• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash V: Reunion San Antonio, TX BRAWL RESULTS!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Thank you everyone for coming, thank you everyone for putting up with things that went wrong, and thank you for reminding me why I love hosting tournaments. Final Smash 6 is currently TBA Summer 2009, and will be better, faster, stronger.

My thoughts on Day One:

Certainly not the best ran tournament, but don't say I didn't try my hardest to please everyone. Whenever I tried to cut things back so we could finish earlier, the people spoke and I listened.

It was not the best ran, but ****, all the exciting matches, all the tension, all the epic drama, all the magic, that's what I like most about my tournaments, which make them stand out from others. I hope everyone left the tournament with good memories of a fun and epic tournament.

After all, how many tournaments crash an IHOP and break a table?

Despite the fact that I myself think this was ran horribly, I still have had players telling me how much they enjoyed themselves. While I still doubt everyone feels that way (can't make everyone happy) I'm glad I didn't have to resort to anything less than what I had to do to get this finished as far as it did.

I have to make some serious reconsideration about a schedule for the FS6, which now will be only Brawl. I will simply make a Melee a separate tournament all together. If that was the case, I would have simply done teams after pools were done, and we would have all been out before midnight.

Things that I didn't anticipate:

-DuggFin canceling.... again:urg: (I know it's not your fault!) but I was really in need of someone with more experience with pools, and extra setups.
-Other cars that would have brought set ups.:embarrass
-I closed registration at about 2pm, so I don't know what took so long to get pools moving.:confused:
-One tv per pool (and with 97 entrants, there is simply no way I could have done a bracket..... although chances are both would have taken the same amount of time):(
-People that bring HD monitors that lag (no offense, but the majority of players pick up on that and it becomes troublesome when I call a match and the players tell me they don't want to play on that TV).:psycho:

My thoughts on Day Two:

While I was exhausted, I still had a pretty decent turnout, didn't have any mishaps that couldn't be remedied thanks to Bear being able to piece together the bracket when Tio crashed out of the blue.

My only disappointment is that I looked so forward to entering Melee because I've been playing so much and feel like I improved a lot. However, because I'm so exhausted, I played like total garbage and just rolled into everything.:cry:

Thank you everyone who came to support this tournament, which had better reflect on the power rankings!

Brawl Singles (97 entrants, Pools into a 48 man bracket)

1: Lee. ($388) (Lucario)
1: Ultimate Razer ($388.00) (Snake)
3: Infinity ($97.00) (Metaknight)
4: Espy ($ 48.00) (Sonic)
5: The Jerm ($48.00) (Toon Link)
7: DMG (Wario)
7: LE THIEN (Diddy Kong)
9: Dojo (Metaknight)
9: d4ba (Metaknight)
9: UTD Zac (GW)
13: Bad News Bear (Pika/Falco)
13: Melee1 (ICs/Meta)
13: Sudai (Rob)
13: Magik
17: Santi (Toon Link)
17: DPhat
17: Typ EX
17: Hylian (GW?)
17: Fatty Fat Fatso
17: bwett (Yoshi)
25: Carnage
25: Furious Duffman X
25: Popertop
25: Phantom X
25: Cyphus
25: Forsaken
25: Ran Iji
25: KOS-MOS
33: Suspect
33: BlueJ
33: A male platypus
33: Phoenix Alpha
33: Angel
33: BWAMP
33: K Prime
33: Fogo
49: rOni
49: T
49: CY (Falco)
49: TAKE UR Life
49: Arturito Burrito
49: Neocell
49: Sethlon
49: Ty
49: Zaiah
49: ADMJP
49: Majesty
49: Cha0tic

Brawl Teams (3-way split due to time contraints)

1: Cap'n Crunch (Infinity + UTD Zac) ($104.00)
2: Kings of Ownage (Damien + Shawn) ($78.00)
2: Explosive Butthole (Ultimate Razer + Lee) ($78.00)
4: Ride with Light (DPhat + Magik)
5: Broken Arrow (Dojo + Santi)
5: Chopped Liver (Furious Duffman X + Parker)
7: Hot Boys & The College Years (Kyle Hendricks + Daniel Truong)
7: We gett'n high tonight (Pierre + Lufus)
9: OM NOM NOM (DMG + Phantom X)
9: Latino Thundah! (Gaia + Angel)
9: For Vaporeon's Sake (Sudai + Foursaken)
9: Ogof the Inpaler (Kown + Fogo)
13: Twin Snakes (Dance Grenade + MorningStar)
13: Thumb-like Pee-Pee (Bwett + Beah)
13: :) (A Male Platypus + I Try)
13: Ballin' (KOS-MOS + Le Thien)
17: BlueChu (Espy + K Prime)
17: Team Last Minute Option (JoWii & Whasp)
17: Pretty Pink Pwnies (Lock + Phoenix Alpha)
17: Neo Burrito (Neocell + Arturito Burrito)
17: Wings of Suck (Cha0tic + Suspect)
17: The Will Smith Experience (Po Pimpus + Typ EX)
17: Plasma Origami (Hylian + Sethlon)
17: Try Hard (Alex C + Eric C)
25: Oi Hate You! (LuWiigi + Dare?)
25: Beard Buddies (Niddo + Hiza)

Melee Singles (Due to Tio crashing, we only have the top placers)

37 entrants for singles

1st: Xelic ($222)
2nd:Wobbles ($92)
3rd: DoH ($55)
4th: Caveman
5th: ARC
5th: Rayzorium
7th: Davico
7th: Alex19

Melee teams

15 teams total

1st: Wobbles won the tournament! SPOILERS! (Caveman+Xelic)$90
2nd:Ladies First (DoH+Wobbles) $38
3rd: You are not prepared (Rayzorium+Kal) $22
4th: Team Mexico (Davio+YU)
5th: Cat Kill (Kite+Gale)
5th: Team Waka Laka (Alex19+Forkgirl)
7th: Gabe's Arc (Gabe+ARC)
7th: Magic Man and El Diablo (Zero+Lep)

Shout outs for when I get home soon.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, MK wasn't banned.

Man, that was a crazy idea on my part, choosing this tournament as the first tournament I attend. And then I get a crazy pool on top of that......lulz. Fun times. Had to leave part way through. I was so tired I was getting sick. Nearly upchuck'd 15 minutes after I left.

Shout Outs:

AB: I'll shout out to you on the Ike boards. >_>

Hiza: Sorry again about bailing out in teams. >_< Lots of fun though. Now I have Falcon as a secondary.

Hylian: No wonder you're so good. IC's kicked my rear from one end of the stage to the other. Fun Diddy match though. I can't believe I got that close to winning that game.

The crazy good Lucas player in my pool who I later fought in teams: GGs. Pirate Ship was a blast.

Greyfox: Thanks for being the only person I got a win on in my pool. XD

Everyone else in my pool: You all slaughtered me. It was a great learning experience about the competitive side of Brawl. I really need to work on my spacing and making sure I have my C-stick to tilts instead of smash next time I set up my controls.

Everyone in the tournament: Word of advice, never play wifi the week before a tournament. It screws up your spacing and timing so much it's not even funny. XD

Zori

Smash Champion
WHAT? wtf o-0 sethlon last place? jerm higher then santi? beah? lol

Edit:oh wait... this was after pools :] good job guys

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
wow.... Disappointing. Trashy jerm got 5 th? Seth, what happened, why would u use ZS? Kown didn't make it out of pools.........

Razer and lee, good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think some people just had bad days. Sethlon especially.
Uh, not really he just played a character he's only been playing for a few days.

This tournament was hard. Leaving for melee now.

My bracket was ridiculous:/.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Metaknight, Snake, Metaknight, Sonic, Toon Link ROFMLAo

Good **** jerm, big improvement since tomball lol

its good to see top 5 get payed out

razer had some juicy batteries in his wiimote at this tournament it seems

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
This whole thing was a HUGE blast. I had so much fun it was unreal. The only thing that I john'd all day was how Pool #2 (My pool) was by far the hardest, so hard in fact that Hylian almost didn't make it out. Thanks Jerm! for helping the guy. My pool had like 6 good players all fighting for that top 4 spots. I swore up and down that I would be glad to trade anyone spots in pools. >.<

Now for shout-outs

JUJ: Gotta give first to my bro and partner in crime. You almost made it out but good job for trying. And I didn't end up like the Lions this year. :D

Slim: Boy you finally show up after 20 million years of not being seen. It was great to see your black *** again. (No homo)

DSB: Looks like I didn't get a chance to beat your face in this time around. Good to see you again

ZSdK: Hey man sorry you didn't make it out. I figured that you were gonna be the ones to make it out. Must be cause you haven't been around in a while.

