• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

f-tilt breaking z grabs

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i tested this on link, toon link and i had it work on oli(yesh!!)
tilt downward with f-tilt at the ledge. it outpriorites the grab length in its entirety
this may really help with the olimar matchup as well

PND

Smash Champion
At the ledge. . . like, your back to the ledge? Or ftilt off the ledge, but they're in the air?

I'm just trying to picture this.

Oh, and I think you mean "tether" grabs. Just an amendment to the topic title

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
This works, I've seen this done before.(like I said in the weekly move discussion that f-tilt down is really good, this is just another example.)

nice find Woodman!

It's also been my experience that f-tilt down out does space animal recoveries, by reducing ledge magnetism while in use.

GUYS, F-TILT(down) IS GOOD.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
This works, I've seen this done before.(like I said in the weekly move discussion that f-tilt down is really good, this is just another example.)

nice find Woodman!

It's also been my experience that f-tilt down out does space animal recoveries, by reducing ledge magnetism while in use.

GUYS, F-TILT(down) IS GOOD.
I have a question about that.

Can you really tilt f-tilt?
It seems to quick to be tilted like a rising pound

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Totally, just hold the control stick diagonally.

E.g. Down right if facing right.
also works from a crouch if your pointing it just the right way.

btw you can down tilt jigg's Fsmash the same way.

@noob: we are all over these boards right now lol.:laugh:

Metatitan

Smash Master
Try it with d tilt... if it works itd be easier to perform... and no it probly wouldn't help that much with the matchup considering every good olimar ive faced clears the ledge with uair b4 grappling

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Olimar would be a much easier matchup, and Link would be much easier as well.
Good find.

Veril

Frame Savant
This seems really cool. I mean... a really good find.

Before I sign on to this I want video proof... or I'll test it myself sometime. I'd prefer the proof though.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
...I just realized something. Woody has been using wavelanding before Veril came to this board. We started bashing him because he said airdodging into the ground was one of his techs. He's just figured out (Maybe) that we can break tether recoveries.

Woody isn't useless. Lol.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
...I just realized something. Woody has been using wavelanding before Veril came to this board. We started bashing him because he said airdodging into the ground was one of his techs. He's just figured out (Maybe) that we can break tether recoveries.

Woody isn't useless. Lol.
Stop it! You are breaking the very fabric of reality with statments like that!

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The only problem is being at the right place at the right time. Once we get around that, it's pretty useful.

Does it work on all the tether characters?
-Samus
-Zamus
-Lucas
-Link
-ect.

Cool find, but you are still a troll.

Invent the new wavedash, and you will get buttsecks, cookies, and a new matress.
And a "no longer troll" contract.

Veril

Frame Savant
I want f***ing video of this NOW! No more random chatter. Video and/or a list of all the recoveries this works on. :mad:

I don't care about aib. This thread states something great, with no proof or real discussion. Ugh, so god-d*** frustrating.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I want f***ing video of this NOW! No more random chatter. Video and/or a list of all the recoveries this works on. :mad:

I don't care about aib. This thread states something great, with no proof or real discussion. Ugh, so god-d*** frustrating.
nao nao veril, calm down.

*throws bucket of iced energy drink on veril*

I want the vid, but not that badly. I think it works, and it's bound to be epic.

We should end disscussion until a vid is posted.

Veril

Frame Savant
nao nao veril, calm down.

We should end disscussion until a vid is posted.
I have a test that's very important to my financial situation coming up on friday. So anything I post will be fortified with rage (kid tested... mother approved).

I agree. Video is needed. This thread serves no purpose until video exists. Normally I'd go any do it myself, but... not this week.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I have a test that's very important to my financial situation coming up on friday. So anything I post will be fortified with rage (kid tested... mother approved).

I agree. Video is needed. This thread serves no purpose until video exists. Normally I'd go any do it myself, but... not this week.
This calls for a tax montage.

The vid should have a slow motion shot from various angles.

EDIT: lol not the tax montage. The f-tilt vid.

Izaw

Smash Ace
You CAN'T tilt Links Ftilt. Cause it already covers the whole front area

Tenki

Smash Hero
Olimar would be a much easier matchup,
Ah, actually, either in the Sonic vs Olimar discussion or from me talking w/ an Olimar main, I found out that Olimar's a really special case since his grabs are pikmin attacks and pikmin are like, separate from Olimar.

Basically what I was told was that if any move hits Olimar while he's grabbing (in otherwords, if you have your tilt out and Olimar's 'extended hand' overlaps your tilt box while the Pikmin is walking out to grab you, you'll break out of his grab.

fixed.

I really should start doing some ladder matches. I never had time to. :(

You spelled sixty wrong, and the "I" wasn't capitalized.

;o

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Not Link's ftilt, Jiggs ftilt. Jiggs ftilt can be used to knock our zair edgegrab off while we hang on the tether.
We grab ledge with tether > they ftilt and break our tether before we can recover > we drop to our doom.

Veril

Frame Savant
Wow. Izaw on the Jiggs boards. "gasp"

Yeah, according to the OP jigglypuffs downwards aimed f-tilt will mess up tether recoveries, including Link's. I haven't confirmed this and am always at least a little skeptical about this sort of thing.

You spelled sixty wrong, and the "I" wasn't capitalized.

;o
Smashboards is where the English language goes to die.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Not Link's ftilt, Jiggs ftilt. Jiggs ftilt can be used to knock our zair edgegrab off while we hang on the tether.
We grab ledge with tether > they ftilt and break our tether before we can recover > we drop to our doom.
Don't feel too bad about it, your sword brings sing down to a like what, 5% effectiveness.

Top Bottom