• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under Battlefield

Tiny Giant

Smash Cadet
On youtube I've seen some videos where people go under Battlefield using bombs. I've been able to do this, but not very consistently at all. I don't know if it just takes practice, but its been getting on my nerves. This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have any tips for doing this? I don't want to try it in a game and end up gimping myself.

Hive

Smash Lord
hmm... just get bomb jumping down better I guess.... and learn to control your direction after the bomb jump.... I guess is all the advice I can give...
you can also go under final destination too... now that's hard lol! ^^ (2 bomb jumps, jump, screw attack)
I don't think its too useful midgame though, many people know how to punish it well... but it does look badass ^^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's really not that difficult to perform. In 1:38-1:42, you can see me going under Battlefield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYnnfAjP13M Perhaps that will help you get an idea of how to perform it. I recall a long while back when the game was very early that Tudor went under the stage. It just takes some getting used to. Go to Training Mode and practice going under it back and forth. As soon as you drop from the edge, you want to be moving toward the other side of the stage, but at the same time laying a Bomb. Then continue moving forward and use another Bomb shortly after the first one. After that, use your second jump and Screw Attack.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
On youtube I've seen some videos where people go under Battlefield using bombs. I've been able to do this, but not very consistently at all. I don't know if it just takes practice, but its been getting on my nerves. This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have any tips for doing this? I don't want to try it in a game and end up gimping myself.
Just practice bomb jumping, samus can actually go under FD.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Actually, there is no bomb jumping at all involved - there is bomb dropping though. From the ledge if you just drop three bombs while DI-ing toward the other side, jump, then up+b. Should be as simple as that.

Tiny Giant

Smash Cadet
Actually, there is no bomb jumping at all involved - there is bomb dropping though. From the ledge if you just drop three bombs while DI-ing toward the other side, jump, then up+b. Should be as simple as that.
Thanks for clearing that up. Thats what I was kind of unsure about actually. I think I was trying to bomb jump and not getting enough distance.

Top Bottom