• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with "this" situtation | Ask help for a certain situtation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I clicked on this and got a fox vs. falco camping matchup thread. You should just do it somewhere else

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Switch can't even camp me on WIFI, and he's telling us that Fox has nothing on Falco's lasers.

As a matter of fact, granted every advantage and the fact that projectiles and CG's **** on wifi by themselves, Switch can't even KILL me on wifi.

Also, note, I've never lost to a Falco player without SDing at least once.
Wow... wifi... im so impressed.

If you think that wifi means anything stop posting now before you become a embarrassment.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
well i did ask a question but yall didnt wanna answer it, yall still r wastin ur time talkin about camping falcos and wifi.

Dracs

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I laugh reading that thread :

"Falco is better, ha can SHL
-But Fox can shine, he is better.
-But Falco too, and he has CG and Spike.
-FOX IS BETTER!!!
-FALCO IS BETTER!!!"

ROFL, what are you guys, three year old ?
If you think, there is allways a way to approach, a way to attack, you just have to think before you press boutons, for Falco and Fox...
If Falco SHL, I will try to SH-Shine, if it doesn't work, I will try something else...
In brawl, mindgames are more important than everything else...
Besides, I don't see the point in playing/knowing which character is better ON PAPER...
Falco is theorically better than Fox ? then so be it, I don't care...
It's more interesting to not have advantage, and try to overcome it...
If I wanted to have a pure raper for main, I would have play MK...

Sinon, ça fait plaisir de croiser des français... :3
Vous êtes d'où ?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Welcome!

Honestly, I laugh reading that thread :

"Falco is better, ha can SHL
-But Fox can shine, he is better.
-But Falco too, and he has CG and Spike.
-FOX IS BETTER!!!
-FALCO IS BETTER!!!"

ROFL, what are you guys, three year old ?
If you think, there is allways a way to approach, a way to attack, you just have to think before you press boutons, for Falco and Fox...
If Falco SHL, I will try to SH-Shine, if it doesn't work, I will try something else...
In brawl, mindgames are more important than everything else...
Besides, I don't see the point in playing/knowing which character is better ON PAPER...
Falco is theorically better than Fox ? then so be it, I don't care...
It's more interesting to not have advantage, and try to overcome it...
If I wanted to have a pure raper for main, I would have play MK...

Sinon, ça fait plaisir de croiser des français... :3
Vous êtes d'où ?
Well let me welcome you to smashboards....arguements galore.
It's good to know who is better on paper because it gives you an outlook on how match should be like. If the was exactly like you say then there would no need for match-ups as the other opponet would be completely unpredictable. Like you said it's on paper and what you said is easier said than done.
On that note.
Welcome!
EDIT: Like others have said lrn2smashboards

FLAMEDASH

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Whats the best way of getting past yoshi egg spam. I had to play pride b4 and i find it really hard. Maybe I was just being too impatient, but how should u play. Camp and try to shine eggs? rush and hit him b4 he throws? Basically, do you approach, or force him to? Also, off the edge when he recovers and they keep throwin eggs, how do u deal wit dat. If u sit there u probably will get daired, if u put up ur reflector they keep throwin eggs, and if u run away the eggs follow you

§witch

Smash Lord
Switch can't even camp me on WIFI, and he's telling us that Fox has nothing on Falco's lasers.

As a matter of fact, granted every advantage and the fact that projectiles and CG's **** on wifi by themselves, Switch can't even KILL me on wifi.

Also, note, I've never lost to a Falco player without SDing at least once.
Rofl, it's been what a month since we've played? Probably more, and I seem to recall deleting you soon after you D/C'ed after I ***** you so hard.

You then proceeded to sign on to msn, say that that **** is hard to avoid on wifi, then signed off.

Provided, your post wasn't completely fallacious, you had beat my falco, not to say that I never beat you.

I have completely revolutionized my playing style in the past month or so, not that biased wifi claims between mediocre players should change the match up numbers in the slightest anyways.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Rofl, it's been what a month since we've played? Probably more, and I seem to recall deleting you soon after you D/C'ed after I ***** you so hard.

