• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gotgames NSW/ACT State Qualifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Howdy.

Before I go into much specifics, this thread for the time being will be the discussion of dates.
Having this before the end of January is highly unlikely, but you never know that my amazing skills could do such a thing. However, there is good reason for why I would not.

I want the state qualifier to be able to hold as many patrons as possible; and unfortunately a bit of bias will go towards the more established players for things such as these, but all will be taken into consideration.

I will also note that NSW controls ACT, according to Luke and general map borders.

It's now the 16th of January; from here on out the "somewhat" possible dates are:
31st Jan/1st Feb
7th/8th Feb
14th/15th Feb
21st/22nd Feb
28th Feb/1st March

No, I don't mean 2 days, I mean one of those days over these weekends - most likely a Sunday.

While we do have until mid-March I'd prefer to not leave it that late. In general I will not be willing to (unless there's no other option) hosting the GG qualifier on the weekend of 28th/1st; my uni commitments are going to be extreme this coming semester I can't have this worrying me.

So, ahem, you're either posting here going "I definitely can't make it on -date-" or nothing at all. Oh unless you want to intelligently discuss the rulings.

Rulings
Top 4 of the online ladder are in the final 8 man DE bracket. The other 4 are made up from the 'rest' DE bracket. This 'rest' DE bracket will be seeded with the next 4-8 "ranked" patrons seeded high, and the rest seeded normally; or as I see fit on the day (based on BOOST tournament results).

GotGames Ranks:
#1 Bjay
#2 Shaya
#3 Meteor
#4 tedeth

#5 S.D
#6 Turtle
#7 SPYKE
#8 AdmiralKomrade

- D3 infinite banned. D3 walkoff stages are banned unless both players agree or the opponent character cannot be cg'd.
- Stupid stage selection rule is in place, no CP'n a stage you've already won on.
- MK's infinite dimension cape is so awesome you should use it. UNTIL I DISQUALIFY YOU.
- Chain grabs to spikes are so legal, that if you use falco and don't chain grab to spike Luke, you'll miss out on killing him TWICE with irony!

Anything I've missed?

Stage List?
DO I GO WITH OL'FAITHFUL or bring in the awesome Shaya hate list of potential 09?

Stage List (Staters/Counters):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium Melee
Lylat Cruise
Delfino
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Halberd
Pkmn Stadium2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Yoshi's Island Melee
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

If you're emo about it I'll split the non "neutrals" over. In the situation which we're in, being that those non top 8 can't cancel/strike, it's perhaps fair to make it a starter/counter traditional list.

Anything else? 'discuss'

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sweet. I should be fine for any of those weekends.

What happened to the 'CGs up to 300%' rule?

Also IMO a neutral/counter split is best.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yay act love! hmm maybe I should try and round up a posse to come down.
7th/8th feb is lansmash in qld that I might be going up to shaya (and I'm going to try talk you into it lol)
so maybe not that one? anyway I should be right for any of those, pls do on sunday.

how about venues? the room at the uni might be a little small, idk?

also I already told you why the cg thing was banned at my tourney, so just try it on me, I dare you.
anyways lets get this ball rolling, pro shaya is pro

unreon

Smash Ace
Yay for Bjay, congrats on being #1 :D

Wait, since when was Falco's chaingrab to spike banned in competition? Dude, that stuff was wicked. Farout, and to think I was actually considering trying to use him. Gosh, now Falco has nothing for me.

Bjay

Smash Lord
It's now the 16th of January; from here on out the "somewhat" possible dates are:
31st Jan/1st Feb
7th/8th Feb
14th/15th Feb
21st/22nd Feb
28th Feb/1st March
This is my input

31st Jan/1st Feb - You said this date is highly unlikely. Having said that, this date is still a possibility.

7th/8th of Feb - LanSmash. 2 days tournament, would that be correct?

14th/15th Feb - Tedeth has a fencing comp! Others may have other commitments too.

21st/22nd Feb - seems like the best dates! It will be also about a month's advance notice.

28th Feb/1st March - You said you really don't want to leave it till this late.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Wait, since when was Falco's chaingrab to spike banned in competition? Dude, that stuff was wicked. Farout, and to think I was actually considering trying to use him. Gosh, now Falco has nothing for me.
Not worth the try, it might sorta degrade the awesome skill of your melee falco...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
This is my input

31st Jan/1st Feb - You said this date is highly unlikely. Having said that, this date is still a possibility.

7th/8th of Feb - LanSmash. 2 days tournament, would that be correct?

14th/15th Feb - Tedeth has a fencing comp! Others may have other commitments too.

21st/22nd Feb - seems like the best dates! It will be also about a month's advance notice.

28th Feb/1st March - You said you really don't want to leave it till this late.
something like this sounds good, cmon people get your opinions in (I'm going to regret saying that arnt I?)

Bjay

Smash Lord
Where will this be held?

I hope this on either the 8th, 28th, or 1st of March.

Gords

Smash Champion
the 21/22 Feb is my prefered weekend.
if it going to run late (like past 9:30pm) then a saturday is probably as people may not need to go to work the following day. also trains are more frequent on saturdays nights than sunday nights.

Everence

Smash Apprentice
so isn't the state qualifiers mainly for a player's respective state?
if, for example, i somehow win, will i get a ticket to melbourne despite the fact that i live in melbourne? :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
also trains are more frequent on saturdays nights than sunday nights.
Actually trains come equally often both on Saturday and Sunday.

Having said that, Shaya's posted that this will more likely lean towards a Sunday, but not definitely, only time will tell.

If it's 21st/22nd, I definitely can't make it on the 21st.

22nd I could, I suppose.

Also, will this be held at UNSW?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm sure shaya will be on later tonight and will hopefully give us some more info.
do it

Bjay

Smash Lord
Oh so it really was cancelled, should've said so Shaya!

Why was it cancelled anyway?

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
cause we didnt get any sponsorship from douche bag gotgames also shaya has all the boost money from previous events, i think he spent it on losing his virginity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom