• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2-Day MLK Smashfest/BBQ at JCaesar's Farm, Westminster, MD (1/19 & 20)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Well, I just found out I don't have to work Monday or Tuesday, so I'm throwing my first Smashfest! I'm hoping for good turnout, at least on Monday, since most people should be off school/work. Everyone is welcome to stay the night Monday night and smash all day Tuesday too.

The Place:
38 S Tannery Rd
Westminster, MD 21157
It is about an hour north of Silver Spring, 40 minutes west of Baltimore, and 20 minutes north of the old Critical Hit venue in Sykesville. If you have trouble finding it you can call my cell at 443-536-1386.
It is at my house. I live on a farm, so parking will not be an issue. The fest will be in the building across from the house, which is essentially a 12-car garage. It could comfortably accommodate 50+ easy. Inside are two finished rooms which are heated and carpeted like a house, and I can probably stick 4 or 5 setups in there, but if more than a dozen people come to this (I'm hoping) I'm going to try to heat the garage with space heaters and such so we'll have more than enough space. You should dress warm regardless. If you plan to stay the night, BRING A SLEEPING BAG!!!

The Schedule:
No fixed schedule since it's not a tournament (though I'm thinking we should do some crew battles or something). Just don't show up earlier than like 10am on Monday, and leave by 9pm Tuesday night at the latest. I'm anticipating the most people being here just for Monday night. I will start cooking around 1 or 2 depending on how many people are there.

The Food:
Assuming a good number of people show up to this, I (or Red Bandit) will be cooking burgers and hot dogs on the grill, and cooking fries in my deep fryer (ya rly!). All high quality stuff, and there will be fixins. There are also quite a few good food places nearby (every kind of pizza, McDonald's, Burger King, Roy Rogers, Wendy's, 5 Guys, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.).

The Prices:
I'm just gonna charge $5 flat for all-you-can-eat burgers, hot dogs, and fries. If you can't find something to eat in there ... well then ... gtfo of America, like srsly. Sodas are still 50 cents each but I think I'll have free hot chocolate available.
Electricity fee: $2 unless you bring a setup.
I'm not trying to make a profit off of anything. I just want to break even. I'm giving all the electricity fee money to my mom who owns the house.

The Smash:
This is not a tournament, it is a Smashfest, so I'm open to Melee/Brawl/whatever game you guys want to play. I have 3 or 4 TVs we can use, a Wii, and a Cube. Please brings setups and you can skip the electricity fee. We could also do other stuff like play football or wiffleball or something since there's a lot of big open fields here.

If we have enough people and everyone is up for it, I'd like to do some Crew Battles!

Shinku

Smash Champion
i really would like to come to this and bring people since i aint got squat those two days, but a hour n 30 mins drive is such a blower =\. if lobos comes ill go and go with him lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We have one chicken. Used to have a lot more, but they all got old and we never got new ones. Oh well, no farm fresh eggs for you guys :ohwell:

I hope all the Originals can make this!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
dag. Can't play during the day. I could try and get off work early. I will be there monday night? This would be a good time to test my Dazzle out! I bought a dazzle yesterday and would like to get it working.

Hmmm, I want to start doing money matches. Who wants free money? I'll do 3 dollar money matches at this. You can't be an original, clay cooter, or Chu/Azen lol. Specifically, I want at least a MM rematch with Vist. ROB vs Luigi? Or we can go any characters, but don't give me a reason to use Metaknight please

Anyone else, 3 bucks. Except JCaesar's pig. he is too goodz

We should do a BWW run and cause some trouble.

Vist

Smash Champion
dag. Can't play during the day. I could try and get off work early. I will be there monday night? This would be a good time to test my Dazzle out! I bought a dazzle yesterday and would like to get it working.