You then proceeded to sign on to msn, say that that **** is hard to avoid on wifi, then signed off.

Provided, your post wasn't completely fallacious, you had beat my falco, not to say that I never beat you.

I have completely revolutionized my playing style in the past month or so, not that biased wifi claims between mediocre players should change the match up numbers in the slightest anyways.

You beat me with Game and Watch, something totally different on wifi (lack of consistent teching)

No, you've never beaten me with Falco.

The only reason I brought up wifi at all is that when projectiles are a major factor in a matchup, the effectiveness carries over to wifi. The point is that Fox isn't as powerless to Falco's lasers as is being said.

§witch

Smash Lord
You beat me with Game and Watch, something totally different on wifi (lack of consistent teching)

No, you've never beaten me with Falco.

The only reason I brought up wifi at all is that when projectiles are a major factor in a matchup, the effectiveness carries over to wifi. The point is that Fox isn't as powerless to Falco's lasers as is being said.
No, me vs you on wifi doesn't prove a goddam thing about the effectiveness of said projectile vs fox. We haven't played for more than a month, and neither of us are top level play are we? I'm not going around saying I'm a shining example of how to play falco, moreover I know I'm not good.

I've revolutionized my play style since we last played, and actually utilize my lasers, and camp effectively. The understanding that I am nothing special as a player should not deter my knowledge of match-ups, or intelligent play in general, don't make assumptions.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Whats the best way of getting past yoshi egg spam. I had to play pride b4 and i find it really hard. Maybe I was just being too impatient, but how should u play. Camp and try to shine eggs? rush and hit him b4 he throws? Basically, do you approach, or force him to? Also, off the edge when he recovers and they keep throwin eggs, how do u deal wit dat. If u sit there u probably will get daired, if u put up ur reflector they keep throwin eggs, and if u run away the eggs follow you
Apparently this thread has been hijacked by *******es trying to increase their post count...

I'm not the best one to answer this since a good yoshi is unheard of where I play, but I usually just rush in with fox's amazing speed before they get a chance to camp. Also, the eggs aren't really a problem if you can power shield consistently. When he's off the stage, it's much harder to avoid and he can be kind of hard to edgeguard with the incessant spamming.

Also, shining in the air to throw off their timing and bait attacks is always a good choice.

With that said, I don't play as yoshi nor know the match-up very well so you'll probably want to try out a few things on your own to find what works best. Just thought I'd comment on-topic so you'd know that not everyone on smashboards has an overly inflated ego...

§witch

Smash Lord
Apparently this thread has been hijacked by *******es trying to increase their post count...
I'm clearly out for post count, which is why my posts were so long. It's marvelous how well most people can arrive at a logical conclusion these days.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Oh ****, he found me out. Watch out, guys, you might be crushed by my super inflated ego. Look at it. Rawwwwwwr.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
I'm clearly out for post count, which is why my posts were so long. It's marvelous how well most people can arrive at a logical conclusion these days.
.............................. I concur.
Oh ****, he found me out. Watch out, guys, you might be crushed by my super inflated ego. Look at it. Rawwwwwwr.
At least you three aren't *****ing at each other anymore.

We should all be focusing on what's important, (aka helping fox be seen as more viable and getting fox some tourney wins and community rep) instead of driving people away from the fox boards with ridiculous and off-topic arguing. I mean ffs, some1 posts for the first time on smashboards to try to help improve fox and is bombarded with bull**** from "experienced" players... If that were me, I wouldn't want to come back...

If you want to argue about who's better on wifi, take it to pm or ANYWHERE ELSE because no one else gives a ****.

§witch

Smash Lord
At least you three aren't *****ing at each other anymore.

We should all be focusing on what's important, (aka helping fox be seen as more viable and getting fox some tourney wins and community rep) instead of driving people away from the fox boards with ridiculous and off-topic arguing. I mean ffs, some1 posts for the first time on smashboards to try to help improve fox and is bombarded with bull**** from "experienced" players... If that were me, I wouldn't want to come back...

