• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inhale + Dedede getting hit causes that Fallthrough glitch.

CO18

Smash Hero
Well Basically I figured out that weird glitch that's happened a few times with Dedede inhaling and the opponent falling straight through the stage.

Basically it seems that if Dedede gets hit during some part of the inhale by an outside force then the opponent that was being inhaled just falls right though the stage.
Obviously the timing is most likely really strict but it does happen.

The first example we saw was in the vid "How crazy is fogo and bwett?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VSdOo1cKPw
While fogo is using inhale right next to his teammate, bwett hits him and the fox just falls straight through the stage.

Then the vid that DonkeyKonguh just posted where he was inhaling snake the Downsmash mine hit him and the snake just fell right throuhg the stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182LvQf41fU

I also have a vid saved of a doubles match where my partner was inhaling a falco on the other team and I accidentally through a waddle dee at him and the falco just fell through the stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYJHNqJNDM (Happens at 1:45)

Colin's vid: One Dedede ftilts other while wolf is being inhaled causing wolf to go bye bye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wxrH3cMbUQ

So basically its probably hard to replicate on demand but its possible.... and maybe some uses can be found lol even if not its neat to know.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol too good.

We should figure this out though. For science.

CO18

Smash Hero
This is really hard to replicate XD. Im not sure during what part of the inhale D3's supposed to get hit.

My teammate and I tried doing it earlier and couldn't get it once.

GGRIP

Smash Rookie
iv pulled an ivysaur thru the stage cuz he used his upb to attack me

Pious Geometry

Smash Rookie
Maybe character weight and placement on the stage have something to do with this...

At first glance I thought the person who fell through the stage was either:

Starting a dash

Starting a roll

Starting a dodge

Could be wrong but this might have something to do with it

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Alright, something I've noticed in all of these is that three hitboxes collide right before the person falls through. I may be wrong, but it looks like in each instance the other player was in the Inhale hitbox, they were in an attacking animation, and then there was some other source (doesn't seem to matter what, really) that provided that third hitbox.

Possible factors I can think of are:
Opponent has to be on the stage (as in touching it)
Opponent has to be near the middle of the stage
Three hitbox need to collide
-One hitbox needs to be an Inhale
-One needs to be an attack (possibly a smash)
-The last probably doesn't matter, but it does need to hit the opponent

I'd test it myself right now but there's no easy way I can think of that will allow me to produce three hitboxes. I'll put my siblings to work later, lol.

EDIT: Other factors could be that it might have to only be on certain characters. So far we know it works on all the spacies and Snake.

EDITAGAIN: Maybe it's only fastfallers?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Me and bwett have been doing this since the game came out lol he just jabs me from brhind when the opponent is going into the inhale, it's REALLY broken lol

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Me and bwett have been doing this since the game came out lol he just jabs me from brhind when the opponent is going into the inhale, it's REALLY broken lol
Who does bwett use, can you do it 100%, and about when in the inhale is it?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
so if this does catch on, ddd is probably gonna be seen in a lot of team matches, correct?

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
so if this does catch on, ddd is probably gonna be seen in a lot of team matches, correct?
If it can truly be done consistently, then yes. But it'll get banned most likely. However, it might happen every now and then by accident.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
That is an amazing discovery, but I figured it out when I saw all the videos. Notice how all the videos were with three players or four players. The glitch only works when Dedede is about to swallow another player when he gets super armor frames, and mainly, the third outside character has to hit Dedede in the super armor frames when he is trying to suck the second guy in, causing the second guy to fall through. It will only find real use in either team battles, or in a tiebreaker free-for-all from round robbin. Good job though. And your video that you uploaded ColinJF is the same one that was in the thread starter -_-'.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
That is an amazing discovery, but I figured it out when I saw all the videos. Notice how all the videos were with three players or four players. The glitch only works when Dedede is about to swallow another player when he gets super armor frames, and mainly, the third outside character has to hit Dedede in the super armor frames when he is trying to suck the second guy in, causing the second guy to fall through. It will only find real use in either team battles, or in a tiebreaker free-for-all from round robbin. Good job though. And your video that you uploaded ColinJF is the same one that was in the thread starter -_-'.
Actually, it works with only two as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182LvQf41fU&feature=related

It's just more rare. :]

DennisTheKing

Smash Cadet
Does this work on FD? and could this be a new tech in team battles that everyone wants to learn? :o!>?

Vayseth

Smash Master
It looks like if you successfully pull off inhale but are stunned by something before the opponent actually gets sucked in (that 1/2 second while they are spinning into D3's mouth) then they don't have a hit box or a hurt box or ANYTHING actually. They just sorta disappear through the level. You CAN do it on purpose, but it's going to be near impossible in singles and REALLY hard to do in doubles and partner specific.

Sudai

Stuff here
Mmm, I'm loving this. I play ROB and team with a D3. I'm already constantly watching him so I can laser him out of Up-B, now I know to laser him out of inhales too. ; D

Will try to get vids of us doing it on purpose together.

About the testing, could someone test this on a stage that doesn't have an "underneath" section (like Yoshi's Island [Brawl] or Castle Siege 2nd transformation)? No Wii or Brawl means I can't test it. : (

Top Bottom