• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

craiigg

Smash Lord
PLAYERS LOUNGE

Hopefully this will keep half the spam or unneeded threads out of this section

Discuss anything- players, online activity, tournaments, matches, videos... or even something completely unrelated to SSB.

Rules:

NO EXCESSIVE SPAM
NO FLAMING

Images are allowed however, don't overdo it...
There are rules and you will be infracted for breaking them.

craiigg

Smash Lord
can you see 64 players going outside here?

this is to clean up some of the spam, all regional sections and some character boards have them so why not us..

Superstar

Smash Champion
You will never get rid of crime either, but you don't see people just throwing away law enforcement.

Reducing is better than nothing.

Speaking of which, SH->FF->uair->LCancel is sex with Mario, but I need more matches in order to practice it. Hoping to Agony again today.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Again with the radical analogies…

Law enforcement = less crime…this is true! (omg no way!)

Making threads so people won’t spam as much = one more thread to spam on (omg that means more spam in actuality? Wtf???)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Hmm, true. But, that does mean Craigg will have more freedom to close those, or at least, won't feel as bad closing them.

What this means is that spam is now permitted...in one place. So, yes, it does mean more spam, technically, but permitted spam > disallowed spam. :D

Also, radical analogies are needed because you won't get someone's attention by mentioning cats and dogs. Also, playing Devil's advocate, but there are arguments that say law enforcement LEADS to more crime, so...:p

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So this thread tends to those who cannot click outside of smash64 forums.....

I HAVE seen other smash64 players though and it’s funny

Koro and Virus, both found me in the Brawl section having a good laugh.

And trust me, as an Admin from EGX, you will NEVER get rid of the spam/ stupidity that follows smash64 players =.=
i did? :o

i go to the melee boards and regionals and occasionally brawl(to read their dum posts..)

as an ex super admin from EGX (and superadmin server owner from my server) i'd say you're right.

IN WEEGEE WE TRUST!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Hmm, true. But, that does mean Craigg will have more freedom to close those, or at least, won't feel as bad closing them.

What this means is that spam is now permitted...in one place. So, yes, it does mean more spam, technically, but permitted spam > disallowed spam. :D

Also, radical analogies are needed because you won't get someone's attention by mentioning cats and dogs. Also, playing Devil's advocate, but there are arguments that say law enforcement LEADS to more crime, so...:p

The funny thing is Superstar, that you assume now (even if you are playing devils advocate I’m going to treat what you said as if it WAS your opinion), because this thread has been made, that people are going to spam LESS in others

That’s not the case

And law enforcement does help lower crime, and seeing as this is a very general thread, please post the arguments that support law enforcement RAISING crime (because its lower and raising spam that we are talking about, not how some laws may insight other crimes)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Same argument as Marijuana being outlawed in the US. Raises the "rebel" factor and the thrill from doing a crime, which is an incentive for certain groups of people to do a crime.

Argument I hear. :p

It won't decrease the attempt to spam, but, it will give craigg more leeway to do his job. Now it's harder for people to criticize him when he locks a spam thread, at least, without them looking stupid. Craigg may be a mod, but he's human. Mods/Admins are usually under attack for doing their job, you know. :p

It will not affect spam in non spam threads, I will say. :D Only creation of spam threads. If it's to try to prevent midthread topic changes...it won't work.

Speaking of which, I can't wait till I get mah new compy. <3
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=9768512

This BETTER reduce my lag by like a thousandfold. I get offline lag too you know.

craiigg

Smash Lord
basically everything superstar has said surri, people in 64 section like to spam. yet they hate getting infractions for doing so.. i think you're the only one who thinks having this thread is useless.

if this thread makes less work for me, and more fun for you then why are you against it? because you like to disagree? if you can think of a better alternative voice your opinion rather than voicing your disagreement

Superstar

Smash Champion
I just said the analogy because I misinterpreted what you meant. I thought you meant "it won't get rid of spam, so what's the point?", rather than "it won't lessn spam, so what's the point?". For the former, analogy holds, for the latter, it fails.

It's like this, if a mod/admin is not criticized, they're not a good mod/admin. Usually, that criticism is not constructive, and the one in charge needs a really thick skin to take it. Not just normal thick skin which is needed for any internet stuff, I mean, well, you know. This thread basically means "ok, you can spam if you want to, but don't blame me if I infract you somewhere else, because I gave you a chance".

It will not get rid of spam, or even reduce it. I agree, total spam will increase. I know I'll be spamming, when before I tried not to spam, but I'll do it in this thread. I like to spam. I like the place to spam with no consequences. <3

I'm still <3 <3 over my build.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
thanks for the thread craiigg..

makes a good way to rack up the post count

"Social Thread - Post to rack up your post count!"

LOLLOL

kjsnjknv kxcvnjxc

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Are we raising our post count? My old 2000 page thread was the best for that I made like 1600 posts in that thread probably

edit to make post worthwhile : UAIR COMBOS WITH LINK ARE AWESOME. LINKS NAIR KICKS *** IN RANDOM SITUATIONS.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Are we raising our post count? My old 2000 page thread was the best for that I made like 1600 posts in that thread probably

edit to make post worthwhile : UAIR COMBOS WITH LINK ARE AWESOME. LINKS NAIR KICKS *** IN RANDOM SITUATIONS.
IN WEEGEE WE TRUST!

DK > kirby

EDIT: in a way yeah dylan it's like the forum games in there TONS and TONS of posts are made but it says that in there it won't make your post count higher

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
We all need over 9000 posts since we're arrogant smash 64 players who think melee and brawl are smelly

edit : Im out of cigarettes until I get some money in a few hours!

edit edit : Im not out of other smokable materials ;)

Lovage

Smash Hero
i really think my favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate
though rainbow sherbert is REALLY good.

Superstar

Smash Champion
If you can manage to play Smash on it, to a decent enough level, without any external buttons, or plugging it into a computer, you're a god.

No, no, seriously.

malva00

Smash Master
wow no wonder i ignored surri lol i need to stop expanding and reading his posts

edit: but i'll probably keep expanding them too tempting

Sensei

Smash Lord
For the longest time, my left speaker wasn't working properly. Now I'm using headphones and finally listening in stereo, things are starting to work out for me.

On another note, I can't wait to moenymatch people in ssb64 at genesis.

Top Bottom