• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mt. Vernon, Iowa Smash Fests/Tourny (SSBM)

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
This will all be based on a weekly basis (Saturdays or Sundays), on how many people are going to attend.

General Information

As the title says, this will be for SSBM. The exact location is at Cornell College, in Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
600 First Street SW, Mount Vernon, IA 52314

They will be starting at around 12pm registration, 1pm starting for the tourny.

My contact number is
630-207-0014
Just leave me a message if I don't answer.

For a Smash Fest...

Cost: Free

Really, only a few people would be needed for this. So I would say if 3+ people (not counting me) would be interested, I can get one of these for here.

For a Tourny...

Cost: $10 singles ($20 for a team, if doubles happens)

At least 8 people (including me). Honestly, it wouldn't be worth the time otherwise. 8 people would allow for there to be 3 winners bracket rounds, so it could be worth while time wise. But of course, the more the better.

Prize money will go as follows:
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%
4th-A pat on the back. (Value? Priceless)

You MUST post here to let me know if you would like to attend. I will keep a running list of those wanting to attend for each weekend, so that you all know if it is going to happen or not.

1/24/09

List of people to attend (aside myself)

None so far.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
I changed the top so instead of IA it fully says "Iowa" now, lol.

Anyway, this first one was short notice.

The next one would be this coming weekend.

Though, I do need to know if people will be coming.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Well I barely saw this thread because it was at the bottom of the page.

Anyways I'll tell my friends and see what each of them say. I'll say more either today or tommorow. But it's this saturday right?

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in this. Though this weekend is a big weekend for me so I probably won't be able to make it. I'll try for the 31st .

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
It is good to see SOME interest in this growing.

So would anyone be up for something this weekend? Even if it wasn't a full tournament, if we can at least get the popularity growing from the start, this thing can probably get some legs.

If you would be up for something this weekend, please let me know.

BTW, we can do it either Saturday or Sunday, depending which day would be easier for people.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
I'll be able to go this saturday and I'll bring a friend.

Saturday or sunday isn't an issue for me I could go on either day.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
What would be the usual timeframes for these? I work at 6pm on Saturdays, so that might make it hard to go...
Well, it honestly depends on the other people going, number of people, etc. Would Sunday work better for you?

I'll be able to go this saturday and I'll bring a friend.

Saturday or sunday isn't an issue for me I could go on either day.
So should I put you down for this weekend?

BTW, set ups would be appreciated, as right now, I only have mine.

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Well, it honestly depends on the other people going, number of people, etc. Would Sunday work better for you?

So should I put you down for this weekend?

BTW, set ups would be appreciated, as right now, I only have mine.
Yes put me down and my friend down and yes I can bring a set-up. How many people should I expect

Heh, not really. I work at 4pm on Sundays. My new schedule sucks...
I heard of your new Job.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
As of right now, it would simply be us 3, unless EB would like to come for a while, in which case it would be 4.

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

Nice matches as well. Mean Roy. Hehe

As for the next one of these, we should probably try to set up a date when more people could come. :/

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
Hm.. well I'm having school kids over on the 7th, but after that probably should do something. Think we should do another tourney the 21st?

Told the guy from Cedar Rapids about you. Said you sounded interesting.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Why did u move? :( everyone around me only plays brawl.. ffs one other of my friend also plays 64.. but no one really like melee anymore except for the samus player.. i wish u still lived here.. when are you coming back? or are u ever? if im ever up there which i doubt ill give u a ring.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
That sucks.. oh well maybe u will be back on the 28th? i think there might be a melee tourny. last time there was, but now it might just be brawl, and other fighting games that isn't melee. but im pretty sure someone will bring a melee set-up. well you probably don't want to spend your break at the end of each month smashing.. so yeah.. x.x

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
I cant go to Jokers, due to my lack of a car.

As for the thing back home, depends. If I know SSBM will be there, I may. Not sure though.

Top Bottom