• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Corridor

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
This is a move I have been doing for some time now, but only now realized that aside from Rebaz, ive seen noone else do anything similar. Inspired by Santi's toon link, and Rebaz' epic reflexes, i submit to you what I call "The Captain Corridor" approach. Seriously, with the priority given by the Bair, this move is vicious. Ive used it in offline tourneys, and friendlies, tried and true, every Falcon main needs to know how to do this. It makes for more than decent approach against previously unapproachable characters.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Q-2EPvhBE

special thanks to GamerGuitarist7 for the soundbites.

Player-3

Smash Hero
RAR a bair.
jump, DI to your opponent.
do a bair.
repeat steps 1-3 until you reach your enemy.

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
RAR a bair.
jump, DI to your opponent.
do a bair.
repeat steps 1-3 until you reach your enemy.
almost man, but this does not start as a RAR. This is from a still standing positon- i made a point to show that. I dont move before i start it.

Also, I sting Y and slide to A, get lazy on the stick to keep backwards DI, and rotate a quarter to FF. When you land, just do it again. no lag on any of this approach. Whatsoever.

Player-3

Smash Hero
almost man, but this does not start as a RAR. This is from a still standing positon- i made a point to show that. I dont move before i start it.

Also, I sting Y and slide to A, get lazy on the stick to keep backwards DI, and rotate a quarter to FF. When you land, just do it again. no lag on any of this approach. Whatsoever.
starting with a RAR/standstill are close enough to the same thing

i do this sometimes, but not across the map, i may do one or two but not that many..

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
starting with a RAR/standstill are close enough to the same thing

i do this sometimes, but not across the map, i may do one or two but not that many..
At a professional level though, it is a massive difference. You have to move first to RAR. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Player-3

Smash Hero
At a professional level though, it is a massive difference. You have to move first to RAR. But I do understand where you're coming from.
i dont really see the difference, so if someone projectile camping, i would standstill CC, but i would go for the mindgamed dash>rar>CC...

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I use this too:)
Still, good thread. (As it shows something people might not know)

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Wow, could you be a bit more smug?

This guy Hiza is number 2 in Texas and I play him professionally on a daily basis.
When he did this to my pro Kirby, I was amazed.

Nice discovery, Hiza!

Zeallyx

This guy Hiza is number 2 in Texas and I play him professionally on a daily basis.

Nice discovery, Hiza!
this..isn't new..right? 0.0

RMMF

Smash Cadet
I use this, comes in handy...I actually got it from watching rebaz on youtube. Sometimes I use that straight to grab. JUKED.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
He is not saying he discovered this, sorry.
He just noticed that no publication of this move exists.

When I see this board, ToKnee, I see your name quite a bit, but I see no match videos, no ranking, no tourney results from you. All I see convoluted strategies against CPU's and flagrant speculation.

You are not Tesla, you are not Edison.
YOU ARE NOT GOD.

You have no credibility.
All you do is give the real pros headaches when they have to sift through your slop to get to the real information.
I am tired of seeing all the other posters hang on your every word.
I want everyone here to realize that this is a problem. So much so that I am not even from these boards and I noticed.

You should help the community, not lead it astray, as you have been.

Player-3

Smash Hero

When I see this board, ToKnee, I see your name quite a bit, but I see no match videos, no ranking, no tourney results from you. All I see convoluted strategies against CPU's and flagrant speculation.

YOU ARE NOT GOD.

You have no credibility.
All you do is give the real pros headaches when they have to sift through your slop to get to the real information.
I want everyone here to realize that this is a problem. So much so that I am not even from these boards and I noticed.

huh?
so hes TRYING to help, i dont see the problem.

Zeallyx

YOU ARE NOT GOD.

You have no credibility.

he may not have said he discovered it, but you did say he discovered it.

and 0.0 at the rest you said, it was completely uncalled for.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
That's why I said sorry at the beginning of my post.
I know I did say the wrong thing, so I apologized.

Regardless of how appropriate it was, it does not make it less true.

Also, posting a signature where someone called you God is pretty egotistical.

Zeallyx

It's not like I told them to say that ;_;
and I was proud, of all things..
I'll remove it..

Player-3

Smash Hero

inb4sarcasm

Lareit

Smash Ace

You're a douche.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
You're all children. Lets forget about our argument, and give Hiza some credit. This is his day.

Zeallyx

You're all children. Lets forget about our argument, and give Hiza some credit. This is his day.
You (try to) offend me, and call me egotistical, while you say play a pro kirby.. :/

I'm not sure why you decided to (try to) offend me like you did.

So you say I'm the worst poster on the board, with my said bad influence?

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
You are like a superhero doing the wrong thing.

I don't mean to flame, but it just made me mad.
I am not attacking you personally, I am attacking your posts.