K Prime: Dude man don't sweat it. You made the most epic fight against Santi and you let everyone know how great you are. Seriously the best Pika in TX guy.

Espy: More Kudo's and power to you for getting 4th man. You must be an Esper cause you are the best Sonic alive.

Zaiah: Good to see you and your girl again. Hope you had a good time.

Chaotic Nightmare: You are just too good. Crazy meeting up with you at church's.

PhantomX: Your still too good. Next time I'll get you. No john's against you guy, just my fault for not remembering stuff about Zelda v Wario and SD's 3 times in 2 match's.

Hylian: Man you better kiss Jerm! for helping you make it out of pools just to get that far. Lol you don't have to guy but good job taking the open chance. Your too awesome :)

Jerm!: **** man good job getting 5th guy. Hey we gotta hit up one day and just play. Need to get used to Santi's T.Link and yours :)

Sethy: Sorry you had a bad day and all but you showed me that Zamus is too good. Way to fast. :)

Hiza: It was good seeing you again. Maybe we will see each other again at Hobo 14.

Santi: Your just way too awesome. Like a little brother with nothing but awesome. Sorry about what happened to you and Dojo in Teams. Much love to ya (No Homo)

Dojo: Sucks that your contact came out like it did. Good thing is that your coming to the true SA in TX. Gotta hit up with you for casuals some time. :D

Infinity, DMG, Sudai: You guys were too good and great to talk to. Hope to have more fun at Hobo 14. :)

Players in Ty's Pools: WTF?!?!?! How are you gonna let a Scrub Zelda make the brackets like that? The ones who 2-0 him good job for doing your part. the others who 1-1 him, just stop playing brawl this minute.

To everyone else in that tourney: Good to see you and thanks for stopping by.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If everyone checks the first post, I have my thoughts on Brawl Saturday currently up. I'm packing up and getting ready for Melee.... somehow I think I will able to survive despite no sleep.

Full shoutouts for the Brawl peeps will come later today.

And I just added a char breakdown for the top 8 or so.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Was MK banned? Dojo/d4Ba *both* outside of top 8 at worst is weird.
dude, d4Ba isn't good. He just counterpicks.

and Dojo had an effing tough bracket.

Okay yeah, what's up with people that got 1st and 2nd seed not getting byes?
Isn't that the whole point of pools?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good **** Razer and Jerm! Especially you Jerm, you did very good! :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Espy is amazing. Way to wreck everyone man.

:093:

Hyro

Smash Lord
Whoa.

....just...whoa.

Jerm, toooooooo goooood. Rep that toon link.

Ran, Cyphus, Roni, Sudai...pros...all the LA'ers made it out of pools, soooo sexy.

Espy? A Sonic as 4th? I just s**t myself.

...............Lee................

OMGWTFPROH4X. WOW....way to rep LA. There goes all my hope for ever winning an LA tourney lolol!

$388.00. I'm assuming that means for GameWare, Taco Bell's on you. ^_^

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Wow.................................................................

I'm tired. Got back 8 in the morning. Shouts later.

LA is the best <3

zaiah@satx

Smash Rookie
oktourney

lol ggs suspect
even tho you picked gay rainbow cruise lol

ran sucked so bad lol
all his snake did was foward tilt

ggs to everyone in my pool
it was hella fun
and im looking fowad to the next tourny

maybe i wont get so bored from waiting 2 hours

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone that congratulated me, and yes quivo your toon did help lol. Hopefully mine helped you also in that last tournament you went to. And all your vids vs AZ taught me how to handle banana's when I was fighting Le Thein. Oh and one more thing.. eff you xyro.

Shout Outs!

Hylian: Insane pools, you almost didnt make it out man =x gg's though

Forsaken Good DDD man. We went 1-1 in pools, gotta settle this =]

D4ba I still dont like you.. lol jk you destroyed our beastly pools. Hopefully I gave you a hard time at least D:

Pier I think I spelt that right? Anyways... extremely good Lucas. Never seen that before lol

Fatty Fat fatso Tooo good of a wario. If I wouldnt have played DMG or PopTop in a tournament before.. I prlly would have good *****. Gg's

DPhat Nice marth, but snake on Pipes??! That really surprised me. Lucky I've played on Pipes in some friendlies

Le Thein Your diddy is insane, but I was determined to get revenge for santi lol. Great games

Infinity Nice Job beating me up D: I'll come back stronger next time.

Dojo Meanie.. didnt want to give me Mk practice lol. Oh well, probably would have mentally destroyed me anyways xD

Razer Flee in my eye man.. sry xP haha good ****

Fogo Good Lucario, fun chillen with ya

Peach player with the tag of Color? Reallyyy good Peach. I've played against Gea so I kinda know what to do, but yours was so different. We gotta play again one day.

Santi Your awesome <3

Espy I didnt get to play you, but wow, your games against D4ba had me more tense than some of my matches lol. Really good ****!

Hmmm, I'm gonna through out sleepy johns for anyone I forgot =x. Fun tournament King Mosquito!

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
I just woke up :)

Zahia- Sorry man i take everyone to rainbow cruise, but man yo mario is good. Prolly the best mario here.

Espy- Good job getting 4th, once again i cant take you out of a tourny.

Jerm- my brotha! good job getting 5th, i didnt get to see any of ur matches, wish i did tho.

Sethlon- :( sobe was good tho right?

morningstar- sucks you didnt make it outta pools man :(

fatty fat fat- dude u have the worst playing style ever (yes im johning) i shoulda of asked KM if what you were doing was considered stalling cuz in a sense you WERE stalling. Oh well play to win i guess

roni- my son that like butthole lmao

sudai- my other son! nice rob man

cyphus- main you dont play as DK you play as King Kong, u are scary with him.

In all words fun tourny, i told everyone this will be my last, im starting to get into other games now and just life. Smash really does not have my attention anymore.

TvC FTW

Nike.

Smash Hero
HOUSED 27 PEOPLE:

1: Lee. ($388) (Lucario)
3: Infinity ($97.00) (Metaknight)
7: DMG (Wario)
9: Dojo (Metaknight)
9: d4ba (Metaknight)
9: UTD Zac (GW)
13: Bad News Bear (Pika/Falco)
13: Melee1 (ICs/Meta)
13: Sudai (Rob)
13: Magik
17: Santi (Toon Link)
17: DPhat
17: bwett (Yoshi)
25: Carnage
25: Popertop
25: Cyphus
25: Forsaken
25: Ran Iji
33: Angel
33: BWAMP
33: Fogo
49: rOni
49: CY (Falco)
49: TAKE UR Life

30 people at IHOP after the tourny was THE BEST. And I felt kinda bad for the waitor. Roni making them give me fre ice cream and then everyone singing to me was awseome. I was speechless. You all are the ****. Theres not a single thing id rather be doing to spend my 18th birthday. Thank you all for making this one of the best experiences of my life.

Didnt know how I was gonna explain the huge amount of people in the house to the parentals. Thought I was a goner for sure. Instead, I wake up and find a buttload of donuts, sweets, milk and orange juice sitting in the kitchen. God that was awesome. And you guys never finished it! Mom for top tier :D

As for videos. My camera makes video too high on quality and memory, so I have to put each one through mindows movie maker. One at a time :/ I guaruntee that they wont be up for at least another 3 days.

I played one match about 2 hours ago for the first time since friday. Against Melee1. Ouch.

Im an adult as of today! And I'll be spending it asleep lol. I'll do some Le Thien type shoutouts later today. So many of you that it would take forever.

CY

Smash Ace
good tournament, but shouldn't i get 33rd if i got 2nd seed in my pool? :confused: 2nd seed= bye first round right? w/e not a big deal. longest ****ing tourney ever lol driving and playing wise. sudai first round and then DMG first round of losers.... gayyy :( ihop was pretty epic after the tourney, even if we left there at 6 AM and it took 2 hours for food. i'll do shoutouts later.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No one complain about bracket toughness when I had to face the best El Paso player first, followed by Razer, followed by either Hylian or DMG, followed by LeeMartin had I won all my matches, lol. Then the way losers were handled I had to play these EXACT SAME PEOPLE in the loser's bracket as they were popped off.

I get second in pools to not only not get a bye, but to get the bracket from hell XD I should've placed better than some of the people up there I think, but I had a good time either way, so whatever :p I'll have to do shoutouts later.

Thanks for being a tournament host that actually gives a **** about his player's interests, though... that means a lot XD And at least pools means I got my monies worth of games.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
fatty fat fat- dude u have the worst playing style ever (yes im johning) i shoulda of asked KM if what you were doing was considered stalling cuz in a sense you WERE stalling. Oh well play to win i guess
lol, cry more.
daniel rules.

waiting to see melee results since i couldn't go :(
main reason i'm posting though, KM--> on your results, shouldn't 2 people be tied for 5th, 4 tied for 9th, and 8 tied for 17th? it looks like 4 people are missing from the results... :\

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My god...time for shout outs...this'll take awhile. Let's see, it's 4:37 as I type this...

