• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Manly] Falcon Frame Data

SuSa

Banned via Administration
CURRENTLY COUNTING FRAMES | Will update as I go along

Current Frame of Video: 6390
Out of: 10,406 frames
Going 1 frame at a time

I posted this sooner, so you could look through and tell me like "you forgot something" or have me testing something for you. (eg; Falcon Kick Ledge Cancel type of stuff?)

Hitboxes will be added after I count the total frames (except utilt, I didn't mean to test that though)

Reason that is:

1. Tested move by itself
2. Tested move and held shield (IASA)
3. Tested move against ROB for hitboxes

I tested 1+2 together, then after ALL of that, I did 3. So 3 is at the end, therefore will be done last.

Why I don't do "hitbox ends"-

That takes weeks to be accurate -_- dropping a metal player into the move near its ending time.... over and over and over.... no thanks, sorry.

Things I just realized I forgot:

Reverse Falcon Punch
Dash Attack

My hitboxes are the same as Knee's, so I will assume we both did it correctly, which means my # of frames total, etc. Is also correct. I am still double-checking his work however, I just noticed our Jab/Ftilt/Dtilt/Utilt/Dsmash are all the same.

"Ends" is when Falcon returns to his neutral standing stance, or the soonest time he can perform another action (air)

IASA stands for Interruptable As Soon As, meaning you can interupt the real end lag by shielding, for example. Not all moves are interruptable.

All moves "start" on frame 1

Hitbox is the soonest frame that the hitbox comes out on.

That's all you need to know to be able to read this data:

Jab:

1st Jab:

Hitbox - 3
Ends - 22
IASA -

2nd Jab:

Hitbox -
Ends - 34
IASA -

3 Jabs:

Hitbox -
Ends - 68 (holy, thats an entire second)
IASA -

Forward tilt:

Hitbox - 9
Ends - 39
IASA - --Not interruptable

Down Tilt:

Hitbox - 11
Ends - 39
IASA - 37

Up Tilt:

Hitbox - 17
Ends - 53
IASA - 41 (no, I didn't make a mistake...I even double checked O_O)

Forward Smash:

Hitbox - 18
Ends - 60
IASA - N/A

Down Smash:

Hitbox - 19
Ends - 54
IASA - 51

Up Smash:

Hitbox -
Ends - 59
IASA - 54

Neutral Air:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Forward Air:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Up Air:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Down Air:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Falcon Punch:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Falcon Dive:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Rapter Boost/Dash:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Falcon Kick:

Hitbox -
Ends -
IASA -

Shield Raise:

("Start" refers to when the shield COMPLETELY COVERS Falcon)

3 frames

Shield Drop:
(Refers to just "tapping" shield, when the shield no longer covers Falcon)

11 frames

Roll Forward:
(Refers to the amount of frames when shield was down, to when shield was raised again)

31 Frames

Roll Backward:
(Refers to the amount of frames when shield was down, to when shield was raised again)

Sidestep:

25 Frames

Shorthop
(Refers to the amount of frames between jump and landing)

47 Frames

Full Hop
(Refers to the amount of frames between jump and landing)

Airdodge:

Ends - 39

SuSa

I'm going to have to capture a second video -_- I forgot specials and dash attack, also getup attack from ledge, getup attack from stage, both of those at 100+%, normal getup, roll getup, etc.

..*goes to set his equipment back up*

fox219

Smash Journeyman
nice work!!!!!! CAPTAIN FALCON for Bruce Lee tier!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Nice to see the Captain has at least one attack with Ike like IASA frames on it. Not as sexy as 20 IASA frames on Ike's Usmash, but close enough. XD

SuSa

Forgot angles, how the hell could I forget that? I even suggested it to myself....

I'll test those in the 2nd video tomorrow morning (9-10ish I'll start getting that data)

I'll do my best to finish this before 1pm tomorrow (when I promised I would start collecting Link data) if not, it'll be finished next weekendish.

I hate school.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
It's okay; especially since nobody is rushing you lol.

Don't rush yourself, you might screw something up in the process. Just take it slow and accurate, this isn't life or death lulz.

SuSa

It's okay; especially since nobody is rushing you lol.

Don't rush yourself, you might screw something up in the process. Just take it slow and accurate, this isn't life or death lulz.
If I don't finish what I start quickly, it never gets finished.

