• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ftilt lock: How can this be applied?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Okay, so I'm not much of a Pit player, but I'm learning him, and when I was playing the CPU today I noticed that at low %s, ftilt has lock properties. For those that don't know, this means that if you hit someone who falls on the ground during their bounce with ftilt, they will bounce again, and be forced to get up regularly.

Anyways, has anyone found a useful application by using ftilt's lock property, or a setup into it? I haven't experimented with it much, so I don't have anything yet, but discuss any thoughts you have on it over here, and hopefully a good use for the ftilt lock will arise.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Finding setups for it is the main concern.Usually its an opprotunist thing when they miss a tech.

Coffee™

I need it....
I tested this out a bit but to be honest Pit doesn't really have any ways to apply this aside from a possible Fthrow to Ftilt at mid percentages. Most of his moves send the opponent either vertically or at some kind of angle at a considerable distance away from Pit.

Maybe someone else might find an application for this but in theory it seems rather hard to apply to anything in Pit's moveset.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
idk maybe this could be used in like a chain grabbing situation. I really cant think of anything other then just using the time hes getting up to deliver a smash or something.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The only setup I can think of is knocking someone off of a platform from below... Ftilt can cover enough distance to hit them from either side of the platform so it would be useful there, but that's about it I guess.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
If your opponent doesn't know to SDI (and they probably won't unless you've done this to them before) you can chain it into a dash attack. I've done it maybe once or twice in tournament matches, generally like an utilt or usmash pushing a shielding opponent off a platform like Ishieymoro said, and even then they can jump, attack, or tech to avoid even hitting the ground like that in the first place.

Not really that useful, but it looks cool. There's no good way to set up into it, and you're usually better off doing something else in that situation. Like a tech chase to grab or smash.

Top Bottom