In General: IHOP afterward was too awesome. It was great to hang out with so many people at this tournament, and it was definately a great experience. This has to happen again.

Oh, and no NT vs. ST made me sadface. It'll happen next time.

----------

Lee: I NEVER got to play you besides that one friendly at Nike's house. Good shiz though, I want to play you again sometime. Louisiana is too good.

Ultimate Razer: AAAAAAGH! Our matches were so close. You'd better speed up, or next time I'm running all over your Snake's ugly face. Great games man, you definately deserve the spot.

Infinity: We had some nice matches in Winner's. It was fun to go up against such a seasoned Meta Knight. I hope to get some more friendlies in some other time.

The Jerm: You got much better since Tomball. Your Toon Link is too good to watch. Definately something fun

DMG: Didn't see you play at all for some reason. Way to **** Bluechu in teams.

LE THIEN: Green Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens!!! Diddy match is still too fun to play.

Dojo: You seemed to be a little out of it at this tournament. Hope you can show me why you **** so hard for the next tournament.

d4ba: Green Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeens!!! Oh, and fSmash is amazing. It sucks people in with its tantalizing spinning motions.

UTD Zac: Did I ever get to play against you? Good job getting high up in the brackets.

Bad News Bear: Your Pika almost made me shiz myself. So ****ed fast.

Melee1: We had some great matches. I still feel bad for running the clock, but it was the smart thing to do, you know? Your ICs are scary though. Makes me glad I play someone who can run so fast.

Sudai: Your ROB blew my ****ing mind. I've never seen so many gyro tricksies and lasers in a single set.

Magik: I saw one of your matches, but that's about it. Nice chatting at IHOP though. Bacon Egg Cheeseburgers are too good.

Santi: I only caught your set with K Prime, but good **** with the Toon Link on Norfair. Such a silly level.

DPhat: You have quite the fun Marth to fight. Good games in the pools, and way to **** everyone.

Hylian: What happened in the brackets? I didn't catch any of your matches. Melee said you guys played some IC dittos though. Sounds like it'd be fun to watch.

bwett: I really wish I could've caught your Yoshi in action. It must be beast if you got so high. Nice.

Furious Duffman X: Good games in the pools. GaW vs. Sonic was a great match.

Popertop: Didn't play this time... :(

Phantom X: It was cool to talk to you for the night. Gave me something to do besides ***** to myself about being so hungry XD.

Cyphus: SICK Donkey Kong. I was rooting for the both you and Melee1 when you guys played. It was amazing.

Ran Iji: Amazing first round of the tournament.

KOS-MOS: I didn't even know you were there until pools was over. I'm too slow?

Suspect: lol, again we play in tournament. We always do. Your Kirby always uneases me for some reason.

A male platypus: Not bad for your first tournament. I expect awesome things from your Fox.

K Prime: Don't sweat it with this tournament. You played fantastically vs. Santi. Bluechu will rise from the ashes. We just need to work on our cooperation.

Fogo: Thank you for helping me learn about the Fogo magic. I'm still in awe.

Sethlon: You stopped playing Falco? Either way, your Zero Suit is cool for being fresh. I can't wait to play it.

Cha0tic: Super sexy pit.

Greyfox/JUJ/Morningstar: We didn't get to stick around too often. Glad you came.

San Antonians (WallE, etc.): Thanks for coming out to see and play in the tournament. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Kyle: Good **** hosting this deal. Get a good night's sleep. Oh, and way to put the player's priorities over the venue owner's. It's too pro. XD

Nike: Sucks you couldn't go till later. Go and upload the videos now!! I wanna see 'em!!!

----------

That's about all I can remember. To anyone I forget, it was fun to play with/hang around with you guys. Definately a memorable experience. I look forward to the next tournament, and I'll try to get out more often to play in some epic tournaments.

Ruthless

Smash Cadet
i don't play brawl :\ what do i win from the bet?
a gtfo this topic since you really have nothing to do with it and pm me so we can stop spamming this topic

@ Espy- Inorite :( Sonic is just a character i have problems against. I truly am too slow

Top Bottom