• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Singles (64 Entrants)

1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: Overswarm (MK/ROB)
3: Domo (MK)
4: AlphaZealot (Diddy)
5: Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)
5: Ripple (Donkey Kong)
7: King Joshu (King Dedede)
7: Kirk (Ike)
9: Lain (Ice Climbers)
9: SamuraiPanda (Snake/Olimar)
9: Blood Hawk (Lucario)
9: Kel (MK)
13: Chewey
13: Jordan
13: Rowan
13: Clel
17: Fino
17: Chris
17: Tactical
17: Hilt
17: Legan
17: Nope
17: BYAA!
17: ACE853
25: Zeton
25: Holms
25: KY
25: Mr. E
25: Dr. X
25: Omniswell
25: 8-Bit
25: Oranos
33: MachineGunNorm
33: ITT
33: King Yoshi
33: Bowyer
33: ArkiveZero
33: Steeler
33: Cake
33: Andre
33: Mr. Sir. Dr. Daddy
33: Paladin
33: Spec
33: Y.b.M.
33: Gammage
33: Nicole
33: Kit
33: Asdioh
49: Themann
49: Crash
49: JoshKip
49: Infern Angelis
49: Xisin
49: TheBlueBlade
49: Calic
49: Ty Reed
49: Vayseth
49: Meneal
49: Rich Lewis
49: Xero
49: Epic
49: Mr. 9
49: Eric
49: Riddler

Doubles (25 teams)

1: Lainther (Anther + Lain)
2: Get duh Papuh! (Omni + NoJ)
3: King Radical (Joshu + Overswarm)
4: Blood Panda (Blood Hawk + SamuraiPanda)
5: Team B-Button (Kai + Zeton)
5: Midwest Guardians (AlphaZealot + Kel)
7: Mechanical Mustache (Vayseth + Themann)
7: Lick the Tip (Clel + Domo)
9: Team Our Characters Really Suck, but we are at pro at this freakin' game anyway. (Steeler + Legan)
9: God Kais (Y.b.M. + Infern Angelis)
9: Fun Shine Bears (Ripple + Chewy)
9: Team Real Team (Kit + Jordan)
13: Nairs + Nades (Nope + Cake)
13: I Fight For My Tostito's (Kirk + Norm)
13: East Coast Dubs (8-Bit + ArchiveZero)
13: High Voltage (Spec + King Yoshi)
17: Bowyer is Epic (Epic + Bowyer)
17: Terf Toph (Chris + Andre)
17: We Tech Chase In Real Lifes (Holms + Inferno)
17: Power and Speed (Meneil + Andrew)
17: Sparkle Motion (Gammage + Oranos)
17: I Don't Care (Mr. E + TheBlueBlade)
17: Team We're Not Dating (Andrew + Nicole)
17: Dream Team (Mr. 9 + Paladin)
25: Forward Air Incorporate (Xisien + Eric)

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4431

Some videos:

January 17th, 2009 - Midwest Circuit Championship (Winona Lake, Indiana)
Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Semifinals
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Port Town Aero Dive
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy kong) vs Anther (Pikachu): Delfino Plaza

Watch the last, epic, minute of game 3.

Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Round 4
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Bloodhawk (Lucario): Pokemon Stadium 1
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Bloodhawk (Lucario): Frigate Orpheon

Midwest Circuit Championship Winner's Round 3
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Joshu (King Dedede): Halberd
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Joshu (King Dedede): Smashville

OS has winners finals, losers finals, loser's semi finals, and my loser's quarter finals matches also recorded, along with I'm sure a lot of other matches (don't know when he can get a chance to upload them). Will link when OS puts them up.

Hence

Smash Ace
Good Show!
Congratulations Anther, your Pikachu makes me want to actually learn the match-up. Camping AZ like that was impressive. o_O

King~

Smash Champion
Fun tourney was fun

shoutouts:

Spec/Neji: noce to finally meet you in person doubles were fun

Anther: Even though we talked alot i didnt ask for any advice and we only played one friendly(wtf) if you guys go to CoT4 we have to play.

