• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Metà

Smash Master
AiB page

SFU Tri-Smash 3

SSB/SSBM/SSBB

General Info

Date: May 2/3
Time: Doors open at 9:30 am both days, open until 11 pm on day 1, and 8 pm on day 2
Address: 8888 University Dr.
Room #: ASB 9896 (applied science building, by the spiral staircase)

>>>Please read this<<<
if you were planning to stay at SFU overnight, see this: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7288361&postcount=663

Events

Day 1 (saturday):

-SSBM doubles - $20/team
-SSBM singles - $15/person
-SSB64 singles - $10/person
-SSB64 doubles -$10/team
-SSB64 FFA - $2
-SSBM crew battles - $20/crew

Day 2:
-SSBB singles - $15/person
-SSBB doubles - $20/team

Schedule

NOTE: This schedule may still change, but not by much. Show up early and you have nothing to worry about.

The way I'm running this tournament is a little different than how I've done it before. The times listed here are when the registration closes for each event. This gives me time to set up all the brackets, and allows for the other events to finish. There will be some overlap between events once we get to finals, which is something I do to save time.

Friday, May 1st
5:30 pm - smashfest + setting up equipment
10:00 pm - room is closed

Saturday, May 2nd:

9:00 am - Doors open, registration for all events begins
10:00 am - SSBM Doubles registration closes
1:30 pm - SSBM Singles registration closes
5:00 pm - SSB64 Doubles
7:30 pm - SSB64 Singles
11:00 pm - venue is closed, doors locked
*crew battles and friendlies at the end (after 64) if we have time

Sunday, May 3rd:
9:30 am - Doors open, registration opens
10:30 am - SSBB Doubles
2:30 pm - SSBB Singles
7:30 pm - taking down equipment
8:00 pm - everyone out, tournament over

Pre-registration

Pre-registration is not required; you can enter the tournament by just showing up if you want. This just really helps the tournament run faster, so please fill it out if you're able to, and send it to sfu.ssb[at]gmail.com. You can also post it in this thread, but I'd prefer it by email. You can also contact me by AIM or MSN if you have any questions, my contact info is in my profile.

Smash name:
either your username here on SWF, or whatever you prefer to be called in the tournament
*Contact information: any way I can contact you
*Need a place to stay?: if yes, let me know, and I'll work work something out
Events you are planning on entering:
Which days you will be attending:
Bringing equipment?: bring whatever you can, especially TV's and game consoles, and let me know how much stuff you can bring

* denotes additional information, but I'd appreciate if you take the time to fill it out

With regard to equipment, bring any of the following if you are able to:
-TV
-Wii
-GCN
-N64
-game discs
-recording set-ups
-perhaps extension cables/power bars (I'll try to provide these myself though)

Rules

SSBM Singles
Bracket: Double elimination + round robin (1 round of pools; number of games per set will be set accordingly) for seeding
Stock: 4
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, best out of 5 in the Finals (losers/winners/grand)
Neutral (random) stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64
Banned stages: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed for counter-picks
Banned stages may be selected for counter-picks if both players agree
Each player is allowed to ban ONE stage for the duration of that set, and cannot be selected either by random select or counter-pick

SSBM Doubles

Bracket: Double elimination (may be seeded by round robin)
Stock: 4
Time limit: 8 minutes (10 for semi-finals and finals)
Rounds: Best 2/3 matches, best out of 5 in the Finals (losers/winners/grand)
Neutral (random) stages: Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64
Banned stages: Fountain of Dreams (due to lag), Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Onett, Flatzone, Icicle Mt, Big Blue. All other stages allowed for counter-picks
Team attack: ON
Life-stealing allowed
Banned stages may be selected for counter-picks if all players agree.
Each team is allowed to ban ONE stage for the duration of that set, and cannot be selected either by random select or counter-pick

SSB64 Singles
Bracket: Double elimination
Stock: 5
Rounds: Best of 3, best of 5 in finals (winners/losers/grand)
Neutral stages: Dreamland
Banned stages: Yoshi's Story, Sector Z, Mushroom Kingdom. All other stages allowed for counter-picks (no player-selected stage bans)
Banned stages may be selected for counter-picks if both players agree

SSB64 Doubles
Bracket: Double elimination, or round robin if not enough people enter
Pot split: 70/30
Stock: 5
Rounds: Best of 3, best of 5 in finals (winners/losers/grand)
Neutral stages: Dreamland, Hyrule (note that either stage can be chosen for the first round if both teams agree, otherwise a coin will be flipped)
Banned stages: Same as SSB singles
Life stealing: ON

SSBB Singles
Bracket: Double elimination (possibly seeded by pools)
Stock: 3
Time limit: 7 minutes
Rounds: Best of 3, best of 5 in finals
Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island
Counterpick stages: Lylat Cruise, Delphino Plaza, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Halberd
Banned stages: everything else (unless both players agree to play on a banned stage)
Each player is allowed to ban ONE stage for the duration of that set, and cannot be selected either by random select or counter-pick

SSBB Doubles

Bracket: Double elimination
Stock: 3
Time limit: 7 minutes
Rounds: Best of 3, best of 5 in finals
Stages: see SSBB singles
Each team is allowed to ban ONE stage for the duration of that set, and cannot be selected either by random select or counter-pick

