• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages for Ike

metroid1117

Smash Master
Best neutral = Battlefield (platform dominance and sloped edges make edgeguarding against Aether more difficult), worst neutral = FD (long stage allows people to camp more easily and chaingrabbers to chain grab more).

Best counterpick = Pirate Ship (free water kills), worst counterpick = Jungle Japes (prepare to be camped / water gimped).

Royta

Smash Journeyman
green greens, corneria, pkmn melee and brinstar are also safe bets most of the time. everything with walls and / or fluid to help your recovery is nice.

But also learn to play on the bad stages for ike such as Frigate, Japes and FD.. you'll be going there wheither you like it or not unfortunatly... xD

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Stages that benefit Ike are:
Battlefield: Due to Ike being able to handle people well on platforms as well as projectile spam being less effective here.
Green Greens + Corneria: Because of the low ceiling and fairly close horizontal blast zones.
Pirate Ship: Because Ike can't be gimped off stage and you can also spike people through the water using Dair to get easy KO's.
Yoshi's Island (melee) + Brinstar: Not as good as the previously mentioned stages, but you can aether slide here when you use aether (Ike's Up+B move) on a slope. This causes you to attack and slide away from opponents when you use aether on them.

Technically stages that have platforms and close blastzones + low ceilings are the stages that Ike does well on.

Stages that don't benefit Ike are:
Jungle Japes: Because of the high ceiling making it harder for you to KO opponents and how easy it is for opponents to gimp you into the water where about 75% of the time, you'll die once you're in there depending on the circumstances.
Frigate Orpheon + Skyworld: Ike can be gimped even more easily off stage because of his subpar recovery. FO has only 1 ledge to begin with meaning that Ike can be easily gimped off the side which doesn't have a ledge. Also in Skyworld, the ledges can be destroyed hindering Ike's chances of returning to the stage once knocked off.
Final Destination: If against projectile spammers or chaingrabers on this stage, they can spam projectiles and or chaingrab you more easily because of the lack of platforms there are for you to use. Also, if you don't recover carefully, you'll get caught under the stage lip (Located underneath the ledge.) and you'll fall to your death once you're caught under there because of Ike's subpar recovery.

Technically, stages that have no platforms and or a high ceiling + far away blast zones won't benefit any of Ike's abilities and you'll have to work harder to win. Also, if you're on a stage where it's hard to recover back on stage, it'll be easier for opponents to KO you due to Ike's lackluster recovery.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
lol jungle japes i just won against andyG's olimar with that counter pick i didn't know it would effect ike like that.... well i knew it's just i think it would effect olimar even more then it would effect me

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Distant Planet wasn't a bad one, because of it's weird slope, and its U-Tilt-Smash-Air preformance. That's the same reason I like Yoshi's island. Other than that, Green Greens is the best, no projectile user can spam crap most of the time, good U-(Whatever) platforms, and, as Atria said, close blastzones.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Distant Planet wasn't a bad one, because of it's weird slope, and its U-Tilt-Smash-Air preformance. That's the same reason I like Yoshi's island. Other than that, Green Greens is the best, no projectile user can spam crap most of the time, good U-(Whatever) platforms, and, as Atria said, close blastzones.
Yes, Distant Planet is also another good Ike stage. Because again, as akkon888 mentioned in the quote above this paragraph, you can also aether slide when you use ^B on the slope. Beware when it rains though or you'll be pushed off stage! Also, another good fact is that Ike can take advantage of people well who are on top of a platform, especially when you're on the slope and the opponent is above you on the main platform because people can't pass through the main platform to attack you. So you can assualt them with U-tilts or U-smashes until they get to where you are! Also, blastzones are closer on this stage.

Also, a big plus for Ike on this stage is that you can use the pellets (Comes from those Pellet Posies (flowers)) as a projectile because Ike doesn't have any long distant moves to begin with. Therefore when Ike is on this stage, you have the ability to attack enemies from a distance which is awesome. :) Guess you opponents of Ike can't run away from him too easily on this stage as you'll get attacked eventually! :chuckle:

Top Bottom