• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| QLD SummerSmash 09 | Brawl Finals Vids |

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

THIS IS NOT THE GOTGAMES REGIONAL QUALIFIER!!!

Update:
Accomodation Suggestions
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6462906&postcount=86

This will be the thread for discussion of the upcoming 2 day LanSmash event at ANZ Stadium at Nathan, Brisbane. Only today did I discover that it would be a two day event. I don't know if Blade's pullin our legs or something, but from the looks of it, it's going to run for two days.

Therefore!

Day 1: Brawl
Day 2: Melee

I'll make this first post epic and awesome, but for now I just wanted to get the info out there.

I'll just say for now that I want the singles events for both games to run pools!

Also, even if you don't want to play Melee/Brawl on either of the days, there's a host of different tournaments including:

CS: Source
Red Alert 3
Team Fortress 2 (3v3)
Halo 3
Streetfighter 2: HD Remix
Counter Strike 1.6

Schedule

Day 1

09:00am - 10:00am: Set up and friendlies
10:00am - 10:30am: Brawl Doubles Registration
10:30am - 12:30pm: Brawl Doubles

12:30pm - 01:00pm: Super Happy Lunch Time/Money Matches/Friendlies

01:30pm - 02:00pm: Brawl Singles Registration
02:00pm - 03:00pm: Brawl Singles (Pools)
03:00pm - 04:30pm: Brawl Singles 8 Man Bracket (May be 16 depending on numbers)

05:00pm - 06:00pm: Draft Crew Battle

Day 2

09:00am - 10:00am: Set up and friendlies
10:00am - 10:30am: Melee Doubles Registration
10:30am - 12:30pm: Melee Doubles

12:30pm - 01:00pm: Super Happy Lunch Time/Money Matches/Friendlies

01:30pm - 02:00pm: Melee Singles Registration
02:00pm - 03:00pm: Melee Singles (Pools)
03:00pm - 04:30pm: Melee Singles 8 Man Bracket (May be 16 depending on numbers)

05:00pm - 06:00pm: Draft Crew Battle

Hurry up and book flights while they're cheap!

Also, since this is an event discussion topic, trolls and flames will be reported. I'm not having that sillyness in here.

ENTRY FEE:
$15 for one day or $25 for two days.

Everybody will earn points according to their placing which will go towards a Queensland Ranking system for players.

Attendance List:
1. Vyse
2. Azure Rune
3. Sieg
4. Arrow
5. Dedu
6. Accelerate (?)
7. Sirias (?)
8. l3o0k3r
9. Amaterasu
10. DJ Cat
11. Gords
12. Kickflip
13. Drive_Thru
14. Kayahan
15. Pez
16. Scrubs
17. Luke_Atyeo
18. Shaya
19. Jatz
20. KK
21. Moose
23. Jei Jei
24. Meteor Master

Maybe List:
1. Atlasmist
2. djbrowny

+ Many randoms at LanSmash

I strongly recommend posting in this thread, confirming your intent to attend this tournament.

Equipment List

TVs: 7
Wii's: 3
Brawl: 3
Melee: 2

Sieg: 1 TV
Rune: 1 TV
Vyse: (1 of each)
DJ Cat: (3 TV's, 2 Wii's, Brawl, Melee, N64)
Kickflip: Wii, Brawl

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmm

If similar prices exist for fights from Adelaide... :D

Still a lot to consider with work though >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Flights from Adelaide to Brisbane return are $170.
That's still cheaper than what it cost me to go to Sydney last year.

Sydney is about $110 return.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Brissy two day event?

Looks good to me! I can do stuff on the first day while smashing it out on the second day <3

Sirias

Smash Champion
Cricket? Blah, I suck at Cricket now, I remember I was playing with Ben and Juggie and my lack of interest and skill contributed to my failure at swinging and connecting the bat with the ball.
Maybe I should play more, and get better, though, hmm...

LanSmash, is this?
How was the last LanSmash, did it go well?
Still unsure of whether I want to bother going from the tournament of last time, last year or so.
I shouldn't be basing everything off only one encounter, I ADMIT! But I can justify it with how bad it was.
Nonetheless...
If the last LanSmash thing was of any success, then this is worth going to.

Then again...
I might just go to watch people play. c:
Or play the other games.
I wonder how good my Counter Strike playing is now, probably below under-aged-crap, but no worries, I intend to go in and suicide, which is my main mission in any game I play these days in Co-ops.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The tournament we had last time was good stuff. It just suffered from poor attendance. It got a few new faces interested, and it seemed like a few people wanted to join in.

Since it's going to be a much more organized and focussed affair this time around it should be good.

We're running pools! So it should be a lot more fun for everybody cause everybody will be able to play more than a couple of matches on both days.

JB who runs LanSmash wants to see competitive smash take a larger role in their LAN's and it's a smart move since its a whole new group of gamers to help ensure that LanSmash continues growing.

Basically, it's up to us to make the most of LanSmash. Unlike other events (Animania comes to mind) there's no ******* around since it's a BYOC LAN. We bring in our equipment as per normal and play Smash. We run by our own schedule, and we can be there til reasonably late (like 10pm)

I'm very happy being involved in LanSmash.

EDIT:

Also lol Ryan, I didn't think you were one to miss out on Melee.
Oh and, no where did I mention that the winner gets a free flight to Melbourne. So you're going to have to find a quotable source that says the winner gets a partially subsidised flight to Melbourne. Because I think that was scrapped or is otherwise not going ahead.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
yeah ill be there i have the weekend off and booked for it all.
And wont it be a all night lan like they use to have? where you dont even have to sleep you just play games all through the night(Jason and I went a few years ago and you either slept on the ground someplace or just played games all through the night.)
Also ill be there for the Street Fighter 2 HD Remix tourney but ill try my hand in some brawl as well. Melee ill just be Ryans cheer boy waiting for that Reverse Air Falcon Punch i was promised in Sydney

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You'll be ranked 1st on the Melee Rankings that I'm going to record for the whole year.
Winning Brawl will put you at the highest points for that, and winning both will put you at first place in the combined rankings.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Do you have times yet for the events yet or are they coming up? And do we bring our own wiis and brawl games controllers, etc.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I guess I'll have to take back what I said before. It seems that as per GotGames, (of which, information about mysteriously disappeared), the winner of the Brawl event will be paid a travel stipend to attend the finals in Melbourne.

So what do people want to do, will you mind much if I bung on an extra $5 for Brawl?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've updated the OP with the proposed Schedule for the two days.
I can't confirm that I can add that extra price entry fee for Brawl because that's JB's call.

EDIT:
Let it be known.
I don't like this set of circumstances.
:(

If not enough people are willing to put into a $5 tournament after paying $15 to get in, I won't be enforcing it. I leave this entirely up to you guys, because, I would rather more than anything, that you guys come and participate.

I'll have to brainstorm some method of making money out of you guys at a public venue.
=_=

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
hey how convienient!! man there isn't much coicidence than this!!!!! ill be in queensland!!!...busy, but i might be able to pop around for some friendlies!!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
i have no problems with that antho. all for a good cause
Yep.

@Kas: I think its Rune, You weren't even there. It was at QBB.
And, I remember that cricket session. We should play more, I'll make it happen if people are willing.

@"05:00pm - 06:00pm: Draft Crew Battle"
Eh, I really don't think its worth it.
Little to no point unless there is something to play for, ie pre-established crews.

@(Pools)
Brilliant. Finally a change from bloody double elimination. :)

@Anyone looking for a place to stay, if they're traveling a distance:
I have room, n stuff. :)

@Why does there need to be a prize for people to want to come?
Come for the fun of it, and the game, and the wanting to win/be the best....if theres a prize then thats just a bonus...I don't know....:embarrass :(

@Vyse/controllers:
Yeah I might bring some spares too

So anyway, me and Dino will be coming, and bringing the usual.
3 TVs, enough powerboards to run a small town, Wii, N64 n stuff.
Saturday night Sizzler, oh boy, oh boy!!! (?) ;)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay, after some brainstorming, I've decided not to run the GotGames Regionals at LanSmash.
We are going to run a tournament at the PCYC in March at a very cheap cost to players. $10 a head.

I'll make a thread for it soon.

Gords

Smash Champion
it's looking very promising that I will be able to go to this. However I am going to need cheap accomadation close to the venue. Any suggestions?

EDIT: just read back a few posts. DJ I may take you up on that room.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Attendance List:
1. Vyse
2. Azure Rune
3. Sieg
4. Arrow
5. Dedu
6. Accelerate (?)
7. Sirias (?)
8. l3o0k3r
9. Amaterasu
10. DJ Cat
11. Gords
12. Kickflip
13. Drive_Thru
14. Kayahan

Maybe List:
1. Atlasmist
2. djbrowny
3. Scrubs
4. KK
5. Moose
6. Jatz
7. Luke_Atyeo
8. Shaya

+ Many randoms at LanSmash

Equipment List

TVs: 4
Wii's: 2
Brawl: 2
Melee: 2

Vyse: (1 of each)
DJ Cat: (3 TV's, 2 Wii's, Brawl, Melee, N64)

---

Tell me if you need adding!

Dedu

Smash Lord
I need... adding!

For housing!
Anybody's place free I could house at?

House me and I'll house you back free of charge, with free transport to the city and the beach!
*wink* *wink*

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I propose the world's greatest smashfest at DJ's house.

: D

Also, I strongly encourage all the lurkers out there to make a user account and make a post. We need to be able to estimate attendance so that we may be able to get the floor space we need.

Gords

Smash Champion
if I am DJs then I am pretty much for certain. How long I stay depends on the cheap flights. Hopefully this time I won't have some thing on the night before and do what I did last time.

I will have my wii, brawl, melée, brawl+ LOL with me so count that in.
And yes pokemon puzzle ftw. Although atm I prefer puzzle league on ds.

@ luke
How you getting up there. Super awesome road trip?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mmm I dunno, canberra to qld is like 14 hours or something ridiculus. I'd probably just fly, much eaiser.
if I came and convinced shaya to come with would we be able to get housing too, I have relatives that live in qld but they are scary and last time I stayed one of them got really friendly with me and then when I got back I found out that he was g@y. (I am not a homophobe unless they hit on me)
I always get the weird ****...

-Kickflip-

Smash Rookie
Count me in for summersmash and ill be bringing a friend aswell. You can put him down as pez lol itz our nickname for him.

i can bring a wii and brawl too.

Top Bottom