Lain: Nice seeing you again. it unfourtanate about your placing, atleast you ***** everyone in MMs.

Fino: next time i wont make the same mistakes, hoep to play you again sometime

Omniswell: nice seeing you again your ICs are still to good

AZ: thanks for playing a couple of friendlies with me, your kirby is really good for just starting him and your diddy is just straight ****, hope to play you again sometime.

Crash: is too funny

Steeler and Legan: nice clutch win in doubles, the matches were too fun.

Everyone else i played: GGs i had fun

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Wow, I can't believe I actually made the list!

Scrub Random mains, ftw.

Interesting how I actually won the matches I chose Random, and lost every mirror match. *lesigh*

Next stop: Ganondorf.

Quick shoutouts from a scrub:

Anther: Either you were waaay better than our opponents in friendly doubles, or Pikachu rocks with Grampadorf. My combos were actually working! XD It was fun man, thanks. And congrats on your winz.

Omni: Did I scare you in the random money match? ^-^

Zeton: I learned the most from you, mate. We sat down, and I learned a TON through our discussion and play time. I'll keep working on Lucario, like you recommended. Thanks again, mate.

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood scrub (who pretty much does all the driving around here...)

-Riddler-

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Shoutout time:

To everyone I played in friendlies - Good stuff guys, most of you were killin my Sonic b4 the tourney I'll blame it on being tired, but no johns.

Menelie - We had that match, I don't know what happened but that stuff happens. Lots of fun playin doubles with ya.

Omniswell - your IC learn too fast. I got you 1 time in the MM before you learned my strategy and learned how to counter it. It took me like 20 friendlies with chewy to come up with that and you countered it in 1 match... Too good.

Lain - great job in singles, you finally didn't take seconds for once. Hopefully I can break my curse of getting second in singles as well. Your IC are also too good as well, I'll hopefully find SOMETHING Sonic can do against it.

Zeton - Nice fox, it was cool dissing our respective character discussion boards.

Overswarm - Nice MM's, I hope I showed you Sonic isn't just completely trash... Can't believe I lost to your Snake though, how embarassing... Hopefully I'll MM you at some other tourney soon and win.

Legan - I'm pretty sure I was MM'ing your olimar and yoshi and stuff... Good stuff man, that Yoshi is pretty sick. I think I have to try to footstool more. Also, if you can try and remember what the HELL that was during our friendlies match where I double springed... Any info at all might completely change the way Sonic is used if I can figure out what that was.

JoshKip - Keep reppin the Sonic, Don't let this tourney get you down, just go enter scrub tourneys and make some money to build up your confidence.

Cr4sh - Dude, makin me go to norfair cause I accidentally said I banned frigate instead of norfair.... I guess It's legit though, my fault for not learning the names of stages I avoid (LOL I ban frigate orpheon, y'know the one that has lava on it)

Anther - As much as Sonic dittos suck, I think we gotta do one next tourney I see you at, great job in the tourney.

Everyone else - WOW, this was by far the most difficult tournament I've ever been to way too many people with almost no scrubs.

Good job ITT, Byaa and King Yoshi. Glad to see you guys going to a larger tournament. Might of done bad this time but we have plenty of more tournaments to go to! Let's keep it up.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Good job ITT, Byaa and King Yoshi. Glad to see you guys going to a larger tournament. Might of done bad this time but we have plenty of more tournaments to go to! Let's keep it up.
Speaking of which, I gotta MM you again. I think my sonic got a lot better after this tourney and need something to gauge myself with. Plus I wanna win my money back from the last MM.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Here is a portion of my shoutouts:

Michigan - Good to see all of you again, unfortunately didn't get to play a few of you.
(Lain) - Those randoms matches were awesome. FINALLY, I was able to get a win off of you, lol. Singles was good as well, always great to play ya.
(Vayseth) - Thanks for your help again, you helped us get through a couple knots.
(SamuraiPanda) - TvC was awesome! Thanks for introducing it to some of us.

