• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH Fair -> Dair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around with Dedede last night and (idk if anyone already found this) I noticed that if you SH fair, and then when the Fair animation is over immediately jump while using dair you land on the ground with no landing lag. This is really nice because after the dair you're on the ground with no "dust cloud" animation thing. On some characters you can even SH fair->footstool dair and catch them with the full dair.

Just while we're on this topic, I also noticed that if you SH fair, and then after the animation is over fastfall and crouch, it cancels the "dust cloud" animation that usually occurs with Dedede from falling. If you SH fair -> FF the normal way, you'll notice the funny animation that I'm talking about. Skipping this animation could save you! lol This is useful because you can SH>Fair>FF>crouch>dair. Just make sure you don't FF the fair too early because you'll have bad lag if the animation is still going on.

I hope to get some feedback on this to see if other players already have noticed this already.

Edit: Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crh1VYsCQKY

Buuman

Smash Ace
I've been doing this for while...it appears more useful than it actually is believe it or not. What I like to do is SH fair --> dair..(land) ---> down tilt/side b/or ftilt usually d tilt because it comes out quickest

rgrwilco

Smash Apprentice
so its goes a little something like this

short hop foward air but then jump again at the same time use down air

or your thingy

SH>Fair>FF>crouch>dair.

short hop foward air fast fall then crouch real quick then jump again with d air???

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
so its goes a little something like this

short hop foward air but then jump again at the same time use down air

or your thingy

SH>Fair>FF>crouch>dair.

short hop foward air fast fall then crouch real quick then jump again with d air???
Yeah, short hop forward air, jump + down air = no landing lag

and as for "short hop foward air fast fall then crouch real quick then jump again with d air???" this isn't correct. I was trying to illustrate two separate chains of moves. I'll post a video.

RATED

Smash Lord
I do this since a long time but is useful info , u can mix it up after u do both aerials with a Dtilt or a Inhale. if they shiield use ur inhale or grab(but inhales are more"random"), if they spotdodge use Dtilt. if they attack shieldgrab.if they roll u know what to do if they roll outside of u waddle dees, if they roll to get in ur back Dsmash.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Dude. This could come in handy!! :D

EDIT* ****, dubblepost:p

LouieC

Smash Rookie
i never hit short characters with a f-air unless they jump..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom