• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counter Stagespike vs. G&W + others?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I was playing my brother's G&W when I decided to mess around with Counter. At 1:00, he got stagespiked by it.

My question is this: does this seem good enough to go for consistently against G&W? I cannot find a more effective way to edgeguard him; his up+B is too fast and has a large hibox, and in general he goes too high to be edgehogged.

Also: do you think there are any other characters that can be edgeguarded like this, if G&W does turn out to be susceptible to it? I think you should be able to do it to Luigi when he tries using the tornado, but I would personally rather use Eruption or DTilt. I tried testing MK earlier, but it seemed like either Shuttle Loop was too fast or the hitbox was too small (so by the time Counter activated, he was already gone) :(. Can someone re-test it?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Works on gdub, peach, and charizard, squirtle to a much lesser extent. It only sometimes works on marth but good luck on taking that bet and 9 times out of 10 he'll autosnap before you hit him.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Gdub is Gay Man Watch.

Possible this could work on Mario, but Eruption is better in that case.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Very nice I have to say. This can work on Marth, I've done it a few times. You just have to be on the opposite side of the ledge as I remember. MetaKnight not sure, I've tried a few times before he's a tad tricky to get.

Top Bottom