Kansas - Nice meeting all of you, always great to have some new faces at the tournaments around here. It was too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies back at the house. Hope you guys come back again.
(Fino) - Thanks again for your patience last night. Things just kept going wrong over and over.

Kel - This was a great circuit season. 日本の幸運。<- Hope I spelled that correctly...
(Good luck in Japan.)

Blood Hawk - Another successfully run tournament. Thanks for the smash help/advice!

Dastrn - Thanks again for reserving the venue for us.

More to come later...

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
The roads weren't too terrible. I took ITT, BYAA!, and King Yoshi home safely. I think the most dangerous thing out there was our lack of sleep...I had to take shifts with ITT driving home. >.<

Kel

Smash Master
Thanks for coming out in the weather everyone. Driving last night was one of the worst experiences ever. I really hope everyone got home safely.

This was the biggest circuit at 64 entrants. Also of note is that over 3/4 of the people that already had circuit points DIDN'T show. This means that if those people would have come to this, we could have had a 100+ man tournament easily. This, to me at least, means that the circuit was a success. The point of the circuit was to bring our region together, give us a lot of competitive practice, and to establish the competitive Brawl community in general. I want to thank everyone that's participated and I hope we can keep it up. The MW is too good.

Also Lain, you are over exaggerating with the money situation. 50$ got taken away from the 1st place prize in teams because the venue fee accidently got mixed into the doubles pot. If any of that money was left over, it would have gone into the circuit pot anyway (which you won 1st in teams anyway so it still benefitted you). I'm very sorry about this mix up, but it ended up ok. It won't ever happen again. Live and learn.

I'll have my videos, which include grand finals up sometime within the next couple of days.

I want to give a HUGGGGGGGEE thank you to Kansas for coming out. You guys rock. It's awesome that you guys were so dedicated, and you're all really good. Good stuff, Domo.

Congratulations Anther. You deserve it man.

I hope we can get another circuit going. I'm still willing to help out any way I can. I'll definitely be into organizing (with other council members) when I get back from Japan. And I'll be sure to represent the Midwest, and the U.S. while I'm there.

Thank you tons Bloodhawk and BlueBlade. The community appreciates you TONS.

^ This is as close as I get to shout outs.

Vayseth

Smash Master
This tournament was awesome.

Kansas guys: Nice to finally meet ya'll!
Ky- Nice talkin to ya man and good stuff in doubles =)
Steeler- Nice to finally meet ya! I hope you come out more!
Legan- YEAH. REP MI SON! =P You'll always be MI to me, so I shouldn't include you with these guys.
8-Bit and his Bro (forgot name sorry! ;_; )- TheMann and I had a great time playing both of you in singles and doubles! Very close matches but I guess Mann and I just ran out of steam by the time singles finally rolled around. Why'd we have to play you guys first? >.< Hope to see you again.

Mr. E- Sucks you didn't get a partner =( But it was good seein' ya and thanks for cheerin' on my ROB. Only you know how awesome I am at teching! XD And how the heck do you carry that TV everywhere??

Norm- It sucks I'm not going to see you this weekend but I'm glad I got to see ya again. NEXT TIME, we'll do friendlies for sure. I had to sleep since I drove like 4-5 hours XD
Kirk- WTF Ike? Nice seein' you again and you I will see this weekend =)

Ripple- WHO ARE YOU?! Nice job in the tournament man. I was really surprised! Keep improving and hopefully I'll see you at some other tournaments again!

AZ- Nice to finally meet ya and good **** in singles. You did what you came to do. You almost beat Anther and gimped NOJ in ways the game didn't even know were possible. GGs and I'm sure I'll see you again soon.

