH the bottom of the stage and not even try to return to you, rather than bouncing off the side. I found it when I was trying to gale-guard someone. I ended up killing somebody who happened to be on the other side of the stage rofl.

I basically did a back jump while throwing boomerang offstage toward the bottom, about two or three times. Then when I did it again, the boomerang passed through the bottom of Final Destination and traveled all the way across. 0_0

After doing it over and over again, I think I know how to pull it off. If I had a cam I'd make a video =/

Does anybody know about this one?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've seen Lucas use PKT2 into Yoshi's Island (Brawl) and fall through.

I can't find the video at the moment :( but I can try...

Also @lemonwater

Phantom Boomerang, works with Link and Toon Link on BF, FD, SV, and other stages.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You going to update this soon?
[Mockingvoice]You going to update this soon?[/Mockingvoice]

on green greens if you up b with certain characters into the rainbow you'll blow up. done successfully 4 times in a row with sonic
I'd like a video confirmation of this please. :)

Anyone post that on Green Greens, if you hit a bomb block at the right moment, there will be a never ending hitbox? I'll post a vid of it later.
It's up there already.

Would someone mind confirming this freezes a Wii?

Barge

Well sorrrrrrry. It hasn't been updated in a week and theres barely any posts.

Top Bottom