/Snake frame data

Correction: Up B is Falcon Dive. Forward B is "Raptor Boost/Dash"
Psh <_> you guys and your FALCON --move here---

I propose we call Fsmash FALCON ELBOW. Dsmash can be FALCON DOUBLE KICK. Usmash can be FALCON JUMP KICK...

lmao

I'll fix that in the next update, thank you =p thought I had something wrong.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Of course this should get stickied once it's over, this is gonna be awesome

Oh and you forgot the taunts lol, knowing the IASA frames is important to pull them off at critical moments without getting punished (Or know when you have JUST enough time for 'Come on!' then punish them as they rush you)

Anyway in all seriousness congrats on this, I'm impressed

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes you do sir

This should be known by every serious Falcon players as it allow you to spam it MUCH faster (extremely important technique for 'with anyone')

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
Falcon's down taunt have two unique animation for what side you're facing, kinda like Pichu in Melee (he was like that in Melee too dunno about Smash64)

One is a lot faster, partialy due to IASA frames, it's like
Show me your movesShow me your movesShow me your movesShow me your moves

while the other is just Show me your moves.....Show me your moves.....Show me your moves.....Show me your moves

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Basically face left as Falcon anddown taunt, it ends much faster than facing right (o IASA, not sure which)

Instant win.

EDIT: **** I'm slow.

SuSa

The frame difference for the move is different.

eg; ending uair just as the first hitbox frames comes out has far less lag then mid-thru the move.

To many variables :/

Was it fastfalled, or was it while falling?
When did it end?

:/

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah this is a HUGE favor for the Falcon boards, I personally appreciate this VERY much.

let's keep the disscussion here intead of on the 4 threads dedicated to why Falcon is crap >__________>

first thing i'm noticing is that Fsmash is the fastest smash in startup frames meaning that if your going to punish do it with Fsmash................which is good because Fsmash has a lot of range, especially when stutter stepped. Also Utilt as expected has IASA frames which makes it Falcon's best tilt, as it has a disjointed hotbox, power, and speed.

disscuss moar

Wogrim

Smash Lord
yeah this is a HUGE favor for the Falcon boards, I personally appreciate this VERY much.

let's keep the disscussion here intead of on the 4 threads dedicated to why Falcon is crap >__________>

first thing i'm noticing is that Fsmash is the fastest smash in startup frames meaning that if your going to punish do it with Fsmash................which is good because Fsmash has a lot of range, especially when stutter stepped. Also Utilt as expected has IASA frames which makes it Falcon's best tilt, as it has a disjointed hotbox, power, and speed.

disscuss moar
I prefer DSmash because of more knockback and because it keeps you at a safer distance (in case it misses). UTilt is great but for speed, no. The hitbox starts way up above his head, but your opponent will rarely be in the place that the hitbox starts at, so you won't be hitting your opponent most of the time until 25ish.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yeah I used to think Dsmah was better for punishing than Fsmash, but I got over it quite quickly, if you walk where your opponent is going to endure landing lag the Fsmash will hit..........plus you can stutter step Fsmash giving it more range. Either way, meh; as long as you can punish that's all that matters.

about Utilt though.........I love this move I seriously out-space Snake's Ftilt with this move by staying out of range then spamming it in it's IASA frames making a wall of Pain that opponents usually run into because they under-estimate it's range. I don't know how you feel about it but I think Utilt is one of Falcon's broken moves.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
It's quite useful if your opponent is in the air and you have the time to pull it out, but on the ground they can get around it or stand out of its range and hit your foot after it falls.

Tenki

Smash Hero
If only it weren't so slow, lol.

For U-air, you might want to take into account the frames the U-air comes out at first, then the frame the U-air hits above, and the frame the U-air hits behind.

Also for aerials, keep these in mind too:
- Total duration of aerial (spam double jump after aerial to find the "finish" frame in midair)
- Landing lag
- "IASA"/ "Autocancel" frame (the # of frames you need to go through in order to get the autocancel effect - may be less than the total duration)
- Frames for second/third/xth hits.

Also, for up-B, I'm wondering how many frames of landing lag he really has without aerial interruptions. Just land and hold shield and see how many frames you're stuck unable to shield as soon as you land.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Extremely useful data, Thank you man!

I wish I had the time to do this myself...

PS: Yes, all of Falcon's moves have a name, even Ftilt :p THE BOUNCER KICK

Top Bottom