OS- Glad to see you haven't missed a beat! I'd better see you up in MI sometime soon! Thanks for the great interview and help me with ROB =(

The MI crew- YEAH DOUBLES IS THE ****. And we don't care about singles so HELL YEAH WE ***** DOUBLES. MI fell apart in singles for some reason but I'm glad to see everyone stepped up their game, including Panda nearly taking out OS if it wasn't for that SD >.<
Lain and Omni, I expect better out of you two!
Anther, you did it again baby! =D
NOJ: There's always tomorrowwww.
Mann- Soon we'll be owning teams like no other.
Toph- You're the man in so many ways. The bet is still on.
Terf- Who beats Snakes with Yoshi?! Fun times this weekend.
Bowyer- Loses to Legan again... Well, at least you lost to MI =)
Rofa- I liked helpin out with the video! Can't wait to see the final.

TBB- Jew fros for the winz. Glad to see ya again and you better come to MI for a tournament next month!
Bloodhawk- Great matches and I hope to see you on the 14th!

Kel- Thanks for running the circuit! I think everyone had fun, regardless of all the BS that went down. Such is the life of a TO. Hope to see you in MI sometime.

To the rest of you: YOU CAN SUCK IT. No really, you can.

C+P FTW

Overswarm

is laughing at you
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Overswarm&view=videos#

^Vidsssssssssss

This was an awesome tournament. I wish this had been the start of a new season rather than the ending of last years... this would have been a much better start.

2: Overswarm (MK/ROB)
Also, WTF at me having ROB. I used ROB in one match in the entire tournamnet and it wasn't even in any of the finals matches. >_>

The snow on the roads was pretty ridiculous, so we ended up getting a motel and watching Sponge Bob Square Pants in the morning. The signature shirt is now retired and will be replaced with a brand new shirt, ready for fresh signatures.

Orange for winner's bracket, Black for loser's bracket, Green for Money Match victories, Red for tournament losses. Will be fun. :D

1: Anther (Pikachu)

Epic as always. I didn't put up as much of a fight this time; our games were close, but you were always a few steps ahead. Enough to where I felt I could goof off on the last game of the set, knowing I was done XD

I dunno what traveling will be like in the future, but we gotta go to a big tournament somewhere soon.

3: Domo (MK)

Keep it up! I probably won't see you too often since you're a million years away, but go rep your region. Don't stress about the suicides too much... it happens. I generally just tell myself "if it was close enough to die from a suicide, I either took too many risks or shouldn't have let it get so close." Attributing it to plain old bad luck is a scary way out. Makes you complacent, makes you feel like you "should" have won every game you've ever lost... it's like johns 2.0, so don't fall in that trap! Just train harder.

4: AlphaZealot (Diddy)

Hee hee... you lost to an MK again :D

Your match against Joel on RC was about the only thing in the tournament as lucky as the things that happened to me though. Killing himself twice was ridiculous!

5: Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)

Welcome back... If you didn't notice, everyone in the top 5 couldh ave easily switched places by just a few changes in SINGLE GAMES. Suicides, trips, missed attacks... it was all way too close. Welcome back to the top players!

5: Ripple (Donkey Kong)

I kinda zone out when I play, so sorry if I sounded angry when I said "you're dead". I was referring ot your character, who I killed.

7: King Joshu (King Dedede)

Most Rad.

We need to find actual counterpick stages or something.

9: Lain (Ice Climbers)

You need a character that actually compliments your other characters! D3 and ICs have a lot of really bad matchups that they share, and whats worse is the playstyle that works against ICs works against D3! Pick up Olimar.

9: SamuraiPanda (Snake/Olimar)

You used Olimar this tournament? Crazy.

You have gotten a lot better since you started. You're no longer "that mod guy on smashboards", but rather "Panda the snake main". You've got a top at top 3 at tournamnets you attend, and that's saying something.

9: Blood Hawk (Lucario)

Didn't play you or MM you. This is like 3rd tournament in a row that's happened at. Weird.

9: Kel (MK)

put videos upppppppppp

I want to see Anther's Mr. Anderson against me.

Everyone else, good ****. If you came to this tournament, you're already leagues above most other smashers in the midwest. This was one of the largest pools of midwest talent we've ever had, and the games stopped being easy after SECOND ROUND for even the best of us. Walking up to Anther and talking about how we were unsure of the next people we were going to play, winning by only a stock, having to think about CPs.... that's in stark contrast to us goofing off in brackets until we play each other in the finals. This tournament was different and everyone had to step their game up.

