• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite on squirtle - 0 - death (? almost certain)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
We all know we can chain grab squirtle, but I figured out something that will make you able to infinite him.

This is how its done:

grab>grab release>(buffer)dash pivot grab>grab hit>grab release>run pivot grab>grab hit>grab release>run pivot grab - repeat.

This way you can keep squirtle in one place, and grab hit him to build up damage. When squirtle has enough damage, grab release>regrab him to the edge of the stage, and finish him off with a grab release>offstage falling Uair.

As far as I tested, this works, but I will test it more to make sure it is really inescapable.

The reason I'm not completely sure this works is:
The pivot grab seems to take a little longer than a dash grab, and even though it seems like you grab squirtle in the same frame(s) he is in when you dash grab him, I'm not completely sure if squirtle can spot dodge in these very few frames of difference (if there is a difference at all).

But I'm almost certain you can make the pivot grab a sliding pivot grab in time to make it inescapable.

It seems squirtle can escape in time, but I might not be executing it correctly (as in, fast enough). I will practice this and test it more

Edit: I got it to work, but this doesn't say much. I'm still not sure. Can someone please test this too?

In case the pivot grab turns out not to work, I have another idea:

grab>grab release>run past squirtle>buffer jab>grab

A buffer jab might come out quicker than a pivot grab, and if it does, it can maybe make the difference between escapable and inescapable.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Have you tried this offline on a Pokemon Trainer Main? If this works, it would be some find. Also try to make a video.

Zeallyx

Have you tried this offline on a Pokemon Trainer Main? If this works, it would be some find. Also try to make a video.
Not yet. I will test this on a human opponent more asap, and I will make a vid asap too:)

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
Tested it out on a human whom was more than decent with squirtle, with no success. He would just scroll- at one point he even landed, pivoted and then grabbed me on his opposite side. This may work work to some degree, but even if they are too thick to devise a strategy similar to my friend's, do you really want to take someone from 0% to kill range at 2 damage per hit after your grab punching degrades?

I don't think that I could sit next to someone for that long, being that gay, and still look them in the eye after the match. If I was alright with that, I just assume play as D3 or Falco. I do think however that this is a good way to put on some damage, and remind them that you have full control of the match with your bottom tier character.

Zeallyx

Tested it out on a human whom was more than decent with squirtle, with no success. He would just scroll- at one point he even landed, pivoted and then grabbed me on his opposite side. This may work work to some degree, but even if they are too thick to devise a strategy similar to my friend's, do you really want to take someone from 0% to kill range at 2 damage per hit after your grab punching degrades?

I don't think that I could sit next to someone for that long, being that gay, and still look them in the eye after the match. If I was alright with that, I just assume play as D3 or Falco. I do think however that this is a good way to put on some damage, and remind them that you have full control of the match with your bottom tier character.
No offense, but it seems you are doing it wrong.
Squirtle is unable to move after a grab release until after he lands (his landing animation, where he crouches after landing, is also unavoidable for squirtle) and it seems you grab him with the sliding pivot grab just as he lands (meaning he can't escape)

also, yes, I do want to 0-death someone using only grab hits (and an Uair at the end offcourse)

Zeallyx

It seems squirtle can escape in time, but I might not be executing it correctly (as in, fast enough). I will practice this and test it more

Edit: I got it to work, but this doesn't say much. I'm still not sure. Can someone please test this too?

In case the pivot grab turns out not to work, I have another idea:

grab>grab release>(buffer)dash past squirtle>buffer jab>grab

A buffer jab might come out quicker than a pivot grab, and if it does, it can maybe make the difference between escapable and inescapable.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I hope i'm wrong, it would be nice if you could 0-death with falcon (other than really sweet combos). At this point i am fairly certain that Squirtle can land and pivot just quick enough to grab falcon as he is passing through. If this does happen tho, you can just fake out and slide-grab squirtle. I hope it works, good luck man.

Zeallyx

Wait, is this jump break or normal break?
The grab release if you don't get what I'm asking
The release that always occurs when you let go of squirtle. It is a jump break. (this occurs if you aren't grab hitting squirtle as he is beeing grab released)

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
The release that always occurs when you let go of squirtle. It is a jump break. (this occurs if you aren't grab hitting squirtle as he is beeing grab released)
Ok then. Is there a topic or list somewhere with the all the characters Falcon can do something to after jump break?

Top Bottom