• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Hit and Run, Offensive, or Deffensive

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
have no idea if I spelled that right.
So what do you think jigglypuff is better as a hit and run character. An offensive character, or deffensive. I tend to just hit and run and only attack if they attack me and miss. Which I find easy mostly because I only stay in the ground to begin to jump agian. What do you think is the best way to use this rather light but strong character

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's not called "Hit and Run" if you're going to use it aggressively... You hit your opponent, then RUN away. Mind you, "run" is subjective; you don't have to cross half of FD for that phrase to qualify.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
You use all three, interchangeably, all of the time. If you get yourself set on one method you become predictable, and thus susceptible to punishment, and thus dead.

mix up offense, teching and defense with ground, air, and landing play.
don't keep one defensive while the other is offensive, that makes you predictable too.
if you keep that in mind you have 9 different play options, none should last more than 45 seconds.

that's how i play at least.

∫unk

Smash Master
Why wouldn't you be offensive after you land a hit with any character? You have frame advantage so capitalize on it before the situation is set to neutral again.

In a neutral situation in brawl you don't want to be offensive unless you know what they're going to do or know how to punish small lag windows.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't you be offensive after you land a hit with any character? You have frame advantage so capitalize on it before the situation is set to neutral again.

In a neutral situation in brawl you don't want to be offensive unless you know what they're going to do or know how to punish small lag windows.
Ah.. see you confused Landing play, like landing from air to ground with landing a hit.

I meant if you're to offensive on landing play you're gonna get grabbed, and if you're too defensive you're gonna miss some great opportunities.

Yes of course you're going to be offensive when you land a hit, always make the most of your 'extra' frames.

Conversely when you take damage you usually want to DI away from the attacker, to save yourself from more damage.

Besides these gameplay 'norms' keep your style varied, just because a character is best used in one way doesn't mean you should spam that one method. That to me is the difference between someone who knows when somethings in their favor, and someone who knows how to turn the situation in their favor.

Top Bottom