Entrants

* indicates unconfirmed player
italics indicates out-of-province player
bold indicates awesome

1. Meta
2. Koskinator
3. Rampage
4. ManLi
5. Eggz
6. Clouderz

7. chocolate thunda
*9. Victra
10. Dynamism
11. Sesshomuronay
12. Lib3r4t3
13. SpaceFalcon
14. brdy
15. Dieslow
16. talking chicken
17. Byuusan
18. Rusty Shacklefurd
19. Bwmat
20. Silent Wolf
21. DJ Combo
22. Gimpyfish

23. Toph
24. Vish
25. Kaos
26. ThePrime

27. TheKoopaBros.
28. Hitsugaya
29. SuPeRbOoM

30. Firestorm88
*31. Levi
*32. FalseFalco

33. Blue Yoshi
34. Asadelta
35. TwilightShadow
36. MarcBuckley
37. Worldjem7
*38. Ewic
39. JordPWN
40. Kefit
41. Jel
*42. Valdens

43. FrenchToasts
44. Blunted_Object10
45. NoobKing

46. mak-dall
47. lemonlau36
48. Solid-slade
49. StarWaffle
50. aish
51. Phazon_Dude
52. smash mash
53. Hillary
54. jugfingers
55. dotz
56. Alphican
57. Gannonspetmoblin
58. Daltsy
59. ZZZZ
60. PhoenixEx

Equipment

Meta: 2 TVs, 1 GCN, 1 Wii (no brawl), 2 Melee discs, 1 recording set-up
Worldjem: 1 Wii, 1 GCN, 1 recording set-up
Aish: 1 Wii
Taffy: 1 Wii
Van. Island: 3 TVs
StarWaffle: 1 TV, 1 Wii
Bwmat: 1 TV
Rampage: 1 TV
NoobKing: 1 TV
unityole: 1 TV

Total: 10 TVs, 5 Wiis, 2 GCNs
Nned more of: everything (including Melee/Brawl discs)

Clouderz

Smash Ace
im coming for sure

as long as it doesnt snow

if ally comes im going to **** in my pants

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i doubt anyone from the UK would come to any canadian tourney unless it was summer, sorry guys.

That does include VA, **** plane prices are expensive... + there's some german tourney going on in april :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You're a dink Evan. I'll try to come if there isn't much snow and stuff.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Ganonrape is returning *****eszzzz
Well are you assuming that I'm taking you? I'll try but the last couple springs have pretty much been smashless with album releases and travelling for me. I doubt I'll have things like that in the way but until I know for sure, you can carpool with me again. (if that's what you intended lol)

You're a dink Evan. I'll try to come if there isn't much snow and stuff.
Yay! We're so going for a big dinner again sometime. It should be tradition or something. Except I hope there will be more than JUST ME driving this time. Bring misterrapeateverygame too...you know, Dan.

snow in april? What do you think this is? The rest of canada? HAH
lol nice

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'll try to make it.

btw, how is it more time if it's still only two days? What are the hours going to be? Can you make it three days so we have time for like, lots of side events and friendlies?

Metà

Smash Master
I'll try to make it.

btw, how is it more time if it's still only two days? What are the hours going to be? Can you make it three days so we have time for like, lots of side events and friendlies?
Not three days, but definitely a smashfest the day before.

Also, we are going to have more time because I'm going to have it open later. 3 days straight for a tournament is too much for me to handle though. I always do a majority of the work myself, and it's hard getting everyone to play their matches when it's so loud and people are always playing friendlies.

We have plans though, to make it run smoother. We'll try to use a projector to display the brackets on the wall, and maybe have a microphone or loudspeaker or something to call matches.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I'll co run the tournament with you if I can both make it and you can make it 3 days. I was helping you out last time, when you were busy.

How's about it, Evan? What do you say?

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I helped out with Recording and i got credit for it, btw im coming there with the stuff. Naturally i gotta do a test run before i can offically call it working.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'll try and come to at least one day, possibly both. Not sure what's happening for me in April since I want to go on co-op this summer. I won't be entering any events.

I'll do posters and stuff (probably going to look the same as last time as we didn't really use them too much) as soon as we get a date. We have to do early advertising for this one guys. Post it up wherever you go to school/work!

Metà

Smash Master
I'll try and come to at least one day, possibly both. Not sure what's happening for me in April since I want to go on co-op this summer. I won't be entering any events.

I'll do posters and stuff (probably going to look the same as last time as we didn't really use them too much) as soon as we get a date. We have to do early advertising for this one guys. Post it up wherever you go to school/work!
Can you change it to a picture of Falcon? Actually, a picture of 3 Falcons taunting, one from each game, would be the best.

Metà

Smash Master
And the bulge.

Yakal- I think he should make us a video saying thanks for all the help we've given him. Eh?
I don't owe you anything. Thanks for helping me, though I can't even remember exactly what you did. The thing I need help with the most is usually setting up, but that's a given. Also, calling out matches, but I'll have a better system for that at TS3.

Top Bottom