This is an official apology, but I feel credit should go to Hiza for his research and time.
And please leave my Kirby out of this.

Zeallyx

This is an official apology, but I feel credit should go to Hiza for his research and time.
I don't understand what you mean at all :/
I discovered a CG on wario from 15-50% :/ and a way to land the knee sooner without landing lag..how is this wrong? I don't get it

And I never meant for anyone to call me god, but I was honoured when they did (I removed it from my sig)

How am I doing the wrong thing?

and you involved your kirby in this yourself.. :/

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but I dont see what Knee did to porvoke you in the first place.

I hate the mentality: "Only Tourney Results are what make a player amazing".

Tenki at the Sonic boards for example.

He's one of the best Sonic's out there.

He's considered a GOD.

Yet, he hasn't been to many tourney's, mostly AiB.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I use this too:)
Still, good thread. (As it shows something people might not know)

Nice discovery, Hiza!
I'm sorry, I know this whole "quarrel" was discussed already, but really?

Knee came off very polite. He stated POLITELY that he already knew about this and said it was good thread for people to read who didn't know about it. Several other people commented that THEY already knew about it so why attack him? I see no sign of him being "smug" no where in that post. It's not like he said...

"Wow, could you be more conceeded? We all know about this already so this thread is useless.

I have a pro Falcon and run these boards with my threads. I don't need you stating things the board already knows."

Just saying.

Anyway, Hiza, thanks for bringing this topic up. I've been wanting to work on my Falcon and it's interesting how these little things can improve his game :p

__V

Smash Journeyman

You're wrong. Just go away. ToKnee is one of the best posters in the Falcon boards.

And yes, excellent job, Hiza! It's quite effective as an approach; we should all definitely use it more often.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I remember way back when all of the approach / metagame discussion was done in one of the many "Falcon is the worst character" threads.

People discussed many different approaches, ranging from N-air to U-air, airdodge, and B-air (this one).

And generally, they were pretty much shot down and a consensus was reached saying that Falcon had no good approaches since they could all be shieldgrabbed and/or punished (though it turned out this was a problem not specific to Falcon, but extended to Brawl in general lol).

Of course, noone really explored what said approaches could do if landed, nor did they include positioning mixups like landing behind > B-air > F-smash (which is something I do commonly as Falcon, as a trickle-over from Sonic) but yeah - that was April for ya lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
*smokebomb*
........wat

ths is srs bissness.
dun b spam our bords wif phire plkx

falcon is a decent approacher, you just have to mindgame your opponent into the "oh hes falcon, i dont have to worry about being approached" mindset

MINDGAMES

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
wow this got out of hand, sorry about my friend Mr.Orion

He seriously just got back from a tour of duty in the marines. He becomes agitated easily, and is very irritable. Please again, excuse him- hes been through alot over there. He isnt always right in a tactful state of mind.

As for the thread, lets just put all of this out of or minds- I fear that I was not clear enough before as to my intention with this thread;

I did not discover anything, i am simply submitting an advanced strategy that I have found more than useful (outright or with mindgames). This is aside all else, for posterity.

I submit to you the button combo, and lag disposal this move offers, not the obvious approach this implies. I apologize, I assumed this would be a more fruitful endeavor than it has been. While Mr. Orion made some valid points, he made them in a way that offended many of you. Please dont blame him, he wont be doing that again, you can thank the united states marine corps.

So can we get this thread back on track?

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
actually FATS is a pretty good kirby, he still has stuff to learn, yes, but he is rather good for how new he is.

anyway this thread got de-railed big time. so i'll put in my two cents.

the corridor or whatever you want to call it seems rather useful IF landed. let me also be clear that i have not dealt with this as an approach but in mid battle. from a TL stand point if toon happens to spot dodge this is highly punishable. being able to attack from behind ( or technically in front if you are bairing ). I've played a few different falcons and i've never seen this and first time i saw it, it caught me off gaurd, it might of hit me once but i do believe i got out of it after that. how well it works against big guys, idk, i don't play falcon. anyway flames aside it does seem rather useful.

so lets all calm the **** down lol

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

Nice discovery, Hiza!
2nd in Texas?

doubts. Unless he uses MK primary and uses Falcon for funzies, cause nowadays theres NOBODY who's a Falcon tearing it up in their area (competitively) I'm respected in my area and pose a threat to people but i'm not seen as even top 10 and i'm from Niagara, I'm pretty sure Texas is better than us................

not really though heheheh

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I must add, that Mr. Orion said I am number 2 in Texas, he meant falcon. Sethlon lives near me, and I See Ultimate Razor frequently. 2nd Best Falcon in Texas, maybe, 2nd best player in Texas? I wish.

Top Bottom