AZ vs. NOJ, AZ vs. Anther, Panda vs. Overswarm, Domo vs. Overswarm, Anther vs. Fino, etc., etc... so many crazy close matches.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood shiz everyone.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I had a horrible time getting home, if you see my post in the now-closed before-tourney topic. Not going to repost that shiz but man it sucked.

OS, you used ROB in the final game against Anther on Orpheon. And yeah, lots of pretty good people here this time. WTF Olimar players, Kansas guys, Kirk's Ike and so on. Excellent character variety... but where the hell is Toon Link? NOBODY plays that poor kid and he's pretty **** good, I just don't understand it at all. :( Could've used you, Quivo!

At any rate, gooooooood stuff everyone. Special thanks to TBB, BH, Kel for running this shiz and honorable mention to OS's loud mouth for occasional important announcements.

Those who were complaining about no pools: It would've been nice to get to play more matches but we already didn't end until about 1:30am. I'm not sure we would've been out in time for the churchfolk that morning if we had done pools and 64 entrants is the perfect size for a bracket anyway.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OS, you used ROB in the final game against Anther on Orpheon. And yeah, lots of pretty good people here this time. WTF Olimar players, Kansas guys, Kirk's Ike and so on. Excellent character variety... but where the hell is Toon Link? NOBODY plays that poor kid and he's pretty **** good, I just don't understand it at all. Could've used you, Quivo!
And against Panda in game 3 of their set (this after Panda won one game and lost an extremely close game to OS's MK-OS's ROB looked much more beastly in this match up).

clowsui

Smash Legend
Jesiah look on AIB son

Winners' bracket
Defeated Zeton
Defeated ArkiveZero
Lost to SamuraiPanda

Losers' bracket
Defeated Nope
Defeated Rowan
Defeated Blood Hawk
Lost to Domo

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And against Panda in game 3 of their set (this after Panda won one game and lost an extremely close game to OS's MK-OS's ROB looked much more beastly in this match up).
I totally forgot about using ROB vs. Anther on the final game. XD

I had pretty much accepted defeat at that point unless ROB somehow changed things up for me there. I could have taken a game, maybe two, off of Anther... but not two sets. It was done after I lost the PS1 game I squandered ><

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
OS be prepared for the next event! I plan on beating you there while also taking first

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Quivo woulda ***** this, lol.

Btw, I bet $20 on you if you face Santi in tourny or an MM. Help me win $20 off of M2K the only way I can; through others! :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unless you plan on picking up DDD, I don't need one. and besides if I can go even with lain's DDD in 2 sets, that says something
Lemme guess, Lain didn't infinite you? =P

And yes, I plan on picking up D3.

*mindgame commences. Is he serious? Is he joking? Is Ripple doomed? TUNE IN NEXT MONTH*

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
*Is too lazy to make a comment worthwhile*

But I'm posting nontheless mainly so that people can finally spell/see my name right.

I want more matches with Ithrowthings, that one match where i jumped off/missed aether for no reason does not count. Did we play more than one match? I don't remember. Too much brawl...

I want more friendlies with Legan and Inferno too...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You don't have to "Pick up D3", you just have to grab 3 times, thus why the infinite should be banned.
Hey guys, I brought a knife to your gun fight. Mind if you downgrade for me? Thanks.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys, I brought a knife to your gun fight. Mind if you downgrade for me? Thanks.
LOLz, true, but I think when people vote for new rules that will be one that will be debated fiercely. Either way, the infinite is hilarious, I have the most popular video of it being used, and I could care less if it is or not. I just think it would make the game better because Dedede is already good and the 6 characters it works on (minus DDD himself) don't need a senseless infinite preventing them from moving closer to the top.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
But I'm posting nontheless mainly so that people can finally spell/see my name right.
Yeah, I kept getting names wrong yesterday on Tio. All that is my fault, my bad. (that goes for ACE853, Xisin, J-Kip, Rowan and whoever else I didn't mention)

Top Bottom