If you want to argue about who's better on wifi, take it to pm or ANYWHERE ELSE because no one else gives a ****.
That's clearly what we were doing, actually no. Me, Kheldar and Zhamy were doing nothing of the sort. We were having a debate over fox's viability against falco, when A6M came in and said he beat my falco on wifi, therefore fox is better than falco.

Did you bother to read any of the posts?

Dunno, but this guy is hilarious.
Quite.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
I clicked on this and got a fox vs. falco camping matchup thread. You should just do it somewhere else
What he said...

The original question was about how to deal with falco's lasers and you all went off on the logistics of the falco/fox match-up while at the same time ignoring other questions. I'm just sayin' keep it on topic.

Hontou ni bakana.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
you wanna make fun of my language?
no...no I don't.

On topic: I can't seem to get past IC's spamming de-sync'ed iceblocks. I try to jump over them but when I get close, they blizzard me with a short-hopped blizzard from either nana or popo. Reflecting the ice blocks is useless. If I full hop and attempt an aerial, they see right through it. Shine stalling works occasionally but isn't reliable.

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me nuts.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Lasers can hit back blocks or you can use your shield.

Or jabs... everybody loves jabs.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
have you tried reflecting them with shine then using the roll frames you get to get behind em?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I've tried this, but when I get too close, the roll usually gets punished with squall or blizzard.
Then fake them out with a jump out of roll. If they blizzard, DJ out and punish.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
You're basically never gonna have a safe approach with ICs so you have to really get creative with your dance moves as Fox. Use platforms and such. Oh yeah, hug ledges when you can.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I picked Corneria in a friendlies match. My obnoxious friend chooses diddy and just camps and camps and camps some more down in the little rear area behind the fin of the ship. Bananas are BROKEN down there. No matter how much of a fight I put up, there is only so much space for me to maneuver in. The bananas psuedo-lock me against the side of the ship, then comes the finisher.

Diddy is near impossible to kill in this place. Unfortunately on wifi, I can't stop him from taking me to Corneria whenever he feels like being gay. Help please? This isn't exactly a Fox-specific problem but I use Fox on Corneria often (for obvious reasons).

Zhamy

Smash Champion
My obnoxious friend chooses diddy and just camps and camps and camps some more down in the little rear area behind the fin of the ship.
Then don't go down there? Or grab his bananas, etc. etc. and just outcamp him. Also, Wi-fi sucks v bananas.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Samus? get in her face and stay there. she can't just camp forever cause we have shine, so just getting past her Zair and staying close is all you should have to worry about.

oh but don't reflect everysingle thing if you don't have too.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Samus has a great up-b of out shield to stop dair approaches, so treat this similarly to the way you'd approach Marth, except add deadly projectiles and zair on top of that XD I like to use nair to edgeguard Samus

theres 2 really good Samus that come to tourneys in my area, if i can get someone to record us play at the next Brampton tourney, ill MM them or ask for friendlies

skizbe

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me some advice on fighting Wario? my friend mains Wario and his bite *****. I don't really know how to fight him that well.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Wario is a fair fight for a smart Fox.
You biggest issue is Wariocides, so you'll want to be creative with your recovery.
Wario has fairly decent spacing, but you may want to camp with some lasers. Avoid approaching him head on, he outmatches you in the air, but on the ground, you can get in some shield grabs. With good timing, you can shine gimp him while trying to recover on the motorcycle.

Bite is a ***** to deal with, especially for Fox, who can't out space it--at all.
If he opens his mouth, fill em in with lasers. Your goal here is to make him come to you, and with lasers you can't go wrong, try not to get in the air alot, that up air of Wario's ****, and can kill Fox early.
You can get a little offensive as long as he's not persistently trying to eat you, a down air to grab works well on Wario, great damage builder.
But if he likes to bite, then the match--from your end, should be a camp, bait, and punish game.
Watch out for the motorcycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom