• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B Reversals With Ike

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't seem to be spoken of often. I recently started applying B Reversed Eruptions into my fights, and I have to say, it works rather well. It seems to be one of the better options when coming down to earth if you have a persistent opposition, and if done on the ground, it turns you around completely without having to buffer, so it's pretty quick. I've tried it near the edge when they're too close to recovering for me to do anything, and it tricked out the opposition several times when mixed in with other edgeguards. I only just started doing it, so I'm not 100% on all of its potentially useful applications, but I wanted to throw that out there and ask if anyone else found any of Ike's B Reversals at all useful.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No one expects Ike to turn around so fast since everyone thinks he's slow. Plus most probably are expecting a bair.

Kirk

Smash Champion
1. Stop double posting please.

2. "I think the B reversal does the same damage the person hit u with, or maybe even doubled " ...wat?

3. "Btw eruption is kinda hard to dogde in the corner" ...neat?

4. Reversals are nice from time to time...though I rarely ever incorporate them into my game. Should be noted that QD B-Reversal is also quite nice for the quick turnaround surprise.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think the B reversal does the same damage the person hit u with, or maybe even doubled
No, it does the same amount of damage as a regular Eruption; this goes for all B-reversal'd attacks.

Btw eruption is kinda hard to dogde in the corner
Hard to avoid, but not hard to shield or dodge with a jump and airdodge.

On topic: B-reversal Counter would be pretty funny if you were keeping your spacing with dashes and your opponent was spamming attacks to keep you out (Marth's Dancing Blade, another Ike's FAir, etc.); I haven't tried it though.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
It works well for mind games

I don't tend to spam it much, but I do use it

Using it on the retreat is good since alot a bair like said before

comboking

Smash Master
it's just that I can't do it so I wondered if there was something I was missing. That and I'm tired.

good night btw

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
it's just that I can't do it so I wondered if there was something I was missing. That and I'm tired.

good night btw
You do it like a regular B-Stick reversal (move one way and hit the C-Stick in the opposite direction) except neutral B is very precise on the C-Stick and can end up being a counter or Quick Draw if you're not 100% on. I wouldn't recommend it, as it's very dangerous, and C-Stick smashing is better for this character anyway.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you played Marth in Melee and tried doing reverse Dolphin Slashes, the timing is similar; perform your special, then turn in the opposite direction with the control stick right after. The timing is tricky, you have to be pretty quick about it.

comboking

Smash Master
You do it like a regular B-Stick reversal (move one way and hit the C-Stick in the opposite direction) except neutral B is very precise on the C-Stick and can end up being a counter or Quick Draw if you're not 100% on. I wouldn't recommend it, as it's very dangerous, and C-Stick smashing is better for this character anyway.
I meant with out b-sticking

•Col•

Smash Champion
I meant with out b-sticking
............. He DID say without b-sticking. >_> He was just explaining that b-sticking is horrible for Ike.

It's not that hard to do, people... ._. Just jump up, Push B, and right after push the control stick in the opposite direction you're facing.... The same goes for Quickdraw and Counter... Just push in the opposite direction you're facing right after you input the move......

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That's awesome, I didn't know Ike had a B reversal. I knew Ganondorf and C. Falcon had theirs. I gotta try that out! Most of the time I play my older brother, and he doesn't know about Ike's reversal, so it's gonna be fun to surprise him with it. Do you know any other characters with B reversals?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
............. He DID say without b-sticking. >_> He was just explaining that b-sticking is horrible for Ike.

It's not that hard to do, people... ._. Just jump up, Push B, and right after push the control stick in the opposite direction you're facing.... The same goes for Quickdraw and Counter... Just push in the opposite direction you're facing right after you input the move......
Yeah, that'd be awesome to see Quick Draw like that. But do really have to jump to get it to work?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Still can't the timing of the Reversal. I tried dashing in one direction and the reversal, but I always ended up Quick Drawing back to where I originally was.
Have you tried Ganondorf and C. Falcon's B reversals before? They work the same way, I think. If you can get those to work, Ike's should be just as easy.

metroid1117

Smash Master
That's awesome, I didn't know Ike had a B reversal. I knew Ganondorf and C. Falcon had theirs. I gotta try that out! Most of the time I play my older brother, and he doesn't know about Ike's reversal, so it's gonna be fun to surprise him with it. Do you know any other characters with B reversals?
Yeah, that'd be awesome to see Quick Draw like that. But do really have to jump to get it to work?
No, you don't have to jump.

Have you tried Ganondorf and C. Falcon's B reversals before? They work the same way, I think. If you can get those to work, Ike's should be just as easy.
Please don't multi-post, you can just edit your previous one.

All characters can B-reversal, it's just that it's usefulness depends on the character.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...I normally just tap the joystick the direction I want to aim and the imput is registered. Then I just use any b move I want and it comes out in the direction that I wanted.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I meant this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Wix_KsK5g but I got the names messed up.
Sorry, I misinterpreted your meaning.

Without B-Sticking, you just have to press the opposite direction you're moving at what often feels like the exact same time as pressing B. Falcon's and Ganondorf's side B reversals make for good practice, but I kinda got used to it after being able to do rising down airs.

•Col•

Smash Champion
They Are Different. Are U Stupid Or Something?
Was that directed at me? If it was, then you're actually the stupid one. >_>

Anyway... Here's a quick vid I made about Ike's wavebouncing WITHOUT b-sticking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWo4tW_rIzk&feature=channel_page

EDIT: Just for the record, these aren't really B reversals... Well, they are but...

They are b-reversals while changing your aerial momentum. You can do b-reversals the same way, but just don't hold down the opposite direction that you're facing. Also, you can do b-reversals on the ground, but not wave bouncing.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, I finally tried it, but I can't get it to work. But I did do it with counter. I've aslo been doing it with CF and Ganondorf and those work, so I'd have to see a video or something to believe Ike's B reversal actually works.

I don't know, maybe I just timed it wrong.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't done extensive research on this but basically what you get is a sliding eruption. A nice size slide. But, as always, the input is difficult. . .

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Like (pardon me, im not yet used to giving names to everything) when you com running and up smash and you char slides a bit then does it?
Is it the same but with an eruption? would ber really helpful for surprise eruptions, plus u are safe thanks to super armour.

Though probably that has all already been said XP

Top Bottom