Hmmm, I want to start doing money matches. Who wants free money? I'll do 3 dollar money matches at this. You can't be an original, clay cooter, or Chu/Azen lol. Specifically, I want at least a MM rematch with Vist. ROB vs Luigi? Or we can go any characters, but don't give me a reason to use Metaknight please

I'll play you in friendlies but I rarely mm ppl. Anyway, that's a pretty lame match-up to do willingly...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'll play you in friendlies but I rarely mm ppl. Anyway, that's a pretty lame match-up to do willingly...
Oh I see, well it's all good! ROB ***** luigi doesn't he...

oh well i just wanted to beat it heh, i was upset with myself for giving that one away on sat., but major props to you, you beat me

Vist

Smash Champion
Oh I see, well it's all good! ROB ***** luigi doesn't he...

oh well i just wanted to beat it heh, i was upset with myself for giving that one away on sat., but major props to you, you beat me
It's just that it ends up taking a ton of patience (that I usually don't have lol) and chasing since rob's usual best bet is to camp and fire stuff...

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion

i'll do 10 $3 mm

your non-mk vs my olimar?

Bandit

Smash Lord
Ahh, people coming to my backyard for smash. Looks like it is time for the grill master to take his place at the helm.

Basically, this means your neighborhood Zelda will be there (with his dog no less!).

ChuDat

Smash Master
This sounds awesome! I'm mainly coming for the Buffalo Wild Wings that I'll be getting on Monday night and taking a **** load of people with me =D.

Yeah I should be there fo sho. Only monday though. I'll talk to the baltimore people aka hat dksmash turbo kraid btree teamben about coming also

Recomendations:
- Maybe just make people pay u 5$ per person at the door to help pay for the food/and the
electricity instead of having individual prices.
- Start sheezy in the afternoon 2 or 3 sounds good.

BBQS ARE THE ****! I also want to meet some farm animals haha

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
This sounds awesome! I'm mainly coming for the Buffalo Wild Wings that I'll be getting on Monday night and taking a **** load of people with me =D.

Yeah I should be there fo sho. Only monday though. I'll talk to the baltimore people aka hat dksmash turbo kraid btree teamben about coming also

Recomendations:
- Maybe just make people pay u 5$ per person at the door to help pay for the food/and the
electricity instead of having individual prices.
- Start sheezy in the afternoon 2 or 3 sounds good.

BBQS ARE THE ****! I also want to meet some farm animals haha
I could do that if that's what people prefer.

And yeah, everyone should come to Buffalo Wild Wings Monday night, that would be amazing!

Glad to see there's a lot of interest in this!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I might be able to come on monday but it is like a 2 hour drive for me which is makes this a hard decission.

Bandit

Smash Lord
How is it a hard decision? 2 days (or one big day) of smashing with halftime at buffalo wild wings. What can be better than that?

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I should definately be able to make it unless I get scheduled to work on monday,

haven't had bdubs in a month or so, sounds like a plan.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'd like to come to this, but the traffic in DC is gonna suck, I wasn't really even planning on leaving the house that day. Now I gotta go out there and fight the masses.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just noticed boss wanted money from me

Boss silly, you didn't read my original post very well! I didn't want to MM Originals/Cooters/Azen/Chu because I am not a charity. Haha I doubt I could beat any of your characters boss, you are too goodz.

But anyone else bring it. I won't get into town till like, 6ish on monday, and I certainly would like to participate in the BWW run, any way we can accomodate this? 6:15ish is probably a good dinner time anyways. I will do the MM's afterwards.

So for sure I'm playing YO for 3 bucks. P~S should let me know if my deal is ok.

Vist

Smash Champion
I just noticed boss wanted money from me

Boss silly, you didn't read my original post very well! I didn't want to MM Originals/Cooters/Azen/Chu because I am not a charity. Haha I doubt I could beat any of your characters boss, you are too goodz.

But anyone else bring it. I won't get into town till like, 6ish on monday, and I certainly would like to participate in the BWW run, any way we can accomodate this? 6:15ish is probably a good dinner time anyways. I will do the MM's afterwards.

So for sure I'm playing YO for 3 bucks. P~S should let me know if my deal is ok.
d@mnz, you'll mm my luigi but not boss' ... i see how it is lol

no mercy next time i play you ;)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
6:15 is probably a bit early for dinner... let's just wait and see when people wanna eat.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Early? Sweet well then i'll be on time for the BWW festivities then!

Kornn ROFL animal crossing that should be the name of the fest

Top Bottom