• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA PRESENTS: We DO exist! MELEE REVIVAL TOURNEY by toasty & Caboose!!! 1/31 LIVE

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Results Thread!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219103

Breakfast of Champions Present: MELEE TEAMS AND SINGLES!!! January 31st @ ODU

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE ALONG WITH CREW BATTLES!!!!!!
www.justin.tv/toastytoooast

Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
You have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where these tournaments will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
The garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When:
Jan 31st: 10AM-10PM
BE. ON. TIME.

Doors open at 10AM.
Registration for teams ENDS at 11AM
Brackets will begin ASAP.

Estimated time for end of teams: 2:30 - 3:00PM

BREAK - 1 Hour. If you are leaving and you KNOW you are playing singles, PLEASE register before you leave!!!

IF YOU DO NOT TAKE THIS TIME TO GO EAT OR WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO, YOUR MATCHES WILL NOT BE DELAYED IF YOU ARE NOT BACK IN TIME WHEN YOU DO DECIDE TO GET FOOD. TARDINESS FOR A MATCH RESULTS IN THE LOSS OF A MATCH/SET/OR IF THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT, COMPLETE DISQUALIFICATION

...I recommend that you get/order food or whatever once you are out of the teams tournament.

REGISTRATION FOR SINGLES ENDS AT 4PM

Brackets ---MAYBE POOLS???---...will begin ASAP.

NO $MMs UNTIL THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER (or during the break). I WILL TURN OFF THE SYSTEM IF YOU START ONE.

FEES:
NO VENUE FEES!!!.............but if you don't enter, I strongly urge you to donate $2 to the pot [$1 for each tourney] but you are NOT forced to do so :) I'm holding this event for the community so it'd be greatly appreciated if you could donate a bit to help support it =D!!!
Tournament Fees:
$5 per person, per event.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

757-683-1796 for Caboose's dorm landline
757-635-7806 for toasty's cell

rhan

Smash Hero
STARS is set for the 31st. 24th is still up in the air. I got my setup as usual.

**** just got real.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
just gotta find a way down thats all Lmao

buy yea SoVa STEP IT UP

im not gonna say i can **** SoVa or anything but i hear originals own SoVa right now :o

Declan

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome. I dropped out of the tourney scene because I wanted to go back to melee. I might not be able to make it to the first one because of a birthday party in Richmond, but I can probably get to the other one.

Side note to Chaosknight: 1) Is that a Hero's Quest reference?
2) I'm going back up to GMU this weekend to the Fairfax campus, so
send me a pm if you want to play sometime.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
JAN 31ST IS THE MAIN EVENT!!!!!
so if it's a choice between one or the other, PLEEEAAASE come through on the 31st

EDIT: Declan, it'd be good to see you again :)
Redd: it'd be good to finally meet you. You should come through with Zion since I think he's up in NoVa this semester but will periodically come down here since he has a house here still.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
man, i would love 2 come to this... depending on how busy my schedule is around that weekend

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
ChaosKnight, I dont know you but I <3 you bro...

Itachi is my boy...

and if i come, i guess i'll bring a set up for may-lay, maybe bra-all

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
toasty:

victor said he wants both teams and singles 5 dollars each. he hasnt told me anything about times though so i fbed him again

rhan

Smash Hero
Heck yeah! Crew Battles should be more fun. *Cough*STARS needs to play SS*Cough* So that ameans Ether and O-NO better get thier ***** there. Along with Schoolie. <.<

Hopefully I got enough change to participate in crew battles after buying a new hard drive for my laptop. y.y

Edit: Also................................

Toasty/SoVA: I have interested someone in West VA about the tourney that's being hosted down here. He's willing to come down but he's also wondering if anyone could possibly house him for the night so that he doesn't have to drive 6.5 hours back to West VA in the same day. Anyone that could house him for the 31st, I'm sure he'll be greatful.

Thanks for reading. :)
Yeah.....................

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
Original SS son! and Original CNU! haha. that's what I meant. =P

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i believe so. he betrayed cnu. =P. haha. i'm talking about the active SS that's gonna be there. like oldschool.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
oh he does? I thought that if it was CNU Vs. SS, he'd go CNU, since, if you really wanna get into technicalities, Schoolie never really chilled with SS often...like, we're all veterans of the O-NO SoVa scene. We were all regulars at his fests and then we were part of The Revolution [lmao] which eventually turned into SS.

so, if you wanna keep to definitions, that would mean in this situation, SS is:
MaSHi
O-NO
Ether
CStick
KitsuneKing
toasty
[maybe CDot]

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
JAN 31ST IS THE MAIN EVENT!!!!!
so if it's a choice between one or the other, PLEEEAAASE come through on the 31st

EDIT: Declan, it'd be good to see you again :)
Redd: it'd be good to finally meet you. You should come through with Zion since I think he's up in NoVa this semester but will periodically come down here since he has a house here still.
Yeah man, I'm gonna talk to him today about it. Sounds like a plan.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
beast. lozr+pp too goods on team. dogy too goods commentary. darkrain...that is all.

BEHR

Smash Hero
D:

If its like a 2 Hour Drive i might convince my friend to see if we go.

Top Bottom