• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lamugi's tournament january 24th!

lamugi

Smash Lord
okay guys you know the ish im holding my next biweekly and this **** will be huge!

Once again it will have brawl/melee

5 dollars gets you into every melee event( teams/singles)!

I'm doing my part for the community, now you do yours and come:laugh:

I also have a new venue- it's a empty house with the exceptions of couches and t.v's

soooooooo its the whole shabang and if you need housing it can be arranged.

This can be practice for brawl gigs as well!

We will be recording winners,losers finals as well as grand finals for both teams and singles.

Expect to be impreesed. So don't delay make your way to the tourney/fest:chuckle:

arrive there around 1p.m.
begin doubles around 2 p.m.
take an hour break around 4 p.m.
singles start at 5 p.m.

pot will be divided like this for teams and singles!!!

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Also

teh adress is

9226 spyglass ct. tampa fl 33615

yes we're meeting up at my house then were heading over there, i will have his house keys!!!!!

Now, brawl will be handled amongst the brawl peeps.

Make sure you bring set ups!!!!

General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are done, Best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first follow by brackets. Both Single and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.(Pools for singles only)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Attendance

1. Lamugi
2. Djcslice
3. Polmex
4. ishotlazer
5. jameD
6. D
7. krendin
8. Dmok
9. Charles aka negrodamus???
10. emanuel
11. David
12. slim de la crim
13. Lime
14. monk
15. ed
16 petey_did_it
17. redhalberd
18. poly pockets
19. smooth criminal
20. felipe
21. DRD
22. Daddyshere
23. yummynbeefy
24. eds friend
25. another one of eds friends
26. samus abe
27. otru
28. qdvs
29. colbol
30. dop
31. frames?
32. sheikra
33. spamus

*Set ups*

1 .lamugi cube plus tv
2. lamugi cube plus tv
3. ishotlazer wii plus tv
4. djcslice wii plus tv
5. charles wii plus tv
7. lime wii plus tv

I want at least 9 set ups

7 for melee and two for brawl!

Also everyone better not be a ***** it's 5 dollars for singles and dubs

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't think I'll have anything better to do. I'll probably head over there with Felipe, Mike, Nick and myself.

edit: Also, I can bring a tv/wii

OverLade

Smash Hero
Im so fawkin down for this.

Except Im not good at Melee XD.

*Catch me in the brawl friendlies*

People from out of city should come to this. :D

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Halberd...you should run away from home and rent a duplex with me....2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, tile floor, 700 a month oh snap man come on deal of a life time

minus the fact that neither of us have any money.....or cars

OverLade

Smash Hero
Halberd...you should run away from home and rent a duplex with me....2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, tile floor, 700 a month oh snap man come on deal of a life time

minus the fact that neither of us have any money.....or cars
ROFL yeah if we were making big moneys and had solar powered cars, I'd SOOOOO DO IT!!! lol.

But unfortunately.....XD

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I mean, I would hop on this train of getting that duplex,... but I'd be the only one paying for rent,... and that's all I'd be able to afford so we'd be asking for cups of warter to use the bathroom and such. Oh, did I mention there wouldn't be any food?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I mean, I would hop on this train of getting that duplex,... but I'd be the only one paying for rent,... and that's all I'd be able to afford so we'd be asking for cups of warter to use the bathroom and such. Oh, did I mention there wouldn't be any food?
Nonsense...we could only pay for the rent....and just go out alot...and steal peoples showers.....and a solar car would be really useless............yes

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Lol that would be funny. Just go to Felipe's house at 3 in the morning and ask to use his shower.

Anyways, I don't wan this to get closed for spam,... so on topic:

This better happen. I want to get back into the groove with Melee and just **** around in Brawl using Pokemans Trainer and Captain Falcon.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Address for venue?

Prices?

Ruleset?

Planning?

List of setups?

List of events?

List of interested people?

TO's?

Fail.

Chances of me coming to this are 0% unless those are all updated, more TO's are running the tourney, and guaranteed non last minute housing is organized.

I'm not sure if you ever considered running a tourney with no preparation and small time assumptions is very very hard, and unintelligent. I pray this next one is nothing like what happened this week. What a waste of time <_<

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm in! This will be needed practice for Brawl Gigs so could I ask that we actually use the Gigs ruleset for Brawl? That would be awesome. As far as melee, I'll play friendlies and become another victim of lamugi's, but it'll be fun, and who knows, I may actually get better lol.

I really need to find a copy of melee somewhere, so I can sit down and learn something lol!

lamugi

Smash Lord
Address for venue?

Prices?

Ruleset?

Planning?

List of setups?

List of events?

List of interested people?

TO's?

Fail.

Chances of me coming to this are 0% unless those are all updated, more TO's are running the tourney, and guaranteed non last minute housing is organized.

I'm not sure if you ever considered running a tourney with no preparation and small time assumptions is very very hard, and unintelligent. I pray this next one is nothing like what happened this week. What a waste of time <_<
2 bad no one cares about what you think/if you come. Stop being a jerk, and lets see you do better

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
2 bad no one cares about what you think/if you come. Stop being a jerk, and lets see you do better
LOL, nobody cares about organization obviously.

I'm not being a jerk, I'm trying to help you get organized. If I was a jerk, I wouldn't care if you had another completely miss calculated fest.

As soon as a fine a solid venue, I'm going to be holding monthlys. I don't have the leisure of an empty house.

lamugi

Smash Lord
pssssssshhhhhh son were doing this for the fun, hell id make it free but then everyone would just **** around, i mean idc really but i want everyone in tampa to get super good. Also people who are orgainized are WEAK!

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
pssssssshhhhhh son were doing this for the fun, hell id make it free but then everyone would just **** around, i mean idc really but i want everyone in tampa to get super good. Also people who are orgainized are WEAK!
Fun is fine. Free is fine. But when you leave people sitting outside of your house for 5 hours waiting for something to happen with no response, thats going to far.

I want Tampa to be organized, and have more of a solid community too. But YOU, as their main tournament organizer should be setting an example, and you won't get anywhere if you won't organized. You're also trying to teach these people.

You say that now, but in 7 years when you need to go to that business conference and you aren't prepared, it'll hit you in the face so hard you won't know what happened.

C3 ruleset is the best.

lamugi

Smash Lord
Fun is fine. Free is fine. But when you leave people sitting outside of your house for 5 hours waiting for something to happen with no response, thats going to far.

I want Tampa to be organized, and have more of a solid community too. But YOU, as their main tournament organizer should be setting an example, and you won't get anywhere if you won't organized. You're also trying to teach these people.

You say that now, but in 7 years when you need to go to that business conference and you aren't prepared, it'll hit you in the face so hard you won't know what happened.

C3 ruleset is the best.
again why is it that your the one complaining, you were with me at a wake, everyone else was okay with it and i felt like **** the whole day bcuz of that, look at petey he didnt even go and he was okay with it. wonder why, its cause hes not spoiled like you are

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
again why is it that your the one complaining, you were with me at a wake, everyone else was okay with it and i felt like **** the whole day bcuz of that, look at petey he didnt even go and he was okay with it. wonder why, its cause hes not spoiled like you are
I couldn't stand being at a wake again. I was mopey, and depressed basically the whole time, and I hadn't intended on going to one, but I did anyways. I'm not going into why I was mopey either; its nobodys business, and all that matters is that you know it. After that wake, my entire day went down the drain.

SPOILED? LOL, of all the people who would be spoiled in this world, I am far from it. I get rides to peoples houses, and thats about it.

lamugi

Smash Lord
i know why and sorry for that but again, you were there first hand when my mom went on a rampage,
anyways enough of this pointless arguing, talk about the tourney/fest or dont say anything at all!

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
i know why and sorry for that but again, you were there first hand when my mom went on a rampage,
anyways enough of this pointless arguing, talk about the tourney/fest or dont say anything at all!
I was, and to say the least, she had a perfectly good reason to be upset. If i were her, I would have taken away your license on the spot, but not stopped you from using that house >_>

I want to come to the next one. I really do. But I can't afford to go 6 hours back and forth for nothing. You understand this. At least, I hope you do.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Can't we all just be friends and stop arguing?

Also, Ed, I know somebody with an extra copy of Melee... there's no case and I'm not sure he'll sell it,... but I can ask him for you.

Top Bottom